Were you hurt in a slip and fall or another type of accident on someone else’s property in Boca Raton, FL? You may be entitled to recover compensation from the property owner based on negligent maintenance. Call a Boca Raton premises liability lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, at (561) 347-7770 to find out how we can help you fight for the money you deserve.
We offer a 100% free consultation, so don’t hesitate to contact our respected law firm for assistance with your case today.
Table of Contents
How Our Boca Raton Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help With Your Premises Liability Case
When you walk into a grocery store, shopping mall, or even a restaurant, you should expect things to be reasonably safe. Unfortunately, property owners don’t always maintain their property in a safe condition. If you have suffered an injury because of unsafe conditions, you’re entitled to hold them financially responsible for the negligent maintenance. This concept is what lawyers call “premises liability.”
Despite this, you shouldn’t expect the property owner to simply hand over a check. Expect a fight even when the property owner has insurance to cover the cost of your injuries. Be ready for the insurance company to blame you for getting hurt. In fact, be ready for the insurer to make it as difficult as possible to recover fair compensation for your injuries.
An experienced Boca Raton personal injury attorney can help you prepare for this fight. At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, our skilled premises liability attorneys have more than 28 years of experience. In that time, we’ve been handling injury claims similar to yours on a daily basis. We aren’t afraid to stand up to the insurance company on your behalf.
When you retain our legal services, you can expect an attorney who will:
- Investigate to get the proof required to support your case
- Hire respected experts to provide the type of evidence insurance companies take seriously
- Build a case designed to drive up the value of your injury claim, even as the insurance company does everything they can to pay less than you deserve
- Put our legal skills to work in negotiating the highest possible settlement award
- Look out for your best interests, provide solid legal advice, and make sure you have answers to all of your questions
- Take your case to trial if the insurance company refuses to offer an acceptable compensation package
We have a proven track record of recovering full, meaningful compensation awards for our clients. We’re ready to put our team to work for you if you were hurt in a premises liability accident. Call us today to schedule a free consultation and get started with your case.
Overview of Florida Premises Liability Laws
Property owners in Florida are responsible for maintaining their property in a safe condition. As long as you’re lawfully on the property, you should be able to expect reasonably safe conditions. Florida premises liability laws apply whether you’re visiting a business or a private residence.
However, the duties of business owners differ from those that apply to private homeowners. Visitors are generally classified as invitees, licensees, or trespassers for purposes of the law. That classification can make a big difference in terms of the owner’s obligations.
When you walk onto someone else’s property to conduct some type of business, you’re automatically classified as an “invitee.”
For example, you’re given invitee status if you’re visiting a:
- Grocery store
- Shopping mall
- Rental apartment complex
- Sports stadium
- Business office
Business owners are held to a higher standard of care. After all, you’re there to support their business endeavors. Business owners have a duty to:
- Maintain the property in a reasonably safe condition
- Provide adequate warning if there are any hazardous conditions that can’t be fixed right away
- Inspect the premises to uncover any hidden dangers
Florida law does provide an exception for slip and fall accidents in businesses. Generally, if you slip on some type of temporary substance (a spilled liquid, for example), the business owner is liable if they had actual or constructive knowledge of the spill.
Constructive knowledge can be shown by proving the type of spill happens frequently enough to be foreseeable.
Social guests are classified as licensees. When you visit a friend’s home for a dinner party, you’re classified as a licensee. Licensees have the same rights as invitees, with one exception. Property owners don’t have a duty to conduct regular inspections of their property to identify hidden dangers if you’re there for social reasons.
Trespassers, the Attractive Nuisance Doctrine & Injuries to Children
Property owners don’t have to take any steps to keep trespassers safe. However, Florida law imposes a duty of care when young children are involved. The attractive nuisance doctrine requires property owners to take steps to keep children away from attractive hazards on the property.
Kids don’t recognize danger as easily as adults. If there is an attractive nuisance on the property, the owner must take precautions to keep kids safe.
Common examples of attractive nuisances include:
- Swimming pools
- Abandoned appliances, and
Preventing a child injury can be as simple as installing a fence or putting a lock on a gate.
We Handle All Types of Premises Liability Claims in Boca Raton, FL
Premises liability laws apply any time you get hurt on someone else’s property. We handle all types of premises liability cases, including those involving:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Dog bites
- Negligent security
- Elevator accidents
- Bed bug injuries
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
- And more
If you were hurt on someone else’s property, don’t hesitate to call for legal help. Our personal injury attorneys at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers will evaluate your case for free.
Negligent Property Maintenance Can Lead to Serious Injuries
Even a simple slip and fall can cause serious injuries. Accident victims are often surprised at the damage they’ve suffered–all because someone else neglected their property.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we’ll fight to recover fair compensation if you’ve sustained:
- Brain injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Herniated or slipped discs
- Back injuries
- Hip fractures
- Internal bleeding
- Broken bones
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
You deserve compensation to make up for every inconvenience your injury has caused. Whether you expect to require ongoing care or recover relatively soon, our lawyers in Boca Raton are here to advocate for everything you deserve.
Time is Limited: Take Action Today
The statute of limitations in Florida gives accident victims two years to file a personal injury lawsuit based on negligence. The time limit may differ depending on the facts of the case.
Remember, it’s always smart to seek legal guidance quickly after you get hurt. It can be challenging to find proof to support your claim in a premises liability case. Property owners almost always fix the dangerous condition as soon as someone gets hurt.
Our lawyers at the Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can make sure you meet all the deadlines and protect your right to sue for damages.
Comparative Fault Rules in Boca Raton, FL
Insurance companies usually try to blame the victim in premises liability cases. They might claim that you were just clumsy or that you should have noticed the dangerous conditions. These tactics aren’t enough to let them off the hook for damages in a personal injury claim.
Under Florida modified comparative fault, your compensation award can be reduced to account for your share of the blame. It won’t be eliminated unless you are mostly responsible.
How Much Compensation Can I Recover in a Premises Liability Lawsuit?
When a property owner neglects their duty to keep you safe, they deserve to be held accountable. That means they should be responsible for making you whole again to the extent possible. The actual dollar value of your claim will depend on your unique injuries.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we’ll fight to recover the full range of compensation that you deserve. That might include money for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Future medical expenses
- Future lost wages
- Physical therapy
- Long-term care
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Damages for wrongful death
Your settlement check should help you cover the cost of your medical bills and make ends meet while you recover. It should also account for the suffering and trauma caused by your injury.
If you’re interested in learning more about compensation that might be available in your case, just call our law group for a free case evaluation.
Call a Trusted Boca Raton Premises Liability Lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers For a Free Case Review
A respected Boca Raton premises liability lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can fight to recover the entire range of compensation you deserve. We understand the challenges you might be facing if you were seriously hurt. We’ll do everything we can to help you get your life back on track.
To get started, call to schedule a free consultation today.
Our personal injury law firm in Boca Raton, FL also provides:
- Assault Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Burn Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Molestation Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Day Care Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Day Care Negligence Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Defective Toy Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Dog Bites Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Hip Replacement Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Parasailing Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Scaffolding Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Scooter Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Slip and Fall Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Spinal Cord Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Taxi Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Train Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Watercraft Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Workplace Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL