Bicycles have the right to share the road safely with other vehicles. When you’re hurt because someone else was careless, you deserve to be fairly compensated for your injuries. The experienced Boca Raton bicycle accident lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, will fight to get the maximum compensation possible. Contact us at 561-347-7770 today.
We’ve been helping clients across South Florida get the money they need to recover for decades. Our team handles all personal injury cases in Palm Beach County, including Boca Raton catastrophic injuries, wrongful death claims, Boca Raton pedestrian accidents, product liability claims, electric scooter accidents, and more. Just contact our Boca Raton law offices to speak with an experienced attorney today.
Table of Contents
How a Skilled Boca Raton Personal Injury Attorney at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, Can Help You
When you’re on a bicycle, even a “minor” accident can lead to debilitating injuries. You might be off your feet for weeks or months while you recover. If you’re like most people, the last thing you want to do is haggle with insurance companies over the value of your claim.
So if you are looking for a bike accident lawyer in the area speaking with an experienced personal injury lawyer is the best way to make sure you get fair compensation while you focus on recovering. Our law firm has more than 28 years of experience at our disposal. We know how insurance companies work–and the tactics they’ll try to use to reduce the value of your claim.
When you hire Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, you can rest assured that an experienced attorney is handling every aspect of your case. Here’s a summary of some of the ways we can help:
- We will investigate to pinpoint what caused the bicycle accident
- Our team will identify the responsible parties, which may include other drivers or even the public authorities responsible for maintaining the roads
- Our lawyers know how to back when the insurance company tries to blame you for the accident
- Most accident victims don’t know what their case is worth–we’ll work with a team of experts to make sure your case is valued accurately
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we’re different from other personal injury law firms. We don’t pressure you into taking a lowball settlement just so we can get through as many cases as possible.
Our attorneys take the time to work closely with you–so that we leave no stone unturned and get every dollar you deserve. We provide small firm personal attention with the resources and results common to much larger firms. That’s how we maximize results for each and every one of our clients.
If you want to learn more about how we can make a difference in your case, give us a call today.
Bicycle Accidents in Florida Are Extremely Common
Florida weather conditions make year-round bicycle use possible. It’s not surprising that many residents choose to cycle on a regular basis–whether for exercise or just to get around. Unfortunately, Florida also has the highest number of bicycle accident deaths in the U.S.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration data shows that Florida bicycle accidents result in 6.7 deaths per million residents–more than 2.5 times the national rate.
According to NHTSA data, in 2018, 49 bicyclists were killed in Florida. Palm Beach County conducted a study in 2017–and found that the most dangerous “hot spot” for bicycle accidents was Palmetto Park Road at Federal Highway, in Boca Raton. Notably, the top “hot spots” for bicycle accidents and fatalities are along stretches of roadways where everyday people choose to ride their bicycles.
Bicycle accident injuries were most common in cyclists aged 45-54 in accidents in Palm Beach County–and the majority of bicycle accidents in the area happened at night.
Common Causes of Boca Raton Bicycle Accidents
One of the reasons that Florida has the most cycling fatalities in the U.S. might seem to be our year-round warmer weather. However, California, which has similarly moderate temperatures in many areas, has a much lower fatality rate when their larger population is considered.
So why are bicycle accidents so common in Florida? Some of the leading causes of bicycle accidents include:
- Distracted motor vehicle drivers
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Failure to watch out for bicyclists
- Insufficient infrastructure, including dedicated bike lanes and barriers
- Insufficient lighting for cyclists riding at night
- Wide roadways and high speed limits
- Unsafe or illegal turns
- Inexperienced drivers
- Defects in the bicycle
- Poor or dangerous road conditions
Drivers don’t always pay attention to bicycles–and that carelessness can put a bicyclist in the hospital in an instant. If someone else was careless and you were hurt as a result, they should be held accountable. Help is available nearby. Our lawyers are here to help you find out what happened and hold all negligent parties financially responsible.
Bicycle Accident Injuries Are Often Severe
Even with a helmet and all available protective gear, bicycle accident injuries are likely to be severe. Our personal injury lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, can help you get the money you need for medical treatment and all of your expenses along the way.
We can help with all bicycle accident cases, including those resulting in:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Burns and road rash
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Soft tissue damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death
Recovering from a serious injury can be complex enough. You shouldn’t have to worry about fighting with the insurance company over money. Our lawyers are available to handle the details of your case to make sure you get the money you need when you need it most.
How Much Time Do I Have to Decide?
Taking legal action might be the furthest thing from your mind. Even if you aren’t exactly sure what caused your accident, it’s important to act quickly. Under Florida’s statute of limitations, you have two years to sue for damages. You may have more or less time depending on the facts.
However, even the most experienced lawyer needs time to investigate your accident. We’ll also need time to make sure we accurately value your claim–after all, we want your settlement award to be meaningful and cover all of your expenses.
Our personal injury lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, are ready to learn more about your accident. If you or a loved one was injured and you’re ready to discuss options, call our law offices today.
Who Can Be Held Liable for My Boca Raton Bike Accident?
In Florida, anyone who contributed to the cause of the accident can be held liable. This might include:
- Negligent drivers
- Transportation authorities responsible for road maintenance
- Employers of someone whose negligence caused an accident while on the job
- Pedestrians or other cyclists
- Manufacturers of defective products
Insurance companies often try to reduce their financial obligations by blaming the victim. Under Florida’s modified comparative negligence law, you can still recover compensation even if your own carelessness partly caused the accident. You just can’t be mostly responsible for the accident.
However, your damages award can be reduced in proportion to your own fault. Imagine you were awarded $100,000 in damages, but found to be 30% at fault. Your damages award can be reduced by 30%, to $70,000.
If the insurance company tries to blame you, you should speak with an attorney right away. Your attorney can present evidence to minimize the amount of fault assigned to you. Our lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, know how to investigate these cases to maximize your compensation award. To learn more, all you have to do is call.
What Types of Damages Are Available for My Bicycle Accident Injuries?
Florida negligence laws give you the right to recover all of your damages and losses from the negligent party who caused your accident. After all, it’s that person’s fault that you were forced to incur those expenses. Your compensation award should also account for your suffering and inconvenience.
Your damages award may include money for:
- Medical bills
- Future medical treatment
- Physical therapy, rehab and specialized care
- In-home care
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress
- Property damage
- And more
Insurance companies always want to pay as little as possible. It’s your lawyer’s job to make sure your claim is presented in a way that clearly demonstrates the fair value of your claim. At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we’ve been handling personal injury cases in Boca Raton for nearly 30 years.
Our lawyers have relationships with respected experts and financial specialists in the area. Those experts can provide valuable evidence about the fair value of both your current and projected future costs.
We’ll put those resources to work to get the most compensation possible for you.
Call Today for a Free Consultation With a Respected Boca Raton Bicycle Accident Lawyer
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, our hard work has paid off for clients over the years. We’ve recovered millions in settlements and verdicts for clients near Boca Raton, West Palm Beach, and across South Florida.
If you or a loved one were hurt in a bicycle accident, call an experienced Boca Raton bicycle accident lawyer today. We offer a free consultation so that you can tell us what happened, ask questions and get our honest advice about your case. Remember, time is of the essence, so call as soon as possible so that we can get started on your case.
Our personal injury law firm in Boca Raton, FL also provides:
- Assault Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Burn Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Molestation Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Day Care Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Day Care Negligence Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Defective Toy Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Dog Bites Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Hip Replacement Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Parasailing Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Premises liability Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Scaffolding Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Scooter Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Slip and Fall Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Spinal Cord Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Taxi Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Train Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Watercraft Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Workplace Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL