Have you suffered a brain injury because someone else was negligent? An experienced Boca Raton brain injury lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help you get the fair compensation you deserve.
We have over two decades of experience fighting for accident victims across South Florida. We’ve recovered tens of millions for injured victims of Boca Raton motorcycle accidents, Boca Raton construction accidents, bus accidents, product liability claims, spinal cord injuries, and more.
Table of Contents
How Our Boca Raton Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help With Your Brain Injury Claim
When you’re coping with the fallout of a serious brain injury, it’s important to have an experienced attorney by your side. You have the right to expect that the person who caused your injury will be held financially accountable. That doesn’t mean it’ll be easy to get the money you need.
A brain injury can change every aspect of your life. You might require around-the-clock care. Returning to some type of normalcy can take months, if not years. It’s important to make sure you recover enough compensation to account for your future expenses.
An experienced Boca Raton personal injury attorney can greatly increase your chances of recovering the full compensation you deserve. At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we begin every brain injury case with a full investigation.
Our lawyers will:
- Locate evidence to pinpoint the cause of your accident
- Work with experts in accident reconstruction, forensics, and other fields to get the proof needed to back your injury claim
- Interview witnesses
- Analyze your medical records and work with your doctors to put a fair value on the future cost of your treatment needs
- Fight back when the insurance company tries to blame you for the accident
- Negotiate aggressively to get the maximum compensation possible
Insurance adjusters are paid to find a way to minimize the value of your claim. While they might put on a friendly face and act like they want to help, the insurance company will do everything they can to pay less than you deserve. It can be hard to fight back when you’re dealing with the stress of a traumatic injury.
Our lawyers will stand up for your rights and protect your best interests every step of the way. If you’re ready to learn more about how we’ll approach your unique case, all you have to do is call. We’d be happy to schedule a free case review and listen to your story.
Types of Traumatic Brain Injury Cases We Handle
Center for Disease Control (CDC) data shows that nearly 3 million people are impacted by traumatic brain injuries (TBI) each year. Falls are the leading cause of these brain injuries, followed by accidents where the victim is struck by an object.
Generally, brain injuries are classified based on whether the skull was penetrated. Brain injuries can be closed (meaning that the skull was not penetrated) or open. At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of brain injury cases, including those involving:
Even a “minor” brain injury can have serious and lasting consequences. That’s why you should never take a brain injury lightly. The signs of a closed head injury can be extremely subtle. If you were hurt in an accident, it’s important to take precautions to prevent serious harm.
Common Causes of Brain Injuries in Boca Raton
Some people are more likely to sustain a brain injury than others. People who play contact sports or work in the construction industry, for example, are frequently in situations that can cause an accident.
However, brain injuries can be caused by any number of traumatic events, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall accidents
- Defective products
- Sports accidents
- Assault and violence
A brain injury can severely diminish your quality of life. At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we know that no amount of money can replace what you’ve lost. We are, however, dedicated to getting the maximum amount of compensation possible so that you can move forward with your life.
Symptoms of a Traumatic Brain Injury
Any medical professional can tell you that there’s a lot we don’t understand about the brain. Some brain injury victims don’t even know they’ve been hurt until days or weeks have passed. That’s why it’s always important to get checked out by a doctor after any type of accident.
If you were involved in an accident, pay attention to these signs that you might have suffered a brain injury:
- Loss of consciousness
- Nausea or vomiting
- Unexplained mood swings
- Fatigue and difficulty concentrating
- Tingling in the hands, feet, or limbs
Any delay in receiving necessary medical treatment can lead to devastating consequences. Watching for the signs of a brain injury can be critical to getting the medical help you need.
Long-Term Consequences of a Serious Brain Injury
The brain controls much of who you are. Serious brain injuries often have long-term physical and mental consequences. The exact consequences depend upon which part of the brain was injured.
We’re here to help you get compensation for the full range of damage your injury has caused.
Some common long-term consequences of serious brain injuries include:
- Memory loss
- Muscle weakness
- Personality changes
- Diminished mental capacity
- Loss of speech
- Vision loss
- Loss of coordination
- Wrongful death
Any brain injury can cause permanent damage. Some are even fatal. If you or a loved one suffered a brain injury, get legal help right away. Our brain injury attorneys serving Boca Raton, Delray Beach, and West Palm Beach are even available to visit you in the hospital so that we can get started.
Deadline to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit for Damages in Florida
State law imposes a deadline for filing an injury lawsuit. If you were hurt in an accident, the Florida statute of limitations gives you two years to file a brain injury lawsuit based on negligence. You may have more or less time in certain cases.
Victims of medical negligence also have to take action within two years. However, the two-year period doesn’t start running until you reasonably should have discovered that your injury was caused by medical error.
Brain injury cases are notoriously complex. It can take time to understand the full extent of your injuries. Our lawyers can help you meet all applicable deadlines. Contact our Boca Raton law office today to make sure your rights are protected.
Can Shared Responsibility Impact My Right to Compensation?
Florida modified comparative fault rules divide financial responsibility among everyone who contributed to the cause of an accident. That includes the victim. Brain injury victims can lose a portion of their compensation award if they’re found partially responsible for the accident.
However, as long as you’re not mostly at fault, you won’t lose your entire compensation award. For example, if someone else was 50% responsible for the accident, they’ll be required to pay 50% of your damages. But if you are 51% at fault, you can’t recover any damages.
Your lawyer’s skill is especially important when shared responsibility is an issue. If someone is trying to blame you for getting hurt, give our lawyers a call today. We have the skills you need to effectively fight back and protect your rights.
Damages Available to Brain Injury Victims in Boca Raton, FL
If your brain injury was caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for things like medical bills and your lost wages while you focus on recovering. The size of your settlement or verdict will depend upon the severity of your injury.
Most brain injury victims are entitled to compensation for things like:
- Future medical expenses
- Lost future earning potential and opportunities
- Physical therapy
- Rehabilitative care
- Long-term care
- Speech therapy
- In-home modifications
- Speech therapy
- Memory care
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Lost independence
- Damages for wrongful death, including loss of consortium and financial support
You might never again live the life you enjoyed prior to suffering a blow to the head. Don’t underestimate the cost of a serious brain injury. Insurance companies tend to exploit accident victims who need to get money in their pockets quickly.
Our lawyers can help you get the medical attention and treatment you need while we fight to win the compensation that’s fair. Remember, once you accept a settlement award, you can’t ask for more money in the future. A lawyer who specializes in brain injury cases can work to find out what you really deserve.
Ready to learn more? Call an experienced attorney at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers today.
Call For a Free Consultation With an Experienced Boca Raton Brain Injury Lawyer Today
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we’ve been fighting for brain injury victims in Boca Raton for decades. We’d be happy to do the same for you. All you have to do is call our law firm to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Boca Raton brain injury lawyer. You can also connect with our team online to learn more about our legal services.
Our personal injury law firm in Boca Raton, FL also provides:
- Assault Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Burn Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Molestation Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Day Care Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Day Care Negligence Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Defective Toy Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Dog Bites Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Hip Replacement Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Parasailing Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Premises liability Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Scaffolding Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Scooter Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Slip and Fall Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Spinal Cord Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Taxi Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Train Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Watercraft Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Workplace Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL