Were you or a loved one injured in a boating accident near Boca Raton, FL? A skilled Boca Raton boating accident lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers may be able to help you recover compensation for your losses. Call us at 561-347-7770 for a free consultation.
Our law firm has over 28 years of experience representing injured victims of Boca Raton slip and fall accidents, cruise ship accidents, dog bite injuries, Boca Raton lyft accidents, burn injuries, and more.
To learn more about recovering compensation from the negligent party who caused your accident out on the water, contact our Boca Raton law offices today. As always, your consultation is free.
Table of Contents
How Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, Can Help After Your Boating Accident in Boca Raton
It takes much more than a simple insurance claims form to recover compensation after a boating accident in Boca Raton. You have to prove what caused the accident–and you have to find out who was legally responsible. You also have to convince the insurance company about the value of your injury claim.
The insurance company won’t make things easy. They’ll question the extent of your injuries and your need for medical care. They might even try to find a way to blame you for the accident. An experienced Boca Raton injury lawyer can help you through this difficult process.
When you hire Hollander Law Firm, we’ll handle every aspect of your case.
That means your attorney will:
- Answer all of your questions and make sure you understand the legal process
- Investigate to get the proof you need to support your claim
- Hire experts in accident reconstruction, medicine, occupational therapy, and other specialties to prove the value of your claim
- Defend you if the insurance company or responsible party tries to blame you for the accident
- Use more than 28 years of legal experience to negotiate the best possible settlement award for you
If you have questions about the legal process or how much your case is worth, don’t hesitate to call for help. Our attorneys know the insurance company’s strategies inside and out–and we’re here to level the playing field so that you can get what you deserve.
How Common Are Boating Accidents in Florida?
According to the U.S. Coast Guard, Florida leads the nation in boating accidents, fatalities, and injuries. In 2019, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) reported 65 boating accident fatalities–up from 54 in 2018. 453 people were injured during the 2019 year, up from only 307 in 2018.
Palm Beach County ranked third on the list of Florida counties with the highest rate of boating accidents. The highest percentage of Palm Beach County boating accidents in 2019 involved:
- Open motorboats (38)
- Cabin motorboats (36)
- Personal watercraft (15)
- Sailboats (6)
- Airboats (1)
The vast majority of boats involved in accidents were between 27 and 65 feet in length. Most fatalities were caused by falls overboard–and most fatal accidents took place between 2pm and 6pm in the afternoon.
Common Causes of Boating Accidents in South Florida
Boat operators have a duty to operate the vessel safely, just like a driver in a motor vehicle.
Unfortunately, people make mistakes. In other words, boating accidents in South Florida are often caused by driver negligence.
Some of the leading causes of boating accidents include:
- Failure to keep a proper lookout
- Inexperienced operators
- Excessive speed
- Machinery failure
- Operating a boat under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Obscured vision
- Violation of a navigational rule
- Occupant behavior
- Careless or reckless boating
- Hull failure
- Hazardous waters
Uncovering the cause of the accident is key to recovering fair compensation for your losses. The vessel’s operator could be held responsible for negligence. If a defective boat component caused the accident, the manufacturer might be liable under Florida product liability laws.
In the end, you might not know exactly what caused the accident. At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, our personal injury attorneys are here to help you find out. If you’re looking for the proof you need to file an injury claim in Boca Raton or West Palm Beach, give us a call for a free case review today.
What Damages Are Available to Boating Accident Victims in South Florida?
When you’re dealing with the insurance company, it’s important to remember that you’re entitled to compensation for both past and future expenses under Florida personal injury law. Insurance companies often bank on the fact that accident victims don’t realize this. They might offer to reimburse you for all of your current expenses–but leave out the fact that you could be entitled to more.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we’ll fight to win the full compensation award you deserve. That could include money for:
- Past and current medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Future medical bills
- Lost future earning potential
- Physical therapy, rehab, and occupational therapy
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Damages for wrongful death
Most boaters are covered by some type of insurance. Despite this, you have to demand the compensation you deserve–the insurance company won’t just hand it over. You’ll also need evidence to show why you deserve the amount you claim.
Our attorneys have relationships with experts and specialists across South Florida and Fort Lauderdale. We’ll bring relevant experts in to provide proof to support your claim and get the fair compensation you deserve.
Can I Recover Compensation If I’m Blamed For a Boating Accident in Boca Raton?
Sometimes accident victims’ actions actually contribute to the cause of the accident. In other cases, the insurance company might try to twist the facts in order to escape paying what you really deserve.
It’s important to understand that under the modified comparative fault rule in Florida, your compensation award can be reduced to account for your share of the blame. You will not be able to recover any compensation if you are mostly to blame.
In other words, if the insurance company is successful, you’ll walk away with less money than you’d otherwise receive. An experienced personal injury lawyer can evaluate the facts and circumstances of your accident to minimize your share of the blame. At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we always conduct a full investigation so that we make the strongest case for maximum compensation.
We Handle All Types of Boating Accident Cases
The number of boating accidents in South Florida is on the rise. We handle all types of boating accident cases, both common and rare.
According to the U.S. Coast Guard, some of the most common types of boating accidents include:
- Collision with another vessel
- Collision with a fixed object
- Falls overboard
- Slip and fall accidents on the personal watercraft
- Fires or explosions
- Collisions with underwater objects
If you were hurt and believe someone else was to blame, don’t hesitate to call Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers for help. We have more than 28 years of experience helping injured clients recover fair compensation across South Florida. We’d be more than happy to put that experience to work for you.
Common Boating Accident Injuries in Boca Raton, FL
According to FWC reports, some of the most common boating accident injuries in the state of Florida include:
- Lacerations and contusions
- Broken bones
- Brain injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Internal injuries
- Burn injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back injuries
- Injuries to the teeth and jaw
- Hypothermia and shock
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
You might hesitate to pursue your right to compensation–especially if a close friend might be responsible. However, a serious injury can turn your life upside down. The cost of treatment can be extensive–and you might be out of work for months.
Your injuries shouldn’t prevent you from getting the skilled legal advice you need–and it shouldn’t derail your financial plans. To learn more about how our Boca Raton boating accident attorneys at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help you get the fair compensation you deserve, call for a free case evaluation today.
What’s the Deadline For Filing a Boating Accident Lawsuit in Florida?
Boating accidents can be complex. In some cases, federal and maritime law might come into play. Usually, these cases are governed by Florida state law–which limits the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit.
Under the Florida statute of limitations, you have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. You’ll also have two years to file an action for wrongful death if you lost a loved one in the accident.
There are exceptions that could lengthen or reduce the amount of time you have to file a claim. If you’re worried about preserving your right to compensation, call an experienced lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers today. You don’t have to wait until you’re fully recovered. We can start evaluating your injury case today.
Contact an Experienced Boca Raton Boating Accidents Lawyer Today
Don’t trust just any lawyer with your boating accident claim. At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we treat our clients like family. We also have a proven track record of success that you can count on.
If you were injured, call today to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Boca Raton boating accidents lawyer you can trust. With over 28 years of legal experience in your corner, you can greatly improve your odds of recovering maximum compensation for your losses. We represent clients in Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach, and across South Florida.
Our personal injury law firm in Boca Raton, FL also provides:
- Assault Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Burn Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Molestation Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Day Care Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Day Care Negligence Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Defective Toy Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Dog Bites Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Hip Replacement Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Parasailing Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Premises liability Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Scaffolding Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Scooter Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Slip and Fall Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Spinal Cord Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Taxi Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Train Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Watercraft Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Workplace Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL