Did you or your loved one sustain a catastrophic injury in an accident? You may be entitled to substantial compensation. A compassionate Boca Raton catastrophic injury lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help your family through this difficult time. Contact our Boca Raton law office at 561-347-7770 to learn more about your rights.
We have over 28 years of experience handling all types of personal injury cases, including car accidents, Boca Raton spinal cord injuries, Boca Raton brain injuries, motorcycle accidents, wrongful death, and more.
You probably have many questions when facing the prospect of a dramatically altered future. Our lawyers offer a free consultation so that you can get the legal advice you deserve.
Table of Contents
How Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers Can Help if You’ve Suffered a Catastrophic Injury in Boca Raton
Catastrophic injuries usually happen suddenly, in some type of accident. In the blink of an eye, you might find that your entire life has changed. Often, at least one other party is responsible for the accident and the consequences. You might not know who or what caused your accident. At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we make it our mission to find out.
Pursuing your right to compensation can be one of the most important things you do if you’ve been seriously hurt. However, you should expect the insurance company to fight back. They’ll launch a full-scale investigation and do everything they can to pin the blame on someone else–including the victim.
Having an experienced Boca Raton personal injury attorney in your corner can be critical to making sure you get the compensation you need. At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we bring over 28 years of experience to the table. We’ll use our financial resources and legal experience to maximize your compensation award.
When you hire us, your attorney will:
- Investigate to find out who is liable for your accident
- Work with top experts and specialists to assess the full extent of your injuries and expenses
- Offer clear and straightforward answers to your questions as your case progresses
- Handle the negotiation process so that you can get the most compensation possible
- Defend you when the insurance company tries to reduce your compensation award by blaming you for getting hurt
- Advocate for your right to full compensation before a judge and jury if necessary
We know that the stakes are high if you’ve suffered a life-altering injury. Our top priority is securing a compensation package that accounts for your past, current, and future needs.
If you’re ready to learn more about what an award-winning personal injury attorney can do for you, call Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers for a free case evaluation today.
What is a Catastrophic Injury?
A catastrophic injury is one that fundamentally changes the victim’s life. Victims of catastrophic injuries suffer permanent, disabling consequences. Most are unable to return to any meaningful employment.
Any type of injury can be classified as catastrophic if it’s serious enough. Examples of injuries that can be catastrophic include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Severe burns
- Traumatic amputations and loss of limbs
These types of injuries create a need for ongoing, sometimes life-long, treatment. The financial consequences to the victim can be difficult to imagine. Some traumatic injuries can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to treat. You shouldn’t let the negligent party who caused your accident off the hook for those costs.
Common Causes of Catastrophic Injuries in Boca Raton, Florida
Our catastrophic injuries practice areas at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers are comprehensive. Our personal injury attorneys handle all types of injury cases in Boca Raton.
With nearly 30 years of experience under our belt, we know what it takes to successfully handle even the most complex injury cases.
Common causes of catastrophic injuries include:
- Car accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Premises liability
- Boating accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Slip and fall accidents
- Trip and fall accidents
- Negligent security
- Defective products
Regardless of how your injuries occurred, we’ll find out who was responsible. That way, we can hold each party individually accountable for the harm they’ve caused.
We know that you’re probably overwhelmed if you or a loved one are dealing with the aftermath of a catastrophic injury. Our lawyers want to help your family move on with your lives. We’re always available to arrange a free consultation–and we’re available to meet remotely or travel to your hospital or home if you’d prefer.
Proving Liability in a Florida Catastrophic Injury Case
As a baseline matter, you have to show that someone else was negligent to recover damages in a catastrophic injury case. That means offering proof that the defendant:
- Owed you a duty of care
- Breached that duty of care
- Directly caused your injuries and damages
Finding proof isn’t always as easy as you might think. That’s why we’ll launch a full investigation into your accident. We might work with professional accident reconstruction specialists to get solid evidence about how your accident happened.
Our attorneys will also obtain and analyze:
- Police and accident reports
- Witness statements
- Medical records
- Video surveillance
Our lawyers know the types of evidence that can be useful in establishing liability. We also know how to find the proof you need. If you’re ready to find out more about how we can help pursue full compensation for what you’ve lost, give us a call today. We’re always available to take your call.
Florida Statute of Limitations in Catastrophic Injury Cases
In Florida, you have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit based on catastrophic injuries. If your loved one’s injuries eventually result in death, surviving family members have two years from the date of death to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
There are always exceptions that might give you more or less time to file a lawsuit. For example, victims of medical malpractice only have two years to file a lawsuit. That clock starts to run on the day the victim reasonably should have known about the medical mistake.
To make sure you meet the deadline, it’s a smart idea to speak with a personal injury lawyer right away. You aren’t under any obligation to sue for damages–but you can also make sure the option remains available.
The Role of Shared Fault in Catastrophic Injury Cases
Florida shared responsibility rules let victims recover compensation even if they were partly to blame. As long as at least one other person was mostly at-fault, you can sue for damages under state personal injury law.
In the state of Florida, when modified comparative fault is involved, your compensation award can be reduced to account for your share of the blame. The insurance company might try to use these rules to scare you off.
It can be tricky to determine each party’s percentage of fault in any personal injury case. Catastrophic injury cases can be even more challenging. You deserve to have a lawyer in your corner who will fight to minimize your role in the accident. Reach out to our skilled accident lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers to get the advice you deserve today.
Don’t Underestimate the Costs Associated With a Catastrophic Injury
One of the defining characteristics of a catastrophic injury is the need for ongoing care. Sometimes, victims require permanent and even around-the-clock care. The costs associated with this level of care can be astronomical.
Insurance companies often try to capitalize on the fact that accident victims often don’t have in-depth knowledge of the personal injury laws designed to protect them. They might offer you money right away. Even though it can be tempting to get money in your pocket quickly, these settlement offers rarely account for the full costs of your injury.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we’ll put in the work to assess the true value of your injury claim. Catastrophic injury victims are often entitled to compensation for:
- Medical bills, including emergency room costs and hospitalization
- Lost wages
- Future medical expenses
- Lost future earning capacity
- Physical therapy
- Rehabilitative care
- Long-term care
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of your independence
- Damages for wrongful death
You’re entitled to be compensated for all costs associated with your injury if someone else’s careless actions were to blame. That includes the emotional toll the injury will undoubtedly take on you and your family.
Never accept a settlement offer without first running it by a personal injury lawyer. Whenever you’re ready to take the next step, our team at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers is standing by to take your call.
Call an Experienced Boca Raton Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Who Will Fight to Protect Your Legal Rights
You have a difficult road ahead if you or a loved one have suffered a catastrophic injury. You deserve financial help. To get the quality legal representation you need, call an experienced Boca Raton catastrophic injury lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers to arrange a free consultation today.
We represent clients across South Florida, including in West Palm Beach, Deerfield Beach, and Broward County.
Our personal injury law firm in Boca Raton, FL also provides:
- Assault Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Burn Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Molestation Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Day Care Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Day Care Negligence Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Defective Toy Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Dog Bites Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Hip Replacement Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Parasailing Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Premises liability Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Scaffolding Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Scooter Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Slip and Fall Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Spinal Cord Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Taxi Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Train Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Watercraft Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Workplace Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL