Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers has nearly 30 years of experience representing accident victims in Boca Raton. If you would like to explore options and learn more about how we can help, call 561-347-7770 for a free consultation with a skilled Boca Raton pedestrian accident lawyer today.
If you or a loved one were hurt in a pedestrian accident near Boca Raton, FL, you might have the right to financial compensation. Don’t hesitate to contact us to start fighting for your rights.
Table of Contents
Why Should I Call a Personal Injury Attorney if I’m Hurt in Boca Raton?
A serious injury can dramatically change your life. It doesn’t take an expert to know that when a moving vehicle hits a pedestrian, the pedestrian is likely to be seriously hurt. While you’re dealing with the pain of an injury, you might also be worried about your medical bills and how to cover your expenses while you’re out of work.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, our Boca Raton personal injury attorneys have stood up to protect accident victims’ rights for decades. Personal injury law is all we do. We know how the legal system works here in Florida and have a track record of maximizing our clients’ compensation awards.
Our lawyers will level the playing field when insurance companies try to pay less than you deserve. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help because:
- You might not know what caused your accident–we can investigate to find out
- You might not know what your case is worth–we have the tools to accurately value your case
- We know how to fight back when the insurance company tries to blame you
- We consider the case from all the angles, so that we’re prepared to defend you against the insurance company’s scare tactics
We take an aggressive, client-centric approach to every case we take on. Other lawyers might take a cookie-cutter approach so that they can settle more cases. Not at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers Instead, we tailor our approach to the facts of your case.
To learn more about how our lawyers’ personal dedication to protecting your rights can maximize your compensation award, call our law offices today.
Boca Raton Pedestrian Accident Statistics
Nationwide, the National Center for Health Statistics estimated that 7,680 pedestrians died in traffic or non-traffic accidents in 2018. “Non-traffic accidents” include those that happened on private property, such as in someone’s driveway. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 6,283 of those deaths involved traffic accidents.
Florida happens to be one of the most dangerous states in the nation for pedestrians. In Palm Beach County alone, pedestrian fatalities increased by more than 10% in a single year. On average, more than 25% of all traffic fatalities in Palm Beach County happen because a motor vehicle hits a pedestrian or bicyclist.
According to the Palm Beach County study, things like median crossings, bus stop treatments and speed monitoring devices could all go a long way to prevent future pedestrian accidents.
What Causes Pedestrian Accidents in Boca Raton?
We all know how quickly an accident can happen when someone isn’t paying attention. In fact, many accidents happen so quickly that the victim isn’t immediately sure what caused it.
Careless driving tends to cause most pedestrian accidents. Careless drivers, however, often try to avoid blame by claiming the pedestrian darted into the road or “came out of nowhere”. That’s why it’s important to have someone experienced investigate your case.
Pedestrian accidents in Boca Raton are often caused by:
- Distracted driving
- Texting while driving
- Unsafe turns
- Unsafe passing
- Traffic violations, such as running a red light or stop sign
- Insufficient traffic signals and crosswalks
- Alcohol or drug use
- Aggressive driving
- Driver inattention, whether while turning, merging or backing up
Our lawyers visit the accident scene, examine police reports and speak with witnesses to find out what happened in your specific case. If helpful, we’ll even engage accident reconstruction specialists who can testify about what caused the accident.
That way, when we’re at the negotiating table, we have the facts to back up your claim for compensation.
Want to learn more? Our lawyers serve clients in Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Pompano Beach, Deerfield Beach and across South Florida.
You Deserve Fair Compensation For Your Pedestrian Accident Injuries
Pedestrians have no protection from the impact of an accident. Pedestrians may also have difficulty getting out of the way of a careless driver. Because so many car accidents are caused by distracted driving, you might already be hit before the driver even knows you’re there.
Our nearby lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, can help you get fair compensation for all of your pedestrian accident injuries, which often include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Serious lacerations and road rash
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death
Recovering from any one of these injuries can be an ordeal, both emotionally and physically. If you were seriously hurt or lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident, a lawyer can help. Call today to learn how we can put our experience to work for you.
Time Limits for Filing a Lawsuit in Boca Raton
Like auto accidents, some pedestrian accidents can be resolved with the insurance company. If the insurance company won’t negotiate in good faith, a personal injury lawsuit may be necessary to get the compensation you deserve. The Florida personal injury statute of limitations gives you two years to sue.
You may have more or less time depending on the facts.
Even if a lawsuit isn’t necessary, it’s important to get to work quickly so that evidence isn’t lost or destroyed. Our lawyers will work to make sure your claim is filed in a timely manner–so you can get the money you need as soon as possible.
Can I Recover Compensation if the Insurance Company Blames Me for the Accident?
Yes. Florida follows a modified comparative negligence rule. That means you can recover compensation if you’re partly to blame but not mostly to blame. If you are partially at fault, your damages will be reduced to account for your compensation.
Regardless, it’s important to remember that if the insurance company blames you, that doesn’t mean they’re right. Our lawyers comprehensively investigate your case to build a strong case for the maximum compensation possible.
Establishing Liability After a Boca Raton Pedestrian Accident
Florida is a no-fault insurance state–but many injured pedestrians don’t carry car insurance. You may be able to recover compensation from the at-fault party’s car insurance policy. In other words, if you’re hit by a negligent driver, their insurance company might have to pay.
Anyone who was careless and caused the accident can be held liable. That might include:
- An at-fault driver
- Bus drivers
- Transit companies
- Government agencies
- Employers of negligent drivers
- A careless bike rider
- The manufacturer of a defective product
Our attorneys put in the work needed to prove what caused your accident because we know how important the facts are when establishing liability. If you’re interested in learning more about how we can establish liability in your case, call our legal team today.
How Much Money is My Pedestrian Accident Claim Worth?
A number of factors go into determining the value of your claim. Those include, of course, the severity of the injury and how long it will take to fully recover.
Our personal injury attorneys at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, pride ourselves on doing everything we can to hold wrongdoers fully accountable for their actions. A fair compensation award should account for:
- Medical bills
- Future medical bills
- Physical therapy, rehab and any specialized care
- In-home care or home modifications
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress
- Property damage
- And more
Proving the value of your claim isn’t always simple. Serious injuries can take a long time to heal–and the impact might even be permanent. It’s important to include the anticipated future cost of care in your compensation demand. Otherwise, you could be on the hook for future expenses and have no way to get additional compensation.
Our lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, will work with doctors and financial experts to put a value on the overall cost of your injury. We can take the time to do this because we only take on the cases we have time to handle. That means you’ll always have your lawyer’s personal attention throughout the legal process.
Contact a Skilled Boca Raton Pedestrian Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation Today
Accident victims have enough to worry about without struggling financially. Let our experienced personal injury attorneys at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, take responsibility for getting the compensation you need after an accident. We’ve been doing this for years and have the resources and skill to help.
Ready to learn more about establishing an attorney client relationship? Contact an experienced Boca Raton pedestrian accident lawyer to schedule your free consultation today. We represent clients around the area of Boca and across South Florida, including Palm Beach Gardens, Coral Springs, and West Palm Beach.
Our personal injury law firm in Boca Raton, FL also provides:
- Assault Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Burn Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Molestation Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Day Care Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Day Care Negligence Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Defective Toy Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Dog Bites Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Hip Replacement Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Parasailing Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Premises liability Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Scaffolding Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Scooter Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Slip and Fall Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Spinal Cord Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Taxi Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Train Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Watercraft Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Workplace Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL