Were you injured in a bus accident in Boca Raton, FL? You may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Whether you were a passenger, pedestrian, or driving another vehicle, an experienced Boca Raton bus accident lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help you fight to secure the maximum compensation available.
We have more than 28 years of combined experience representing accident victims across South Florida. In that time, we’ve recovered tens of millions of dollars in compensation.
Table of Contents
How Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Bus Accident in Boca Raton, FL
Bus accidents have the potential to cause life-changing injuries. Anytime you’re hurt in an accident, you’ll probably turn to an insurance company for compensation. Most bus accident claims are much more complex than simply filing a claim with insurance.
Instead of focusing on recovering, you may be forced to spend your time dealing with the insurance company. Multiple parties may be liable. Each party may try to blame someone else for the crash.
Our Boca Raton personal injury attorneys can help cut through the red tape. Our founding attorney has been recognized by the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and as an Avvo Top Attorney with a perfect 10.0 rating.
Hiring Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers means gaining an advocate who will:
- Lead the investigation to find out what caused your accident
- Identify all responsible parties
- Calculate the fair value of your claim
- Stand up for you if the insurance company blames you for the accident
- Negotiate with the insurance company to recover the maximum compensation possible
Are you ready to learn more about how a Boca Raton personal injury lawyer can add value in your case? Call to discuss your options today.
How Common Are Bus Accidents in Boca Raton?
We trust school, city, and charter bus drivers to keep us safe and obey the traffic regulations. While most bus rides go without a hitch, accidents aren’t uncommon.
Nationwide, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reported that 85 school buses and 15 intercity transit buses were involved in fatal bus accidents in 2018. In total, 285 buses were involved in fatal crashes across the U.S. Over 27,000 people were injured.
In 2019, the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) reported 435 non-incapacitating injuries to commercial bus drivers and passengers. Another 66 people sustained incapacitating injuries that year.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of bus accident claims in Boca Raton, including those involving:
- Palm Tran buses
- School buses
- Private charter buses
- Bolt and Greyhound buses
- Broward County Transit buses
- Commuter buses
- And more
Unfortunately, many bus accidents involve school buses. If you or a family member were injured, you can count on our lawyers to fight for the fair compensation you deserve.
What is My Boca Raton Bus Accident Case Worth?
This is a question that most personal injury victims ask. Unfortunately, there’s no simple answer. The cost of past and future medical treatment is often a substantial part of any compensation award.
However, the value of your personal injury claim will depend on factors unique to your case.
Important questions to ask include:
- How severe was your injury?
- Will you suffer any permanent disability or impairment?
- How was your work and life impacted?
- How did the accident and injury impact your emotional wellbeing?
- What were your out-of-pocket costs?
Our lawyers can help you understand the value of your claim more fully. We can also defend you if the insurance company is trying to blame you for causing the accident. If you have questions, reach out to our team for a free consultation today.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Bus Accident Victims in Boca Raton?
You may be entitled to compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Anxiety, depression, and PTSD
- Loss of consortium
In rare cases, punitive damages may also be available to punish the defendant for willful or malicious conduct.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Bus Accident Injuries
Bus accidents often cause more serious injuries than typical car accidents, including:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Chest injuries
- Organ damage
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
- Catastrophic injuries
Did you lose a family member in a fatal bus accident in Boca Raton or Fort Lauderdale? Our attorneys can help you fight to recover damages for the wrongful death of a loved one.
What Causes Most Bus Accidents in Boca Raton, Florida?
Palm Tran operates the bus system in Palm Beach County. It provides bus connections throughout Boca Raton and the neighboring communities. These and other bus options typically offer a safe and convenient option for getting around town.
Bus drivers must obtain a special commercial driver’s license (CDL) to operate the vehicle in the state of Florida. However, that doesn’t make bus drivers immune from accidents. Like truck accidents, bus crashes can happen for many different reasons.
Common causes of bus accidents in Boca Raton include:
- Distracted driving
- Stopping in unsafe locations to drop off or pick up passengers
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Fatigued driving
- Inexperienced drivers
- Reckless or aggressive driving, including tailgating or weaving between lanes
- Dangerous turns
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Failure to regularly inspect and maintain the bus in safe condition
- Negligent hiring practices, including failure to screen and train qualified bus drivers
- Defective equipment or vehicle parts
Do you need help identifying the cause of a bus wreck? Our Boca Raton bus accident attorneys can lead the investigation to find out what caused your accident. Just give us a quick call to schedule a free case evaluation today.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Bus Accident in Florida?
To recover damages based on negligence, the victim must establish the following legal elements:
- A legal duty of care existed
- A breach of duty
- Causation, or that the breach directly caused the accident
- The damages you’ve suffered
Bus drivers are common carriers. Under Florida law, they have a heightened duty to drive carefully. At times, that can make it easier for injured bus passengers to recover damages after an accident.
Our lawyers will launch a thorough investigation into the accident to gather all relevant evidence, including:
- Video surveillance footage
- Dash cam footage
- Eyewitness testimony
- Police reports
- Toxicology reports
- Bus inspection and maintenance records
- Evidence about the bus driver’s qualifications and past safety record
- Medical records
Bus drivers aren’t always responsible for an accident. Often, third parties share the blame.
Who is Responsible for Paying My Damages After a Bus Accident?
Identifying the cause of an accident and locating the responsible parties often go hand-in-hand. Once you determine the cause, you should have the information needed to pinpoint all responsible parties.
In bus accident cases, things are slightly more complex. Often, the negligent acts of multiple parties will have contributed to the accident.
Responsible parties may include:
- The bus driver
- The driver of another motor vehicle
- The bus companies
- Government transit agencies
- Manufacturers of defective parts, who can be held strictly liable for product defects
- Maintenance companies
- Pedestrians or bicyclists
Anyone whose careless or reckless acts contributed to the accident can be held financially liable. If the accident occurred because of equipment or vehicle defects, the manufacturer may even be strictly liable for damages.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Bus Accident in Florida?
The Florida statute of limitations is a deadline that limits the amount of time you have to take legal action. Often, bus accident victims will have four years to file a personal injury lawsuit against the responsible parties.
You’ll have less time to take action if a government agency is responsible. Most victims have three years to provide notice of the injury to the county or municipality.
If you were hurt in a bus wreck in Boca Raton, don’t hesitate to get legal advice. Call Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers for a free case review today.
Contact a Boca Raton Bus Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Were you or a loved one injured in a bus accident? Getting fair compensation can be a challenge.
An experienced Boca Raton bus accident lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover the fair compensation you deserve. To learn more, please contact us for a free initial consultation today.
Our personal injury law firm in Boca Raton, FL also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Dog Bites Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Slip and Fall Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Workplace Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL