No parent wants to imagine a situation in which trusted child daycare workers might negligently endanger an innocent youngster or, worse, intentionally inflict physical, emotional or sexual pain. Yet those horrible events are reported in the news all too frequently.
At the Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, experienced daycare negligence lawyer Gregg Hollander and his staff understand that today’s economy makes it necessary for parents who can get jobs to work hard in order to support their families.
Whether you’re in a two-parent or single-parent household in Naples, West Palm Beach, Boca Raton or another South Florida community, our firm understands those challenges. We know that working outside the home often means that children must spend at least a portion of their days in a daycare facility.
You want to be assured that your loved ones are receiving responsible supervision from daycare staff who are well-trained and screened. Daycare injuries in Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach and Boca Raton must be handled by an experienced law firm.
The Hollander Law Firm’s nearly two decades of service to the people of South Florida includes strong advocacy on behalf of families and children. We know the heartache that parents and families experience when youngsters are injured or when their lives are ended because of accidents or injuries sustained under any circumstances.
Table of Contents
Statistics on Daycare Negligence
According to State of Florida figures, more than 1.1 million children under the age of five live in our state. For ages five through eleven, the figure is more than 1.5 million.
In 2010, DCF conducted 19,991 facility inspections and 6,286 home inspections. The agency reported 1,584 facility complaints and 184 home complaints in 2010. By June 30, DCF logged 1,593 facility complaints for 2011.
Sources: State of Florida Department of Children and Families.
Attorney Gregg Hollander and his staff recognize that such numbers mean that Florida kids may be at risk for injury in busy or crowded daycare facilities where staffing is inadequate to meet demand. We know that the Florida department of Children and Families is the agency responsible for licensing daycare centers and for receiving complaints about neglect or abuse that takes place in those facilities. In the first half of 2011 along, DCF reported that it conducted nearly 20,000 inspections of daycare facilities and that it investigated some 1,593 complaints.
Serving people in Boca Raton and beyond, daycare negligence attorney Gregg M. Hollander and the staff at the Hollander Law Firm know that neglect occurs when a caregiver fails to provide for a child’s needs. These can involve physical needs, such as food or water and shelter. Needs also refer to medical treatment if a child has been injured or becomes ill, and they include emotional needs as well.
Possible Signs of Neglect
In a daycare facility, negligence may pose a risk for children in a number of ways. Learning to recognize the signs of possible neglect or abuse is an important key in prevention and in early intervention.
Look for such signs as:
- Unexplained changes in your child’s behavior.
- Unusual mood shifts.
- Problems sleeping or eating.
- Regressive behaviors such as bed-wetting, separation anxiety, thumb sucking, or clinging.
- Expressions of anxiety or fear about going to day care.
- Daycare workers are not responsive to your child or his/her needs.
- Unexplained injuries that might indicate your child has not been properly supervised.
Contact Hollander Law Firm
If you believe that your child may be suffering because a daycare facility or its employees have been negligent, it’s important to take swift action. If you feel your child is in danger, contact police. You may also wish to speak with the director of your child’s daycare facility. When you need strong support for your child, residents of Naples, Boca Raton, and West Palm Beach know they can rely on the skills of Attorney Gregg Hollander and his staff. We have access to professionals in a variety of fields. We know how to investigate suspected instances of daycare negligence, and we know how to take action to protect your child’s rights.
Victims injured due to negligence by daycare employees or others, those hurt in automobile accidents or construction-site accidents, individuals harmed by medical malpractice or due to premises liability will find the personal attention and experienced legal representation they need at the Hollander Law Firm. Contact our Boca Raton personal injury office online or call (561) 347-7770 today and ask for your free, confidential consultation with a personal injury attorney in Boca Raton. We’re here to help.
Our personal injury law firm in Boca Raton, FL also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Dog Bites Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Slip and Fall Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Workplace Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL