Were you recently assaulted in Boca Raton, Florida? You could have a legitimate civil action against the person who attacked you. However, it can also be essential to seek damages from other parties with deeper pockets and a better ability to pay. The experienced Boca Raton assault injury lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers are here to help you maximize your financial recovery.
Benefit from an attorney with over 28 years of experience who has won millions of dollars on behalf of injury victims just like you.
Contact Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers to discover why you’ll want our award-winning trial attorney in your corner for this fight. We offer a free case evaluation and are always available to take your call at (561) 347-7770.
How Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers Can Help If You’re Assaulted in Boca Raton, FL
The person who assaulted you may be charged with a crime and could even be sent behind bars for the harm they’ve caused you. While this may provide a sense of justice, it won’t cover the cost of your medical treatment or make up for things like pain and suffering. That’s why the state of Florida gives you the right to file a personal injury lawsuit and seek damages.
However, while you may be entitled to compensation, the process of actually getting money in your hands can be a challenge. At the same time, you need to focus on recovering from your assault injuries and getting better. That’s where our Boca Raton personal injury lawyer can help.
For nearly three decades, Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers has been a passionate advocate for injury victims and grieving families throughout South Florida. We’ve gone up against tough defendants and well-funded insurance companies and won for our clients – time and time again.
We will work tirelessly to hold your attacker personally accountable, as well as anyone else who may have put you in harm’s way.
Our team will:
- Conduct an independent investigation into the assault
- Identify who, other than the person who attacked you, may be legally responsible for your injuries
- Gather medical records, police reports, witness statements, video footage, and other evidence that might be helpful as we build your claim
- Consult medical specialists, vocational rehabilitation experts, and other professionals
- Defend against claims that you provoked the assault or share responsibility for your injuries
- Negotiate with the defendant’s attorney, insurance companies, and any other involved parties
- Prepare your case for trial in the event that a settlement is not reached
You didn’t expect to get attacked and rack up medical bills. You didn’t expect to miss time at work and lose out on your income. We know the times are tough, which is why our Boca Raton personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. You only pay if we win your case – end of story.
Please give our law office in Boca Raton, Florida a call to arrange a time for a free, no-obligation case evaluation. We are always standing by to provide the guidance you need.
What Do I Have to Prove to Win an Assault Injury Case in Florida?
In Florida, assault is both a crime and a civil offense. This means that in addition to facing criminal charges, the person who assaulted you can be sued for the damage they have caused.
Unlike negligence, assault is an intentional tort. You will have to establish that another person threatened you or engaged in conduct that was intended to cause an imminent fear of harmful or offensive contact.
In other words, you were fearful for your safety or life because of another person’s intentional actions.
Assault might include someone:
- Raising their fist and threatening to hit you
- Throwing a glass bottle in your direction while making threats
- Pointing a gun at you in a threatening manner
All of these scenarios have one thing in common: you are not physically harmed. Instead, these situations could put you in a reasonable state of fear for your safety.
You don’t have to be physically injured to be the victim of an assault in Boca Raton. You just have to prove that someone intended to make you fearful for your safety and that they had the present ability to cause harm.
We Handle All Types of Assault Injury Cases in Boca Raton
Assaults can happen anywhere in Boca Raton. No matter the circumstances, our personal injury attorneys will be there to help you seek justice.
Our law firm represents clients in assault and battery injury cases involving:
- Bar fights
- Domestic disputes and domestic violence
- Sexual assault
- Other criminal incidents involving violence or threats of violence
Don’t underestimate the power of a civil assault injury lawsuit. It can help to offset the costs and suffering you experience while also helping to provide your own sense of personal justice for the attack.
Who Can Be Liable in a Civil Assault Case in Boca Raton, Florida?
Sometimes it’s not enough to file a lawsuit against the person who assaulted you. Even if you win your case, they may not have the resources to pay your damages in full. This can leave you with a victory, yet no money to speak of. Fortunately, there are other parties who could potentially be held legally accountable for the assault.
This is particularly true if you were injured in an assault on someone else’s property. Property owners generally have a duty to protect guests from harm, which can include reasonably foreseeable criminal attacks.
You could potentially have a claim against:
- Government agencies
- Schools and daycares
- Religious institutions and clergy
- Hospitals and medical facilities
- Nursing homes
You may also have a legitimate claim against your attacker’s employer if you were injured while they were on the clock.
It’s important to consider all potential paths to financial recovery. This can help to ensure that you walk away with every cent you need and deserve after your devastating assault.
What Damages Can I Get If I’m the Victim of Assault in Boca Raton, FL?
Victims of assault in Florida can generally seek two types of damages: compensatory and punitive.
- Present and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Nursing assistance
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Reduced quality of life
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Depression and anxiety
- Loss of consortium
Punitive damages are awarded for the sole purpose of punishing a defendant for their particularly reprehensible conduct.
You will have to have clear and convincing evidence that they acted with malice or gross negligence.
How Long Will I Have to File a Civil Assault Lawsuit in Florida?
You will have up to four years to file a personal injury lawsuit if you are the victim of an assault in Boca Raton, Florida. Once the statute of limitations expires, so does your opportunity to assert your rights and recover compensation.
Don’t let too much time go by without taking action. Contact our personal injury and wrongful death attorneys in South Florida to get started.
Assault Can Leave Victims Struggling With Severe, Life-Changing Injuries
If you are physically attacked, an assault can cause life-changing injuries, such as:
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Complete or partial amputation
- Burn injuries
- Lacerations and cuts
- Soft tissue damage
- Catastrophic injury
- Wrongful death
Always seek medical treatment as soon as possible after an assault in Boca Raton. Then don’t hesitate to contact our law office to discuss your legal rights and options.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Boca Raton Assault Injury Lawyer
Call Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers if you have recently been assaulted in Boca Raton, FL. You may have the right to recover compensation from your attacker and other negligent parties. Our experienced Boca Raton assault injury lawyer will help you fight for the maximum award available under Florida state law.
We have 28 years of experience and have won millions of dollars in life-changing settlements and verdicts for clients like you. Now it’s your turn to have our top-rated litigator fighting for you.
Our law firm offers a free consultation, so please give our legal team a call or reach out to us online to schedule a time for yours today.
Our personal injury law firm in Boca Raton, FL also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Burn Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Molestation Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Day Care Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Day Care Negligence Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Defective Toy Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Dog Bites Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Hip Replacement Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Parasailing Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Premises liability Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Scaffolding Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Scooter Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Slip and Fall Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Spinal Cord Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Taxi Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Train Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Watercraft Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Workplace Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL