Were you or a loved one injured in an electric scooter accident in Boca Raton, FL? E-scooter accidents are becoming increasingly common. You may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and more. An experienced Boca Raton electric scooter accident lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help you fight for the money you deserve.
We have over 28 years of experience in personal injury law. Since we opened our doors, we’ve recovered tens of millions of dollars for clients like you.
Recovering fair compensation isn’t always easy. To learn more about your legal rights, call our law offices in Boca Raton, Florida at (561) 347-7770 or contact us here to schedule a free consultation today.
Table of Contents
How Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers Can Help After an Electric Scooter Accident in Boca Raton
Bird, Lime, and other electric scooter companies have started popping up all over South Florida. Electric scooters can be a fun way to get around Boca Raton. They can also be extremely dangerous.
It’s important to take care of yourself if you were injured in an e-scooter accident. While you focus on recovering from your physical injuries, our Boca Raton personal injury lawyers will fight to protect your legal right to compensation.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we’ve been fighting to protect accident victims since we opened back in 1996.
Hiring us means you’ll have a lawyer to:
- Investigate and gather the proof to support your claim
- Calculate the value of your case
- Defend you if the insurance company blames you for the accident
- Negotiate a favorable settlement on your behalf
- Take your case to court if necessary to recover fair compensation
Our founding attorney has been recognized as an Avvo top attorney with a perfect-10 rating. Insurance companies recognize our name when they see it – and they’re much more likely to take your case seriously when they know our team is in your corner.
To learn more about an attorney-client relationship, call our Boca Raton personal injury attorneys today to schedule a free consultation.
How Common Are Electric Scooter Accidents in Boca Raton?
According to research from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, about 50,000 people visited the emergency room with e-scooter accident injuries between 2017 and 2019. At least 27 people were killed in electric scooter accidents.
Improved safety regulations may be coming, but those rules can’t prevent all accidents. If you were hurt in an electric scooter accident, reach out to Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers for help today. We can help you fight to recover the maximum compensation you deserve.
What is My Boca Raton Electric Scooter Accident Case Worth?
It’s never easy to put a price tag on an injury. Still, most accident victims want to know how much their personal injury case is worth before starting the legal process.
Every case is different. Your lawyer will have to carefully evaluate the facts and circumstances before attempting to estimate your case value.
Certain factors tend to be relevant in every case, including:
- The severity of your injuries
- Whether you’ll suffer any permanent or long-term disability
- The cost and nature of your medical treatment
- The duration of your recovery
- Whether the injury impacts your ability to work and earn a living
- Whether the injury diminishes your quality of life or opportunities in any way
- Whether you contributed to the accident
- The strength of your negligence case
Calculating the value of a personal injury claim can be difficult. Fortunately, our electric scooter accident attorneys have decades of experience. In that time, we’ve developed relationships with leading experts and specialists who can help with the more complex aspects of your case.
We’d be happy to use our experience and resources to your advantage. Contact us today to get started.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Electric Scooter Accident Victims in Florida?
Personal injury laws are designed to make victims whole again after an accident. In a successful personal injury case, you can receive compensation for both your economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are your financial costs, including:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Nursing care and in-home assistance
- Property damage
Non-economic damages are the personal, non-financial costs associated with an accident. Examples include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Inconvenience and stress
- Loss of consortium
Our lawyers want to help you recover the maximum compensation you deserve. To learn more about the types of damages that may be available in your case, call our law firm in Boca Raton for a free case review today.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for an Electric Scooter Accident in Florida?
Yes. Multiple parties can share fault for an accident – including the victim.
Under Florida’s pure comparative fault laws, you can recover damages as long as you weren’t entirely responsible for the accident. However, your compensation award will be reduced by the percentage of fault assigned to you.
Insurance companies know the shared fault rules inside and out. If they can prove that you were even partly responsible, they can reduce their own financial liability. On the other hand, the insurance company doesn’t always get it right. Sometimes allegations of shared fault aren’t fair.
Our experienced Boca Raton electric scooter accident attorneys can help minimize the impact of the shared fault rules if you’re being blamed for an accident. Give us a quick call today to learn more.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Electric Scooter Accident Injuries
Like bicyclists and pedestrians, e-scooter riders have very little protection in a crash. That means they risk sustaining the most severe injuries if they’re involved in a car accident.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we often represent electric scooter accident victims in Boca Raton and surrounding areas who have sustained:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
- Soft tissue damage
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Amputation injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
According to a recent study, 45% of all e-scooter accident victims sustain some type of head injury. Less than 1% of the victims were wearing a helmet. While a helmet can’t provide protection from all injuries, it can prevent many severe head injuries.
What Causes Most Electric Scooter Accidents in Boca Raton, Florida?
In the state of Florida, electric scooters are classified as motorcycles. That means e-scooter riders are subject to certain rules and regulations. For example, electric scooter drivers must be at least 16 years old and have a valid driver’s license.
Still, not all e-scooter riders are careful when operating the scooter. In fact, most electric scooter accidents occur because someone was careless.
Some of the most common causes of electric scooter accidents in Boca Raton include:
- Distracted driving
- Inexperienced drivers
- Reckless driving
- Riding double on the electric scooter
- Speeding and aggressive driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way to other motor vehicles
- Passing too closely to the e-scooter
- Dangerous turns
- Parking the electric scooter in unsafe locations where others might trip and fall
- Uneven pavement or cement
- Lack of dedicated infrastructure, such as bike lanes
- Riding the scooter in prohibited areas
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Defective e-scooters
- Problems with the e-scooter’s brakes or batteries
Regardless of the circumstances, it’s always essential to understand what caused your accident. Our lawyers in Boca Raton can help you determine what caused your accident and who was responsible. To get started, call for your free case evaluation today.
How Do I Prove Negligence After an Electric Scooter Accident in Florida?
Before you can recover compensation for your injuries, you have to identify the person responsible for the accident. In the typical personal injury case, that means proving that someone else was negligent.
To prove negligence, you have to establish:
- The responsible party’s legal duty of care
- A breach of duty
- The breach caused your accident
- You sustained damages in the accident
It’s also possible that your case could be based on strict liability. If the accident happened because of a defective e-scooter or part, the manufacturer can be held strictly liable for damages without proving negligence.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After an Electric Scooter Accident in Florida?
Under Florida state law, you have four years to file most personal injury lawsuits. The four-year clock starts running on the date of your accident. Once the statute of limitations expires, you forfeit your right to seek compensation.
Contact a Boca Raton Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Do you have questions about your legal rights after an electric scooter accident in Boca Raton, Florida? Call an experienced Boca Raton electric scooter accident lawyer today.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, your initial consultation is always free, so there’s no risk in getting the legal advice you deserve.
Our personal injury law firm in Boca Raton, FL also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Dog Bites Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Slip and Fall Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Workplace Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL