Have you been injured by a defective product in Boca Raton? You may be entitled to compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, and suffering. The Boca Raton product liability lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers are ready to help you fight to get all of the compensation you deserve. Call our attorneys at 561-347-7770 for help.
Our Boca Raton law offices are conveniently located in Palm Beach County, FL. Contact our personal injury office near you, we offer a free consultation to learn more about the rights of victims injured by defective consumer products.
Table of Contents
How Our Boca Raton Personal Injury Lawyers Help With Your Product Liability Case
Defective products shouldn’t make it into the hands of consumers like you. Unfortunately, many companies cut corners to save costs or simply don’t pay enough attention when it counts.
In turn, consumers end up getting hurt or killed. When that happens, Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers is here to help you make things right.
With over 28 years of experience, our Boca Raton personal injury lawyers are ready to help you get the compensation you deserve. We know just how tough it can be to go up against a deep-pocketed corporation, and we have the experience and resources you’ll need to walk away with just compensation.
Our clients enjoy:
- Full case management from beginning to end. We handle the communication with the insurance company or companies, any attorneys involved, and the courts. We keep in touch with our clients and keep them informed about the status of their case.
- Detailed case investigation. Product liability cases require thorough investigation and we conduct a full evaluation of each case we handle, down to the details.
- Case strategies informed by expert knowledge. We work with South Florida’s leading experts to prove product liability claims. If you don’t quite understand how your injury was caused, that’s ok. The job of an expert is to help explain the science involved in a product liability case.
- Robust defense when the at-fault party tries to pass the blame. We know the usual tactics of manufacturers and insurance companies and we protect our clients’ interests.
Our Boca Raton, FL, product liability lawyers have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our clients. Contact our law group today for your free case consultation.
What Kinds of Product Liability Claims Does Florida Recognize?
Manufacturers, distributors, and sellers of products have a duty to provide products free of defects that can harm someone. Product liability law relates to injuries caused by dangerous products.
Product liability claims in Florida fall into categories:
- Design defect
- Manufacturing defect, and
- Marketing defect.
A knowledgeable and reputable product liability lawyer will know the different elements of each of these categories. At the Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we help our clients understand the law that applies to their cases so they can be confident in how we handle their cases.
What is a Design Defect Under Florida’s Product Liability Law?
A design defect is an imperfection in the design of a product that makes the product unreasonably dangerous when used for its intended purpose. In design defect cases, the product is made to specifications.
However, since the design is flawed, every product created according to the design is flawed. All products that share a single design would have the same defect.
What is a Manufacturing Defect Under Florida’s Product Liability Law?
Manufacturing defects happen in one or some of a product, rather than all of the products of the same design. It happens when the product is being manufactured. Manufacturing defects are the result of a deviation from the product’s design.
Manufacturers have adopted quality control measures to attempt to prevent products with manufacturing defects from reaching consumers. Unfortunately, these systems are imperfect.
What is a Marketing Defect Under Florida’s Product Liability Law?
Marketing defects are flaws in the way a product is sold or marketed. These cases are also known as failure-to-warn cases.
The classic examples of marketing defects include missing or erroneous instructions, as well as insufficient warning labels. Instructions should be clear and concise and any potential risk of harm should be warned against on the product label.
Representing Clients in All South Florida Product Liability Matters
Since any type of product can have a defect in its design, manufacturing, or marketing, any type of product can form the basis of a product liability case. Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers handles all manner of product liability cases.
Some product liability cases include:
- Harmful medications
- Faulty surgery robots
- Defective hip implants
- Pesticides and household chemicals
- Tools and defective household appliances
- Defective children’s products
- Vehicles and vehicle safety equipment
- Defective nursery and baby products
- Dangerous chemicals in beauty products
- Defective guns and firearms
If you have been injured by a defective product, our experienced personal injury attorneys can help you prove your case and get the money you deserve.
What Damages Can I Recover in a Boca Raton Product Liability Case?
It’s important to understand what product liability lawyers mean when they talk about “the compensation you deserve.” This compensation, called damages, is meant to make an injured person whole again.
Of course, you may never truly be whole. Damages cover both financial losses (economic) and non-financial (non-economic) losses, which acknowledge that not all losses are monetary.
Some categories of economic damages that can be recovered in a product liability case include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Expenses for physical therapy, rehabilitation, or long-term care
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of quality of life
Some of these damages are easily quantifiable. There are financial transaction records for medical expenses, for example.
Other damages, especially non-economic ones, like pain and suffering or emotional distress, must be assigned a value. At the Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we work with respected experts to value our clients’ damages appropriately.
Once we have come to an appropriate calculation of damages, we work to negotiate the best possible settlement for our clients. If a settlement cannot be reached, we are always prepared to take your Boca Raton product liability case to court.
What Happens if The Manufacturer Tries to Blame Me For Getting Hurt?
In Florida, most product liability cases involve strict liability – not negligence. That means that a company is responsible for damage caused by defective products, regardless of the level of care that was exercised as the product was designed, built, and marketed.
As long as you are injured while using a product as intended or in a reasonably foreseeable way, the company can be financially responsible for your injuries and related costs.
If, however, you try to pursue damages on the grounds that the manufacturer or retailer was negligent, you may have to defend yourself against claims that you share responsibility. In that situation, Florida’s comparative negligence rules would apply, and your financial award would be reduced in direct proportion to your share of the blame.
Most often, claims of comparative negligence are asserted in manufacturing defect and failure-to-warn cases. Since the manufacturer believes their design was safe and warning labels reasonable, they argue that the injured party is responsible. Ordinarily, the injured party is accused of using the product in an unintended or unusually dangerous manner.
Hollander Law Firm will help you frame your case in a way that safeguards your ability to recover compensation.
How Long Do You Have to File a Product Liability Case in Florida?
Each state has a law that limits how long after an injury an injured party can sue. In Florida, an injured party must sue no later than four years after the injury occurs.
Failure to file your lawsuit by the end of the four-year deadline means you’ll lose your right to recover forever. Our Boca Raton product liability lawyers will get your case filed on time.
Although four years seems like a long time, product liability cases usually require one or more expert witnesses to establish a product’s defect. You should reach out to establish an attorney-client relationship as soon after your injury as possible.
Contact Our Boca Raton Product Liability Lawyers Today
When you have been injured, it is important to seek medical treatment first. After your initial evaluation and treatment, it is recommended to establish an attorney-client relationship as soon as possible. Our experienced Boca Raton product liability lawyers are ready to guide you through your case and get you the compensation you deserve. Call or complete our contact form today.
Our personal injury law firm in Boca Raton, FL also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Dog Bites Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Slip and Fall Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Workplace Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL