Did you suffer injuries in a car accident involving a recreational vehicle in Boca Raton, FL? You may be entitled to significant compensation. An experienced Boca Raton recreational vehicle accident lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help you fight for compensation to cover medical bills, lost wages, and your pain and suffering.
Our lawyers have over 28 years of experience in personal injury law. Since we founded our practice, we’ve helped injured clients recover tens of millions of dollars in compensation.
Table of Contents
How Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Recreational Vehicle Accident in Boca Raton
Dealing with an injury can lead to significant financial stress. Medical bills themselves can be overwhelming. When you can’t work during recovery, you might start to wonder how you’ll ever catch up.
An experienced Boca Raton personal injury attorney can help you seek compensation from all parties who caused your accident in the first place.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, our team has been fighting for accident victims since 1996. We’ve earned a perfect-10 Avvo rating for our efforts and have been recognized as a top attorney by Avvo. Most importantly, we know how insurance companies work and how to maximize your financial recovery.
You can count on our award-winning legal team to:
- Investigate the accident to determine causation
- Identify all responsible parties
- Assess your case value
- Work with leading experts and specialists throughout the legal process
- Stand up for you if you’re blamed for the accident
- Negotiate with the insurance company and defense lawyers on your behalf
Insurance companies recognize our name. That works to your advantage because they know we aren’t afraid to take your case to trial. To learn more about how our Boca Raton personal injury lawyers can use our skills to protect you, call for a free initial consultation today.
How Common Are Recreational Vehicle Accidents in South Florida?
A recreational vehicle, or RV, is a type of mobile living quarters. These living spaces are designed to be temporary and portable.
Some of the vehicles that are classified as recreational vehicles include:
- Motor homes
- Fifth-wheel trailers
- Pop-up campers
- Travel trailers
- Motor coaches
An RV can be mobile itself or may be towed by another type of vehicle. According to FEMA, recreational vehicles can be up to 400 square feet in size. Because they’re so much larger than traditional vehicles, injuries tend to be serious when an RV is involved in an accident.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 217 recreational vehicles were involved in fatal accidents across the U.S. in 2020. RVs became even more popular in the state of Florida during the COVID-19 pandemic. 8 fatal RV accidents were reported statewide in 2020.
Nationwide, about 75,000 recreational vehicle accident injuries were reported in a single year.
What is My Boca Raton Recreational Vehicle Accident Case Worth?
There is no exact formula for determining how much a personal injury case is worth. Our lawyers take a detail-oriented approach to valuing your case. That means we’ll examine and evaluate all of the specific facts of your case.
Some of the key factors to consider when assessing your case value include:
- The nature of the injuries
- Your potential for recovering fully
- The duration of your recovery and whether you can continue working
- The cost of your medical treatment
- Your need for future medical care, rehab, and medical assistance
- Whether you’ll ever return to work in the same capacity
- Your pain and suffering
- The circumstances of the accident
Our lawyers have the resources to build the strong case for compensation that you deserve. Contact Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers to learn more about the value of your personal injury claim today.
Many Types of Damages Are Available To Victims of Recreational Vehicle Accidents
Examples of the types of losses you may have suffered include:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages during your recovery
- Diminished future earning potential
- Property damage to your vehicle and other belongings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
Additional damages for wrongful death may be available if you lost a loved one. Those damages may include funeral costs, burial expenses, loss of financial support, loss of consortium, and more.
Can I Still Recover Damages If I’m Partly Responsible for a Recreational Vehicle Accident in Florida?
Even if you were partly responsible for the accident, you may still be entitled to compensation. If someone else also shares blame for the accident, they can be held liable under the modified comparative fault law in Florida.
Each party is held liable for their percentage of fault. If you were 20% responsible for causing your own injuries, you can take home 80% of your damages award. If you were mostly at fault (51% or more), you can’t recover compensation.
Our Boca Raton Recreational Vehicle Accident Attorneys Will Fight To Recover Compensation for All of Your Injuries
Recreational vehicle accidents can result in serious injuries. Passengers in the RV are likely to suffer more serious injuries if they’re not wearing seatbelts. Occupants in smaller passenger vehicles are also at risk because RVs are so large and heavy.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we have successfully represented clients who have suffered:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Facial injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Seeking quality legal advice quickly is important when it comes time to file a personal injury lawsuit. Our lawyers in Boca Raton are always available to discuss your case. Call or contact us for your free case review today.
What Causes Most Recreational Vehicle Accidents in Boca Raton, Florida?
Not all drivers are experienced in handling larger recreational vehicles. Most people don’t obtain a commercial driver’s license before operating an RV. Lack of experience can easily cause accidents.
Some of the most common causes of recreational vehicle accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to account for the RV’s longer stopping times and wide turns
- Speeding and other traffic violations
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Aggressive driving
- Passing too closely to other vehicles
- High winds, which can cause rollovers given the RV’s high center of gravity
- Fatigued drivers
- Overloading the vehicle with too much weight
- Failure to properly secure the trailer to the vehicle pulling it
- Failure to check blind spots
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Dangerous road conditions
- Passenger negligence, which can distract the RV driver
- Failure to maintain the RV in a safe condition
Do you need help determining what caused your accident? Contact our Boca Raton recreational vehicle accident attorneys today. Our lawyers offer a free consultation, so there’s no financial risk to you.
How Do I Prove Liability After a Recreational Vehicle Accident in Florida?
Like any motor vehicle accident claim, most RV accident cases are based on negligence.
Your lawyer will prove negligence by establishing four basic elements:
- The at-fault party owed you a legal duty of care
- They breached that duty
- The breach caused the RV accident
- You sustained damages
Proving these elements can be difficult, even if you think you know the cause of your accident. Don’t expect the RV driver to stand up and take responsibility.
Under Florida law, someone might be liable for your damages even if they weren’t present when the accident took place.
Examples of parties who may share blame include:
- RV manufacturers
- RV rental companies
- Mechanics responsible for maintaining rental RVs
- Employers of negligent parties
- Government agencies
Our car accident lawyers will search for evidence to prove your case while you recover. Eyewitness statements, police reports, video footage, and evidence from the crash scene can all be vital to proving you deserve compensation.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After a Recreational Vehicle Accident in Florida?
Under the statute of limitations in Florida, you have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit based on negligence. That two-year clock starts running on the day of the accident. Once two years are up, you no longer have the right to seek compensation. There could be exceptions that extend or reduce the amount of time you have to file a claim.
Two years will go by faster than you think. It’s also important to remember that evidence can disappear during that time. For that reason, it’s essential to consult an experienced attorney soon after the accident.
Contact a Boca Raton Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
If you or a family member were injured in an accident involving an RV in South Florida, our lawyers are here to help. Contact Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers to learn more. An experienced Boca Raton RV accident lawyer can help you recover the maximum compensation you deserve.
Our personal injury law firm in Boca Raton, FL also provides:
- Assault Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Burn Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Molestation Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Day Care Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Day Care Negligence Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Defective Toy Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Dog Bites Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Hip Replacement Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Parasailing Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Premises liability Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Scaffolding Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Scooter Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Slip and Fall Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Spinal Cord Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Taxi Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Train Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Watercraft Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Workplace Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL