Have you suffered an injury while working in Boca Raton, FL?
Contact our Boca Raton personal injury office to discuss your legal options. You may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits and/or damages through a third-party claim. Our Boca Raton workplace accident lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help you fight to maximize your financial recovery.
We know you probably have a lot of questions. That’s why we offer a free consultation to injury victims in Boca Raton.
Give our law office a call at (561) 347-7770 to schedule yours today.
Table of Contents
How Our Boca Raton Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help After Getting Injured On the Job
Nothing about getting hurt is easy. Injuries can be painful and debilitating. Often, these accidents prevent us from going back to work for a period of time. As medical bills add up, a sudden loss of income can make a tough situation a whole lot worse. Fortunately, injured workers in Florida are almost always covered by workers’ compensation insurance.
And, even though workers’ compensation means a lawsuit against your employer is likely out of the question, you may have legitimate claims against negligent third parties.
However, in order to successfully obtain all of the compensation you deserve, it’s important to enlist the help of an experienced Boca Raton injury attorney. Insurance companies will fight you tooth and nail – having a knowledgeable and skilled attorney in your corner can make a huge difference in how your case unfolds.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we have 28+ years of experience representing injured workers just like you. And, thanks to our savvy negotiating skills and tough, no-nonsense approach to litigation, we’ve obtained tens of millions of dollars on their behalf. Let us work hard to get those same results for you.
- Determine all potential avenues for a financial recovery
- Handle the complex and time-consuming administrative aspects of your claim
- Launch an investigation into the cause of your workplace accident to determine the cause
- Negotiate with insurance companies and/or liable parties on your behalf
- Provide legal advice and support to help you make the tough decisions – like whether to accept a settlement or pursue damages at trial
Our Boca Raton personal injury attorneys are here to help you get through this difficult time. To get started, just give our law firm a call to arrange a time to discuss your case. Your first evaluation is free.
How Common Are Workplace Accidents in Florida?
Across the nation, there were roughly 2.8 million non-fatal workplace injuries and illnesses reported in the private sector in 2018. About one-third of injured workers were forced to miss at least one day of work because their workplace injury was so severe. And, sadly, many of these accidents resulted in a worker’s death. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were 5,250 workplace fatalities that year.
How does Florida compare to the rest of the nation? Statistics indicate that 332 workers died in fatal workplace accidents in the state in 2018 – up from 299 the year before. That’s nearly one fatal workplace accident a day – and that data doesn’t even factor in public-sector accidents and deaths.
Representing All Injured Workers in Boca Raton, FL
All jobs carry risks. Anyone who works in Boca Raton – whether it’s on a construction site or in an office – can suffer an on-the-job injury. Granted, some jobs are more dangerous than others.
According to the BLS, the most dangerous jobs and industries in Florida include:
- Natural resources and mining
- Agriculture and fishing
- Transportation and utilities
- Freight trucking
- Leisure and hospitality
- Maintenance and building services
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, our workplace accident attorneys represent all injured laborers and workers in Boca Raton and surrounding areas. If you or a loved one have been hurt, give our law offices a call to find out how we might be able to help you secure the financial award you need and deserve.
Common Work-Related Injuries in Boca Raton
For nearly three decades, our personal injury law firm has helped workers pursue compensation to help them get back on their feet after getting hurt on the job.
We regularly represent clients who have sustained debilitating, painful, and catastrophic injuries, such as:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Crushing injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Illness related to chemical or toxic exposure
- Repetitive motion injury
- Soft tissue damage, including sprains and strains
- Eye injury
When a workplace accident is fatal, our attorneys are also here to provide support to the victim’s family members. While money will never fully compensate for such a tragic loss, it can help to ease the financial burden that many families feel. If someone you love has died on the job in Boca Raton, our team can help you pursue death benefits and/or damages through a wrongful death action.
Can I Sue My Employer If I Get Hurt at Work in Boca Raton?
Typically, the answer is no. That’s because most employers in the state of Florida are legally obligated to purchase and carry a workers’ compensation insurance policy. This is a no-fault system that allows workers to obtain benefits, regardless of why an accident happened or who is to blame. It shields employers from lawsuits and, in theory, expedites the process of getting cash into the hands of injured workers.
So, unless your employer was grossly negligent or their intentional conduct caused your accident – or they are one of the few exempt from workers’ compensation requirements under state law – you can’t file a lawsuit against them.
What Kind of Benefits Can I Get If I File a Workers’ Compensation Claim?
Florida’s workers’ compensation law allows eligible workers to seek compensation for the following:
- Medical benefits
- Lost wages
- Temporary total disability (TTD)
- Permanent total disability (PTD)
- Temporary partial disability (TPD)
- Permanent partial disability (PPD)
Family members can also potentially be eligible to receive death benefits of up to $150,000 if a workplace accident or illness is fatal.
Keep in mind, benefits are limited and subject to strict rules and guidelines. There’s a good chance that benefits obtained through a workers’ compensation insurance claim won’t cover the full cost and expenses of your accident. So, it can be beneficial to consider additional courses of action.
Filing a Third-Party Claim After a Workplace Accident in Boca Raton, Florida
Just because you may have waived your right to file a lawsuit against your employer doesn’t mean that you’ve forfeited your right to sue other parties. Under Florida law, anyone who contributes to your accident can potentially be held financially accountable for your injuries and suffering.
Our attorneys will coordinate an exhaustive investigation into your workplace accident to determine the cause. In turn, we can use that information to establish fault. If we identify a third party who caused your accident, we can file a lawsuit against them (or their insurance provider) and seek compensation on your behalf.
Liable parties might include:
- Property owners
- Business owners
- Product and equipment manufacturers
- Other motorists, if you were injured in a work-related truck accident or car accident
- Government agencies
- General contractors
Filing a third-party injury claim can allow you to recover compensation in addition to your workers’ compensation benefits. And, a civil lawsuit opens up the possibility of securing damages for:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of consortium, and
- Other non-economic awards.
Call Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, after your workplace accident in Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, Boynton Beach, or surrounding areas. We’ll help you seek all of the compensation you are entitled to under Florida state law.
You Have a Limited Time to Seek Compensation After Getting Hurt at Work in South Florida
Whether you decide to pursue workers’ compensation benefits or damages through a civil lawsuit, you’ll have a limited time to do so.
For workers’ compensation, you must notify your employer within 30 days of getting hurt. Then, you have, at most, two years to file a formal claim for benefits.
In most cases, you must file a civil personal injury lawsuit within two years of the date of your workplace accident. Wrongful death actions must be initiated within two years of a worker’s death.
While this might seem like a lot of time, it can fly by before you know it. And, there’s considerable value in getting a jump start on your claim now. Evidence can get lost and witness memories will fade. The sooner our lawyers can get started, the better.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Boca Raton Workplace Accident Lawyers
Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers will be here to help you fight for the compensation you deserve after an on-the-job injury in Palm Beach County. Call our Boca Raton workplace accident lawyers to learn more. Your first consultation with our law firm is always free, so call now.
Our personal injury law firm in Boca Raton, FL also provides:
- Assault Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Burn Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Molestation Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Day Care Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Day Care Negligence Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Defective Toy Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Dog Bites Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Hip Replacement Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Parasailing Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Premises liability Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Scaffolding Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Scooter Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Slip and Fall Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Spinal Cord Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Taxi Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Train Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Watercraft Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL