Have you or a loved one been hurt in a Boca Raton truck accident? At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, our experienced Boca Raton truck accident lawyers believe in giving each case the personal attention it deserves–so that our clients get the most compensation possible after an accident.
Our attorneys have over 28 years of experience and a proven track record of success in the courtrooms of Florida. We’ve recovered tens of millions for injured victims of motorcycle accidents, Boca Raton bus accidents, car accidents, Boca Raton pedestrian accidents, catastrophic injury claims, and more.
Table of Contents
You Deserve an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer Nearby Who Will Fight For You
After you’re hurt in a Boca Raton truck crash, the truck driver, trucking company or a third party might be responsible for paying you damages. Unfortunately, getting what you deserve is usually a challenge.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we know that you’re focused on recovering from your injuries. You deserve an experienced and dedicated truck accident attorney who will fight for you. We’ve already recovered millions for injured clients–and we know how the system works.
If you hire us, our Boca Raton personal injury attorneys will fight for you by:
- Getting the evidence needed to prove what caused your accident
- Identifying all potentially responsible parties
- Defending your rights when someone tries to blame you for the crash
- Working with experts and specialists to find out what your case is really worth
Helping you get back on your feet after a Boca Raton semi-truck accident is our priority. We’ll take on the hard work of negotiating with insurance companies and defense attorneys. That way, you can focus on your health and your family. If you’re ready to learn more, don’t hesitate–call our experienced Boca Raton truck accident lawyers for a free consultation.
How Common Are Boca Raton Truck Accidents?
Statistics show that crashes involving large trucks, buses, and other similarly-sized commercial vehicles are on the rise. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration nation-wide study, 4,657 fatal crashes involved large trucks in 2017–a10% increase from the prior year. 107,000 truck accidents caused serious injuries in 2017 (a 5% increase over the same period).
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles reported that there were 39 fatal truck accidents in Florida alone during 2018. Hundreds more suffered serious injuries in truck accidents across the state.
If you or a loved one suffered serious injuries or wrongful death after a Boca Raton truck accident, it’s never too soon to speak with an experienced truck accident attorney. Call Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, today to learn more about protecting your rights.
Common Causes of Boca Raton Truck Accidents
When you choose Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, to represent your interests, we’ll engage a team to find out what caused your big rig accident. Once we learn the root cause of the trucking accident, we can identify all parties who might be financially responsible.
Driver Fatigue and Distracted Driving
Florida law limits the amount of time truck drivers can spend behind the wheel, as follows:
- Truck drivers can only drive 12 hours after a consecutive 10 hours off duty
- After coming off a consecutive 10 hours off-duty, truck drivers cannot drive after the 16th “on duty” hour has passed
- Truck drivers are limited to 70 hours of “on duty” time in seven consecutive days, or 80 hours in eight consecutive days (34 consecutive hours off-duty marks the end of the seven/eight day window)
These rules are designed to keep others safe. Unfortunately, truck drivers often exceed those limits. After all, their paycheck depends upon getting cargo from one place to another–often within an unrealistic time frame set by profit-motivated trucking companies. That’s just how the trucking industry works.
Drivers often become fatigued and distracted when they spend too much time behind the wheel.
Truck drivers and trucking companies are required to inspect and maintain their trucks at regular intervals. Commercial trucks and 18-wheelers spend a lot of time on the roads. The wear and tear they suffer can create dangerous conditions if not properly maintained. Vehicle defects like worn tires and defective brakes can put everyone on the roads at risk.
Aggressive Driving and Speeding
We Handle All Types of Truck Accident Cases in the Area
Any type of large truck accident can cause serious, debilitating injuries. Our truck accident lawyers handle all types of truck accident cases, including:
- Rollover accidents
- T-bone accidents
- Jackknife accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Override accidents
- Underride accidents
- Cargo spills
Our Boca Raton big rig accident attorneys will investigate the circumstances surrounding your accident to find out what happened. We’ll work to hold all responsible parties liable for your injuries to the fullest extent of the law. To learn more about how we can help, give our experienced Boca Raton truck accident lawyers a call today.
Common South Florida Truck Accident Injuries
18-wheelers, semi-trucks, and tractor-trailers are massive and heavy. Often, they carry dangerous cargo that must be properly secured. Because of their size and weight, when they collide with a smaller passenger vehicle, the results can be catastrophic–and much more serious than a typical car accident.
Some common truck accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death
Our top rated Boca Raton truck accident lawyers can help fight to get the fair compensation you need for these and other serious injuries.
Who Can Be Held Liable for Compensation After a Boca Raton Truck Accident?
Boca Raton truck accidents can occur under a variety of circumstances. Anyone responsible for causing the accident can also be held financially liable. Potentially responsible parties include the truck driver, trucking company, and third parties who were negligent.
The Trucking Company
In most cases, the trucking company can be held responsible for the truck driver’s errors. In other words, if the truck driver caused the big rig accident, the company can be held responsible as the driver’s employer.
The truck company might be responsible for:
- Failing to properly inspect and maintain the truck
- Hiring unqualified drivers
- Failing to make sure the driver maintained a valid commercial driver’s license
- Hiring an unqualified company to load and secure the cargo
- Failing to properly supervise the truck driver
Our truck accident attorneys have the experience and resources to get to the bottom of what happened in your case. However, it’s important that you get help quickly. The trucking company will send investigators and attorneys to the scene of the accident immediately. You deserve a truck accident attorney who will do the same.
Our lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, are always ready to help, so call us today to discuss options in your case.
What if I Was Partly to Blame?
Insurance companies often try to blame the victim for their own injuries. Under Florida’s modified comparative negligence law, this doesn’t prevent you from recovering compensation — unless you were over 50% to blame for the truck collision.
If the insurance company can prove that you were 50% or less to blame, your compensation award can be reduced by your shared fault. For example, if you were found to be 20% at fault and were awarded $100,000, you would receive $80,000 (80% of your award).
Time is Limited: Call Today to Protect Your Rights
This is called the statute of limitations–and the clock begins to run as soon as the semi-truck accident happens. After the two years are up, you lose your right to compensation.
What is My Truck Accident Case Worth?
Assessing damages is different in every case. In general, the value of your truck accident claim depends upon how seriously you were hurt. If your injuries were serious or permanent, your compensation award should be higher.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we fight to get the most available compensation for our clients.
Available compensation may include money for:
- Medical bills
- Future medical treatment
- Physical therapy, rehab, and specialized care
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress
- Property damage
- And more
Our Boca Raton truck accident lawyers will work tirelessly to get fair compensation for both your current and future needs after an accident. To learn more, all you have to do is call for a free consultation.
Call to Speak With an Experienced Boca Raton Truck Accident Lawyer Today
The two-year statute of limitations period might seem like a long time. Realistically, however, it’s important to speak with a lawyer as soon as you can after an accident. You might even be contacted by insurance adjusters while you’re still in the hospital–and we’re here to help.
To learn more about how an experienced Boca Raton truck accident lawyer can help protect your rights, call our law firm for a free consultation today. There’s no obligation to hire us, so there’s no risk in calling. We serve clients in Boca Raton, Pompano Beach, and across South Florida.
Boca Raton Truck Accident Review
Our personal injury law firm in Boca Raton, FL also provides:
- Assault Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Burn Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Molestation Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Dog Bites Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Parasailing Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Premises liability Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Scaffolding Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Scooter Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Slip and Fall Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Spinal Cord Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Taxi Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Train Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Workplace Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL