Were you recently injured in a car accident near Boca Raton, FL? Has someone you love tragically died in a South Florida crash?
You may be entitled to compensation from those responsible. The experienced Boca Raton car accident lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, will be relentless in pursuit of a maximum financial award on your behalf. Contact our law office in Boca Raton or call us at (561) 347-7770 to arrange a time to sit down and discuss the details of your case with our founding attorney, Gregg Hollander.
This gives you the opportunity to learn about your rights and potential legal options for recovery after a car accident. Your first consultation with our Boca Raton car accident lawyers is free, so call to set an appointment now.
Table of Contents
How Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, Can Help After a Boca Raton Car Accident
There are no two ways about it – car accidents are stressful. When someone else is responsible – even partially – they should be held financially accountable. Bodily injury claims and lawsuits are time-consuming and challenging. You should be able to focus 100% of your time and energy on getting better – not fighting an insurance company.
That’s why it’s important to enlist the help of an experienced Boca Raton personal injury lawyer near you after you get hurt. Since 1996, the car accident lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, has been advocating on behalf of injured car accident victims in Boca Raton and surrounding areas – including West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and Lake Worth. We’ve gone up head-to-head with deep-pocketed insurance companies and won big for our clients.
Call our personal injury law firm in Boca Raton for help and we will:
- Provide you with the support and guidance you need during this tough time
- Handle all aspects of your auto accident case from start to finish, while providing candid communication throughout the process
- Launch a thorough and in-depth investigation into your crash
- Enlist the aid of local accident and injury experts, including forensic specialists, former law enforcement, accident reconstructionists, medical professionals, and more
- Scrutinize relevant evidence from all angles as we work to establish causation, fault, and liability
- Prepare a legal claim and pursue compensation from all parties who contributed to your accident
- Stand up and defend you if and when insurance companies attempt to blame you for your injuries
- Engage in meaningful negotiations with other parties and their insurance providers, working to secure a substantial offer on your behalf
If insurance companies don’t extend a fair offer or try to play games, our Boca Raton car accident lawyers will be fully prepared to take your case to the next level. Gregg Hollander’s reputation as a trial lawyer precedes him – and that can be quite advantageous to you during the negotiation process.
Call our Boca Raton personal injury law firm, and Gregg Hollander, to learn more. As always, there is no charge for your initial case evaluation.
Boca Raton, FL Car Accident Statistics
As the second-largest city in the Palm Beaches, it’s no surprise that traffic can be problematic (to say the least) in Boca Raton. Between year-round residents, snowbirds, and tourists, the roads often jam-packed. And, where there’s traffic, accidents follow.
Car accident statistics published by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles reveal that auto accidents are incredibly common in Boca Raton – and have been for years.
- 2012: 16,726 collisions
- 2013: 22,712 collisions
- 2014: 24,291 collisions
- 2015: 24,887 collisions
- 2016: 27,838 collisions
- 2017: 27,273 collisions
- 2018: 29,962 collisions
- 2019: 26,817 collisions
So, between 2012 and 2019, crashes in Boca Raton and Palm Beach County surged by a staggering 60 percent.
Fatal Auto Collisions in Boca Raton
A significant proportion of the accidents that unfold on Palm Beach County roads are quite severe. Between 2012 and 2019, there were a total of 1,285 Boca Raton car accident fatalities in the area.
That’s an average of 160.6 fatal crashes in Palm Beach County a year – nearly one fatality every other day.
During that same stretch of time, 122,069 people were injured. That breaks down to 15,258 injuries a year, or 41 a day.
Palm Beach County Car Crash Stats – 2020 Update
Thanks to the Coronavirus pandemic, Palm Beach County saw a slight decline in the number of auto collisions from the year prior. Overall, there were about 20% fewer collisions in Boca Raton and across Palm Beach County.
Car crash statistics for Palm Beach County published by the state reveal that, in 2020, there were:
- 21,427 collisions
- 164 fatal car accidents (resulting in 172 deaths), and
- 8,368 injury-causing crashes (leaving 12,459 people injured).
Notably, the number of auto accident fatalities near you remained static between 2019 and 2020, despite the 20% drop in total crashes.
Data also show that there were 363 motorcycle accidents (23 fatal), 359 bicycle accidents (10 fatal), and 467 pedestrian accidents (43 fatal) in Boca Raton and surrounding areas in Palm Beach County in 2020, too.
Who is Legally Responsible For My Boca Raton Car Accident and Injuries?
In Florida, you can demand compensation from anyone who contributed to a car accident or caused you to get hurt. This is true, regardless of how small a role they might have played.
That’s why our Boca Raton car accident attorneys near you, at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, will dig deep into the details of your case and leave no stone unturned during our investigation. Once we’ve discovered what caused your accident, we can then set our sights on determining who can be held legally accountable for the consequences. Depending on the specific circumstances of your case, that might include:
- Drivers of other passenger vehicles on the road
- Uber or Lyft drivers
- Truck drivers
- Trucking companies
- Bus drivers
- Government or private transit companies
- Car manufacturers or companies responsible for the sale of defective safety equipment
- Government agencies responsible for road design, construction, and maintenance
- Employers of at-fault parties
- Passengers, and
- Anyone whose negligence was a factor in your crash.
We’ll get to the bottom of what happened, determine who’s to blame, and fight tirelessly to hold them fully responsible for your injuries. Call our Boca Raton law offices to learn more.
We Represent Clients in All Types of Boca Raton Car Accident Cases
For more than 28 years, Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, has represented clients who have suffered devastating and life-changing injuries as a result of a auto accident in Boca Raton. As a result, we know the steps that must be taken to help you after a crash.
Call us for help after a:
- Single vehicle crash
- Multi-vehicle crash
- T-Bone accident
- Front-end collision
- Rear-end accident
- Hit and run accident
- Accident involving an uninsured or underinsured driver
- Car accident involving a truck, bicycle, or pedestrian
We’re always available when you need us. Just pick up the phone and our team will be there.
Commonly Reported Causes of Car Accidents in Boca Raton, Florida
Car accidents frequently occur in and around Boca Raton. Leading causes of these collisions include:
Speed is a factor in many car accidents in Boca Raton. Often, these collisions involve vehicles that are simply being driven too fast, which reduces the driver’s reaction time and stopping distance. However, a good number of car accidents in the city also include drivers who are traveling well below the posted speed limit.
These vehicles create unusual traffic patterns and often set the stage for crashes.
Distractions are a leading cause of car accidents everywhere. Boca Raton and nearby cities are no exception, even though texting and driving is now outlawed across the state. When a driver isn’t paying attention, the chances of a collision increase exponentially.
Drugs and alcohol factor into a lot of the serious auto accidents that take place in Boca Raton. In 2018, Palm Beach County reported a total of 323 drunk driving car accidents. Those accounted for 15 deaths and at least 169 injuries.
Tired drivers are almost as much of a threat to others as drunk drivers. If you’re tired, you’re much more likely to experience a reduction in your reaction times. You might even fall asleep at the wheel, giving you no time to react, at all.
When teenagers turn 16, they’re undoubtedly excited about getting their license and hitting the open road. Unfortunately, many of the accidents reported in nearby Palm Beach County and Boca Raton involve young, inexperienced drivers. In 2018, 3,634 car accidents involved drivers who were between the ages of 15 and 20. That’s nearly 10 crashes a day – and 13 percent of total collisions – that involve inexperienced motorists.
Aggressive Maneuvers at Intersections
Boca Raton is a busy city – bumper to bumper traffic isn’t unusual. Many drivers, tired of sitting in traffic, attempt to make up for lost time when there’s an opportunity to do so. At intersections, this usually means gunning it to beat a red or yellow light or making turns without looking for bicyclists or pedestrians in the crosswalk.
Hazardous Road Conditions
Roads have to be designed and maintained with diligence and care. Depending on the road, that’s up to the city of Boca Raton, Palm Beach County, or the state of Florida. However, sometimes road maintenance falls to the wayside, allowing potholes and other hazards to develop. When a road hazard causes a crash near you, the government can potentially be on the hook for the costs.
Poor Vehicle Maintenance
Owners have a responsibility to make sure that their vehicles are in proper and safe working condition. This is particularly important for trucking companies and transit agencies that have common carriers or big rigs out on the road. When an avoidable mechanical issue contributes to an accident, the owner might be liable for the resulting harm.
There are accidents that happen despite the fact that everyone personally involved exercised an appropriate degree of care. In some cases, those accidents are a result of a defective vehicle or piece of safety equipment – such as an airbag or brakes. Under state product liability laws, companies that manufacture or sell defective products can be liable for these types of accidents.
Proudly Representing All Car Accident Injury Victims in Boca Raton
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we take on cases where we believe that we can truly make a meaningful difference in the client’s life.
Our car accident attorneys in Boca Raton regularly fight to recover compensation for car accident victims whose injuries include:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Eye injuries
- Chest injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Shoulder injuries
- PTSD and emotional trauma
- Catastrophic injuries
Sadly, there are times when auto accidents in Boca Raton are so violent that victims don’t survive the extent of their injuries. When this is the case, we’re there to offer unfettered support to their families.
While filing a wrongful death lawsuit after a fatal Boca Raton car accident won’t bring a family member back, the money that’s recovered can make a difference that lasts a lifetime.
What are the Damages Available to Boca Raton Auto Accident Victims?
Economic damages are awarded to help cover the present and future costs that are associated with an avoidable accident. We’ll take a close look at how your accident has affected you financially and seek economic damages for:
- Medical bills
- Physical therapy
- Nursing care
- Lost income and wages
- Temporary and/or permanent disability
- Funeral and burial expenses
When you’re awarded economic damages, it should be as if the accident never happened, as far as your bank account is concerned.
Non-economic damages are awarded to make up for the ramifications of an accident that aren’t easy to value. These injuries don’t come with receipts nor do they have a singular value. These injuries are very personal, so the price tag often varies from one injury case to the next. Examples include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment or quality of life
Finally, punitive damages might be applicable if your car accident occurred because the defendant named in your lawsuit caused harm intentionally or whose conduct was grossly negligent. These types of damages are only intended to punish the defendant, not compensate the victim, so they’re traditionally reserved for situations where that is warranted.
You can count on our law firm in your area to fight to secure all of the compensation you deserve under Florida state law. We’ll bring in the help of experts so that we are certain that we know what your case is worth and have the evidence to back up our demands. Give us a call to get started today.
Do I Have a Limited Time to File a Car Accident Lawsuit in Florida?
For most car accident lawsuits in Florida, the statute of limitations is four years. There are though some exceptions to this rule.
The statute of limitations can be accelerated – most often when a government agency is involved. Other times, the timeframe can be extended. This is typically the case when a child is hurt or injuries aren’t evident right away. In any event, it is critically important to get a jump start on your case. Our law firm can help you do that. All you have to do is give us a call to get started.
If you decide to file a lawsuit and demand compensation from other parties, you must do so before time runs out. Miss the deadline, and you’ll forfeit the right to recover any compensation, at all.
The Insurance Company is Trying to Blame Me For an Accident – What Should I Do?
First, don’t panic. In Florida, you can still recover compensation for your injuries, even if you do share some of the blame for an accident. Someone else just has to share responsibility, too.
However, know that playing a role in an accident will affect how much money you’ll ultimately be able to take home when your case is resolved. That’s because Florida operates under a comparative fault system.
Fault is allocated and divided up between everyone who contributes to an accident. If you share blame, you’ll find that:
- Your damages are reduced by your proportionate responsibility, and
- You will be on the hook for a percentage of other victims’ damages.
Insurance companies really like to take advantage of the comparative negligence rules as they search for any reason to deny a claim or limit their liability. So, it’s a common tactic for adjusters to point fingers and try to blame victims for their own injuries.
Don’t let insurers push you around or withhold the compensation you rightfully deserve. Call Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, and let our experienced Boca Raton car accident attorneys fight for you. We’ll do everything in our power to disprove claims that you share blame or, at the very least, work to downplay your role. The smaller your share of responsibility, the higher your take-home award.
What are the Steps to Take After a Car Accident in Boca Raton?
After an accident, you should always remain at the scene, get medical attention, and call the police. Don’t admit any fault or responsibility and call your lawyer.
Our lawyers want you to know that the things you do and the decisions you make after an unexpected accident in Boca Raton matter. Remember to keep these things in mind after a crash:
- Remain at the Scene: If any property was damaged or someone was injured or killed, it’s a crime to drive away. Stay put, call the police, and wait for help to arrive.
- Get Medical Attention: There’s one big exception to the “stay at the scene” rule. If you need medical treatment because your injuries are catastrophic – go! Even if you aren’t in need of immediate medical care, be sure to make your way to the doctor or hospital as soon as you can. That’s the only way to ensure that your health is protected and that your injuries are documented properly.
- Call the Police: You want to be sure that your accident is formally documented. The best way to do that is by calling 911or the local precinct. An officer will conduct a preliminary assessment and complete an accident report. Should you decide to pursue damages, that report can be worth its weight in gold.
- Resist the Urge to Apologize: Don’t admit that you are responsible or accept blame. Resist the urge, even if you wholeheartedly believe it’s true. You only experienced the accident from one perspective. You really don’t have all of the facts. And, you won’t have all of the facts until your accident is investigated. Admitting fault right away might mean that an investigation never happens and that you never have the chance to recover the money you really deserve.
- Direct All Conversations to Your Lawyer: Insurance adjusters might try to contact you shortly after an accident. It might be to get a statement or it could be to extend a settlement offer. Either way, the best course of action involves directing them to your personal injury lawyer. Your lawyer is looking out for your best interests – the insurance company is not. So, let your attorney handle things from here on out.
Finally, make sure that you take the time to reach out to a Florida car accident attorney who has extensive experience handling car accident matters. Your lawyer will be able to help you position yourself to maximize your financial recovery.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Boca Raton Car Accident Lawyers Near You
You may be entitled to compensation if you’ve been involved in a motor vehicle accident in Boca Raton, Florida. The legal team at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, can help you fight to get every last dollar you deserve. Our Boca Raton car accident attorneys will handle your legal claim – you focus on getting better. It’s that simple. Give our law office in Boca Raton a call to get started with a free initial case evaluation now.
Boca Raton Car Accident Lawyer Review
Boca Raton Auto Repair Shops
- Auto Clinic of Boca – 21000 Boca Rio Rd, Boca Raton, FL 33433
- Boca Auto Service, LLC – 303 NW 1st Ave, Boca Raton, FL 33432
- Meineke Car Care Center – 23193 Sandalfoot Plaza Dr, Boca Raton, FL 33428
- Mobile Auto Repair – 22214 Bella Lago Dr, Boca Raton, FL 33433
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.