You are driving straight ahead when suddenly, you see another vehicle heading straight toward you. You try to swerve out of the way, but it’s too late. You hear crunching metal and feel sudden pain shooting through your spine.
While any motor vehicle accident can be frightening, head-on crashes in Boca Raton, Florida are often downright terrifying. They often result in serious injuries and involve a long recovery process and emotional scars that outlast the physical wounds.
If you were hurt in a head-on crash in Boca Raton, FL, the personal injury team at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers is here to help. Reach out today at (561) 347-7770 for a free case review to discuss your legal rights and options.
Table of Contents
How Our Boca Raton Car Accident Lawyers Can Help After a Head-On Crash?
Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers has been a pillar of the community since 1996, when we first started serving residents of Boca Raton and surrounding areas in Florida.
Today, we are a top-ranked personal injury law firm that has secured tens of millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. We believe that our empathy and unwavering dedication to our clients’ satisfaction are what have enabled our success.
When you hire us to take on your car accident case, we will:
- Thoroughly investigate the cause of the accident and identify all responsible parties
- Gather and compile evidence to establish the other driver’s negligence
- Review all applicable insurance policies and advise you of your options
- Handle communications on your behalf
- Answer any questions that arise during your case
- Advise you of updates on your case
- Negotiate for maximum compensation
Contact our Boca Raton law office today to take advantage of your free, no-obligation case consultation.
How Common Are Head-On Crashes In Boca Raton, FL?
According to the Insurance Information Institute, 3,631 fatal crashes in the United States in 2020 were head-on accidents, representing just over 10% of all fatal collisions. While head-on crashes are less likely to occur than other types of accidents, when they do occur, they are more likely to result in fatalities and serious injuries.
Why Do Head-On Collisions Occur?
Head-on crashes usually occur because a driver is unaware that they are driving the wrong way.
This may be due to various factors, such as:
- Impairment by drugs or medications
- Distracted driving
- Failing to follow traffic signals and signs
- Poor road design
- Unfamiliarity with the roads
Our Boca Raton car accident attorneys can conduct a thorough investigation into your accident and determine the factors that contributed to it.
Common Injuries from Head-On Crashes in Boca Raton, FL
Head-on crashes often cause serious injuries because the collision occurs at a force equal to the combined speed of both vehicles.
Some of the most common injuries from head-on collisions include:
- Fractures and broken bones
- Internal organ damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Wrongful death
An experienced car accident lawyer can help gather evidence to prove who is responsible for your injuries.
Who Is At Fault for a Head-On Crash in Florida?
Florida is a no-fault state for car insurance. When someone is involved in a Florida car accident, they must first turn to their own insurance company for coverage. All registered vehicles other than motorcycles must have Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage that pays for a certain amount of damages, regardless of who is at fault for an accident.
However, victims often suffer serious injuries in head-on car crashes that far exceed their PIP coverage. Under Florida law, an accident victim can pursue a third-party claim against the at-fault driver if they suffered a serious injury.
A serious injury is described as an injury that causes any of the following:
- Significant and permanent loss of an important bodily function
- Significant and permanent scarring or disfigurement
- Permanent injury within a reasonable degree of medical probability
If your injuries meet this threshold, you may be able to pursue maximum compensation for your injuries.
Possible Compensation After Head-On Collisions in Boca Raton, Florida
The first line of compensation that you may seek is through your PIP coverage. Florida requires the following minimum amounts of coverage:
- PIP – A minimum of $10,000, which covers 80% of all necessary and reasonable medical expenses, up to the policy limits, for a covered injury, regardless of fault.
Drivers are also required to maintain:
- Bodily Injury Liability (BIL) – If the vehicle is registered as a taxi, it must carry BIL coverage of $125,000 per person, $250,000 per occurrence, and $50,000 for PDL.
- Property Damage Liability (PDL) – Vehicles must have at least $10,000 in PDL to cover property damage their insured causes to others.
If you file a claim against a third party, you can seek compensation for:
- Medical expenses, including the other 20% not covered by your PIP or amounts in excess of your policy limits
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life
Our team will work tirelessly to help you obtain fair compensation for your claim.
Contact an Experienced Car Crash Lawyer in Boca Raton If You’ve Been Injured in a Head-On Crash
If you were injured in a head-on crash in Boca Raton, FL, Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers is here to help. Contact us today for your free consultation to learn more about your legal rights and options.