Seeing people make U-turns in Florida is a common sight. However, drivers who make U-turns do not always execute this procedure safely and might put others at risk.
If you were injured in a U-turn car accident in Boca Raton, Florida, the compassionate personal injury lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers want to help. Contact our law office today for a free case review to discuss your legal rights and options at (561) 347-7770.
Table of Contents
How Our Boca Raton Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You After a U-Turn Collision
Since 1996, empathy and compassion have driven the legal team at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers. We have secured tens of millions of dollars in awards and settlements for our clients.
We’re committed to helping accident victims throughout Boca Raton and surrounding areas recover the compensation they need to put their lives back together after serious accidents.
Some of the ways our Boca Raton car accident attorneys can help you with your claim include:
- Investigating whether the U-turn that caused your accident was executed legally and safely
- Gathering evidence to show how the other driver was at fault for the accident
- Reviewing all applicable insurance policies
- Making necessary insurance claims
- Handling communications on your behalf
- Negotiating for fair compensation
Let us be a source of comfort and guidance during this difficult time in your life. Contact our Boca Raton, FL law firm today for a free and confidential case consultation.
Florida’s U-Turn Law
Florida’s U-turn law states that drivers should not turn their vehicle to travel in the opposite direction unless they can do so safely and without interfering with other traffic, and a sign doesn’t prohibit such turns.
This means that for a U-turn to be legal, it must be completed:
- Where there is no sign that prohibits U-turns
- Without interfering with traffic or blocking lanes
- In a safe manner
Additionally, drivers who are executing a U-turn are the last to go and must yield the right-of-way to other drivers. Drivers must also maintain the lane they are in when they enter an intersection, so they cannot drift into another lane while executing a U-turn.
How To Make a Safe U-Turn
Even if a U-turn is executed in a technically legal manner, it can still be unsafe.
Here are the steps drivers should follow to make a safe U-turn:
- Avoid making U-turns if possible
- Look for any signs outlawing U-turns
- Do not execute a U-turn unless you can see oncoming traffic and see that it is clear
- Check that you have enough room to turn safely
- Yield the right-of-way to other drivers
- Do not block traffic or change lanes while executing the U-turn
An experienced Boca Raton car accident lawyer can investigate the U-turn accident in which you were injured and determine who is at fault for it.
How To Prove Fault in a U-Turn Car Accident in Florida
In most U-turn car accidents, the driver making the U-turn is at fault because they are supposed to follow the rules related to U-turns and yield the right-of-way. The execution of an illegal traffic maneuver can be evidence of negligence.
However, there are some situations where another driver may be found at fault for a U-turn collision. An investigation into the accident is usually necessary to establish liability. An experienced Boca Raton personal injury lawyer can collect evidence to help show fault in a U-turn accident.
This might include:
- The accident report and any traffic citations
- Photos or videos that show the U-turn was executed illegally or unsafely
- Reports from accident reconstruction experts that examine impact angles to determine what happened at the moment of the crash
- Statements from witnesses who observed the accident
We will work tirelessly to establish your right to fair compensation.
Potential Compensation You Can Recover After a U-Turn Accident in Boca Raton, FL
Injuries caused by U-turn accidents may be more severe because the impact is often to the side of the other vehicle, which tends to have fewer safety features than the front of vehicles. If you were seriously injured in a car accident, you might suffer substantial damages for which you deserve to be fairly compensated.
You may be able to recover money for:
- Medical expenses, including immediate medical treatment, follow-up visits, and future anticipated care
- Lost wages while you were recovering and seeking treatment for your injuries
- Lost earning capacity, if the accident left you permanently disabled
- Costs to repair or replace your damaged vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
A knowledgeable car accident lawyer in Boca Raton can investigate your claim and determine its potential value.
Contact an Experienced Boca Raton Car Wreck Lawyer
If you were injured in a U-turn accident in Boca Raton, FL, the experienced car accident lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers are here to help. Contact us today for a complimentary case review.