Left-turn accidents often occur at intersections and involve multiple parties in Boca Raton, FL, which can make the claims process confusing. The experienced car accident lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers are here to help protect your rights and fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact us online or call us at (561) 347-7770 to schedule a free case review with an experienced left-turn accident attorney in Boca Raton, Florida.
How Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Left-Turn Accident in Boca Raton, FL?
Since 1996, Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers has provided zealous legal representation to personal injury victims, recovering millions of dollars on behalf of our deserving clients. The founder of our firm, Attorney Greg Hollander, has been named a Top 25 Medical Malpractice Lawyer by Medical Malpractice Trial Lawyers Association and an Avvo Top Attorney – 10.0 Rating. These awards indicate his impressive level of skills and client commitment, traits that all of our team carries forward in every case.
Our Boca Raton car accident lawyers can help you seek the compensation you deserve after being hurt because of another driver’s negligence. We’ll conduct an internal investigation into the cause and extent of your damages, negotiate a settlement agreement on your behalf, and file a lawsuit if the circumstances demand, just to name a few of the ways our personal injury law firm can help. Reach out today for more information.
What Is the Law on Left Turns in Florida?
Florida law requires a driver of a vehicle turning left to yield the right-of-way to any vehicle approaching from the opposite direction that is close enough to be an immediate hazard.
Violating this traffic rule can result in a non-moving violation and liability in an accident. Drivers must yield the right-of-way to other vehicles if they are turning left into an intersection, alley, private road, or driveway.
How Common Are Left Turn Accidents in Boca Raton, FL?
Left turns make up approximately 53% of cross-path crashes, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Around 40% of police-reported motor vehicle accidents occur in an intersection, many of which occur when one driver is turning left.
Why Are Left-Turn Accidents Dangerous?
Left-turn accidents often result in serious injuries because they may occur at higher speeds. Also, they tend to result in an impact to the side of one of the vehicles, which tends to have fewer and less effective safety features, such as airbags.
Common Causes of Left-Turn Accidents in Boca Raton, Florida
Most left-turn accidents are caused because of driver-related negligence. Common causes of these accidents include:
- Fatigued driving
- Impaired driving
- Aggressive driving
- Misjudging the distance and speed of an approaching vehicle
- Unsafe lane changes
- Failing to yield the right-of-way
Our car accident lawyers can thoroughly investigate the factors that contributed to the crash and who is at fault.
Who Is Responsible for Left-Turn Accidents in Boca Raton, FL?
The driver who is turning left is often found at fault for a left-turn accident. This is because drivers who are turning must yield the right-of-way to approaching traffic. However, the other motorist may be partially or fully responsible in some situations, such as when:
- The vehicle turning left turns on a green arrow while the other vehicle is unlawfully in the intersection
- The oncoming vehicle ran a red light or stop sign
- The oncoming vehicle was speeding
- The oncoming vehicle was driving erratically due to drug or alcohol impairment, distraction, or fatigue
Evidence is needed to help determine who is at fault for an accident.
How To Determine Liability for Left-Turn Accidents in Florida
Even when there is a presumption that the left-turning driver is at fault for an accident, evidence is necessary to establish their liability. Evidence is crucial if the left-turning driver is to be found not at fault. Strong evidence may include:
- The position of damage to the vehicles
- The location where the collision occurred
- Video footage of the accident
- Photos of the accident scene
- Witness statements
- Accident reconstruction reports prepared by an expert witness
An experienced personal injury lawyer knows how to gather and preserve influential evidence in a car accident case. From there, they’ll work to establish the negligence of the at-fault party.
What To Do After a Left-Turn Accident in Boca Raton, Florida
If you are involved in a left-turn accident, take the following steps to protect your legal rights:
- Call 911 and report the accident and any injuries
- Seek prompt medical treatment for any injuries you suffered
- Ask for the other driver’s name, contact information, license information, vehicle description and registration information, and insurance information
- Take pictures of the accident scene, the damage to the vehicles
- Ask any witnesses for their names and contact information
- Keep track of any accident-related expenses or records, including medical bills, doctor’s notes, pay stubs, invoices, and receipts
- Record your daily symptoms and
Speak to an experienced car accident lawyer to learn about your legal rights and options following a left-turn accident. We offer a free case review so you can get the information you need without worrying about paying for the advice.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Car Accident Law Firm in Boca Raton
If you were involved in a left-turn accident in Boca Raton, Florida, call on Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers for help. We are ready to fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact us to schedule your free, no-obligation case review.