Lane change crashes in Boca Raton, FL, can cause serious injuries because they often occur at higher speeds. However, it can also be difficult to sort out who is responsible for this type of accident as it is difficult to pinpoint when each driver was in their respective lanes at any given point in time.
An experienced car accident lawyer can help you pursue financial compensation following an injury-causing accident. Call us now at (561) 347-7770 or contact us online to schedule a free case review with Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers.
Table of Contents
How Our Boca Raton Lane Change Crash Lawyers Can Help You
Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers has been zealously representing accident victims since our founding in 1996. We are committed to helping accident victims pursue justice and financial accountability after being injured by the negligence of others. Empathy and compassion drive us in every case.
When you retain our services, you can count on our Boca Raton car accident lawyers to:
- Investigate the accident and identify all the factors and parties that contributed to the accident
- Collect evidence to help establish fault
- Interview witnesses who saw the accident
- Consult with your medical providers to ensure you are receiving the care you need
- Account for the full extent of your damages
- Negotiate for a fair settlement of your claim
Contact us today in Boca Raton, Florida, to tell us your story. We will listen compassionately and explain how we can help you during this difficult time.
How Common Are Lane Change Crashes in Florida?
According to Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, 256 people died, 856 people sustained incapacitating injuries, 2,276 people sustained non-incapacitating injuries, and 4,196 people sustained possible injuries in accidents caused by a motorist failing to stay in the proper lane.
Lane Change Crash Overview
If you are considering filing a claim for a lane change crash, you should be aware of the following information.
What Is a Lane Change Crash?
A lane change crash occurs when at least one driver changes lanes and collides with another vehicle.
How Do Lane Change Crashes Occur?
Lane change crashes usually follow one of the following two scenarios:
- A driver leaves a lane and enters another lane without there being enough room
- A driver is merging into a new lane of travel
A Boca Raton car accident lawyer can help determine who is responsible for your lane change crash.
Who Is Liable for a Lane Change Crash in Boca Raton, FL?
According to Florida Statutes 316.085, a driver wanting to switch lanes must not change lanes unless the lane is clearly visible and free of oncoming traffic for a sufficient distance that they can make the maneuver without interfering with oncoming traffic. Therefore, lane change accidents are usually blamed on the driver who is changing lanes or merging.
An illegal lane change is a non-criminal moving offense. If the other driver was cited for an illegal lane change, this could help your civil case against them. However, a traffic citation is not the only evidence that can help establish fault in a lane change crash. Other helpful evidence may include:
- Statements from witnesses
- Physical damage to the vehicles
- Traffic camera footage
- Reports from accident reconstruction experts
A skilled car accident lawyer in Boca Raton can review the circumstances surrounding your accident and gather evidence to help you establish fault.
Compensation Available in Lane Change Accident Cases
Florida personal injury law allows accident victims to recover compensation for their losses, known as “damages.” Some of the types of damages you may be able to recover in a lane change accident include:
- Property damage – You can pursue compensation for the cost of repairing or replacing your damaged vehicle.
- Medical expenses – You may be able to recover compensation for the medical expenses you incurred because of the accident. This may include hospital bills, therapy expenses, medical equipment, diagnostic tests, surgical procedures, physical therapy, medication costs, and other medical costs.
- Lost income – You can recover compensation for the wages you lost while recovering from your injuries. If your injuries were so severe they impacted your career, you can also seek compensation for your diminished earning capacity.
- Loss of services – You can also seek compensation for lost support or services.
- Pain and suffering – Florida law allows you to seek compensation for pain and suffering and other non-economic damages you suffer. This could include payment for psychological injuries like Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, loss of consortium, and emotional distress.
In addition to the costs you have already incurred, you can also recover compensation for expenses you anticipate incurring in the future.
A trained lawyer knows the type of evidence that can help you establish your losses, such as bills, invoices, employment records, and financial records. They can help gather this evidence to support your claim.
Contact Us for Help Pursuing Financial Compensation in Your Lane Change Accident Case
If you were injured in a lane change crash, Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers is here to help. Our Boca Raton lane change crash lawyers can handle your claim while you focus on your recovery.