Were you injured in a collision with an uninsured driver? The Boca Raton car accident attorneys at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can assist you in pursuing compensation for your injuries.
Despite laws requiring auto insurance, accidents involving uninsured drivers are a common occurrence. These accidents create frustrating issues about who will compensate you for your injuries.
Table of Contents
How the Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers Can Help with Your Boca Raton Uninsured Motorist Claim?
Florida motorists must carry auto insurance that includes personal injury protection (PIP). Unfortunately, not all motorists comply. An already difficult situation can become even more complicated if you are involved in an accident with an uninsured driver.
Dealing with complex legal issues should not be your top priority, which is why having an experienced and skilled attorney by your side can make all the difference. We will handle all legal matters.
When you retain Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, you will be working with a well-respected law firm with a reputation for winning. We have a proven track record of helping clients recover significant financial awards.
In addition to recovering tens of millions for our clients, among the many honors received by our personal injury law firm are:
- Top 25 Medical Malpractice Lawyers by Medical Malpractice Trial Lawyers Association
- Avvo Top Attorney – 10.0 Rating
Our Boca Raton uninsured motorist claims lawyers believe that our clients deserve nothing less than first-rate legal representation, and we ensure they receive exactly that. You can trust that we’ll place you in the best position for success.
Contact our law offices in Boca Raton, FL, to schedule a free consultation. Our team will evaluate your situation and provide our initial recommendations for the next steps.
How Does the Uninsured Status of the Other Driver Affect You in Florida?
Florida is a no-fault state, which means that drivers must use their own insurance and personal injury protection (PIP) coverage to cover the costs of their injuries, regardless of who caused the accident.
In certain instances, however, you have the right to seek compensation from the other driver’s insurance company if that driver was at fault.
Among these instances are the following:
- Your medical expenses exceed your PIP coverage
- Your injuries are exceptionally severe as defined by the law
If the other driver was uninsured, you can use your uninsured motorist coverage to make up the difference.
What Is Uninsured Motorist Coverage?
Uninsured motorist insurance covers economic losses. Economic losses are financially-quantifiable losses, such as medical expenses, lost income, and rehabilitation.
In the event of severe injuries as defined by Florida law, however, non-economic losses such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of consortium are also covered.
The legal definition of serious injuries includes:
- Loss of a fetus
- Significant disfigurement
- Permanent amputation or disfigurement
- Any injury that prevents a person from performing daily tasks for at least 90 days
An experienced auto accident attorney with knowledge of insurance law can help you navigate the complexities of this situation. Too much is at stake for you to attempt to figure this out on your own.
Contact Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers to discuss your case and discover your full range of legal options.
What To Do Following a Crash Involving an Uninsured Driver in Boca Raton, Florida
Regardless of the insurance status of the other driver, all motor vehicle collisions should be handled with extreme caution. Do not permit the driver to persuade you not to record the accident due to their lack of insurance.
- Take photographs and/or videos of everything at the scene, including any injuries, property damage, road conditions, and surrounding debris.
- File a police report. At the scene, law enforcement should record the statements of witnesses. Collect this information for your own legal purposes.
- Seek medical care to safeguard your health and your legal rights. Some injuries may not manifest for days. It may be difficult to prove that these injuries were caused by the accident if you delay medical treatment.
- Notify your insurer immediately following an accident. Your policy may contain terms that are legally binding in the event of a collision with an uninsured motorist.
- Contact a personal injury attorney immediately after the accident. Accidents necessitate the assistance of a personal injury attorney, especially when dealing with an uninsured driver.
Our Boca Raton uninsured motorist claims lawyers can help you obtain the compensation you deserve after an accident beginning today.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation With a Trusted Car Crash Lawyer in Boca Raton
Regardless of the insurance coverage of the other driver, you are entitled to compensation for your injuries. Our Boca Raton uninsured motorist claims attorneys at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can assist you in fighting for the monetary compensation you need to recover and resume your life.
Call us to schedule a free consultation. Meet with our personal injury lawyers to learn what our firm can do for you.