Being involved in a car accident in Boca Raton, FL, is always a frustrating experience. However, it is even more distressing when the party responsible for the accident flees the scene, and you can’t hold them accountable. If you find yourself in this hit-and-run accident situation in Boca Raton, Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help.
Our elite legal team can investigate the case, try to uncover the at-fault party’s identity, and explain your insurance options. We provide a free, no-obligation consultation when you call us at (561) 347-7770 or contact us online.
Table of Contents
How the Boca Raton Car Accident Lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers Can Help?
Many clients throughout the area have turned to Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers for the following reasons:
- We have been in business for nearly 30 years and have developed a strong reputation in the legal community for our client representation
- We have recovered tens of millions of dollars on behalf of our deserving clients through settlements and favorable jury verdicts
- We have extensive experience with hit-and-run cases and can guide you compassionately throughout the claims process
- We are local and are right here in Boca Raton to meet whenever and wherever is the most convenient option for you
Contact us today in Boca Raton, Florida, to find out more about how our Boca Raton car accident lawyers can help you with your hit-and-run accident claim.
What Is a Hit and Run?
|Number of Crashes||Number of Serious Bodily Injuries||Number of Fatalities|
What Is the Law on Hit-and-Run Accidents in Florida?
Florida law requires all drivers who are involved in a motor vehicle crash that causes injury, death, or property damage to stop at the scene of the accident. They must render aid and provide the following information to any person injured in the accident or whose property was damaged:
- Registration number of the vehicle being driven
- Driver’s license (if asked)
The victim can also ask for the driver’s insurance information.
What Are Common Causes of Hit-and-Run Accidents?
Most hit-and-run accidents occur because the driver is committing a crime or knows that they caused the accident because of:
- Impaired driving
- Driving without insurance
- Fatigued driving
- Driving without a license
- Driving a stolen vehicle
- Committing a crime and fleeing from police
- Driving on a suspended or expired license
- Outstanding warrants against the driver
- Distracted driving
- Street racing
What Are the Penalties for Hit-and-Run Accidents in Florida?
Failing to stop after an accident that caused injury, death, or property damage is a misdemeanor offense in Florida, which can result in up to one year in imprisonment and a $1,000 fine. These are only the criminal penalties. The defendant may also be sued civilly and be ordered to pay compensation for the victim’s property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages.
What To Do If a Hit-and-Run Driver Injures You in Boca Raton, FL?
The moments after a hit-and-run accident can be confusing. However, taking the following actions can help protect your health and your legal claim against the reckless driver who fled the scene.
- Call 911 – Calling 911 is a critical step after any motor vehicle accident. This call will help you get a medical transport if you or your passengers were injured and also alert authorities to the hit-and-run crime.
- Provide information to law enforcement – Do not attempt to chase after the other vehicle after an accident. Wait for law enforcement to respond to the scene and give them as much information about the other driver and their vehicle as you can recall. Law enforcement may be able to track down the individual, which can help you hold them accountable for your injuries. Ask the law enforcement officer about how to obtain a copy of the accident report.
- Get medical treatment – Get prompt medical treatment so you can document your injuries and begin the healing process.
- Document the scene – If possible, take pictures of the accident scene, your injuries, and damage to the vehicles. This evidence may be able to show who was at fault for the accident. Ask any witnesses for their contact information so your hit-and-run accident lawyer can contact them later for their statements.
You should also contact a lawyer. A lawyer can help in the investigation to try to identify the hit-and-run driver, explain your options for recovering financial compensation after the accident, and advise you of your legal rights.
Contact a Boca Raton Car Crash Lawyer
Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers is ready to put our three decades of legal experience to use to help you with all aspects of your hit-and-run claim. Contact us today for your free case review and to begin your path to demand justice for the harm you’ve suffered.