Boca Raton, FL, and Palm Beach County have quite a few dangerous roads and intersections. Hundreds of car accidents occur at these intersections each year.
Our Boca Raton personal injury attorney handles all types of traffic accidents, including crashes at dangerous intersections. At Hollander Law Firm, we use our experience, skills, and resources to fight for top awards and settlements for our clients.
How Our Boca Raton Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You After an Intersection Accident
After a car accident in Boca Raton, Florida, it can be difficult to take the steps necessary to protect your best interests. At Hollander Law Firm, our Boca Raton personal injury lawyers handle all aspects of your motor vehicle accident claim. We take care of the legal matters so that you can focus on healing from your injuries.
When you hire our legal team, you can expect us to:
- Take care of all matters related to the accident investigation, including performing an independent investigation to gather evidence
- Identify all parties who may be legally responsible for your injuries and damages
- File insurance claims and negotiate for full compensation of all damages
- Aggressively pursue all legal causes of action to get you the most money possible for your injury claim
- Provide updates regarding the progress of your case
- Document your injuries and damages to maximize the value of your claim
- File a personal injury lawsuit and vigorously represent you at the trial
Our Boca Raton intersection accident lawyers are here to help you when you need a trusted legal advocate. Our law firm represents clients throughout Palm Beach County and Broward County.
Contact our law office to schedule your free consultation to discuss your accident case.
How Common Are Intersection Accidents?
Millions of accidents occur at intersections each year. Nationwide, over two million intersection accidents occur annually, accounting for about 40 percent of the total traffic accidents in the U.S. each year. Intersection crashes are some of the most common types of accidents in Florida.
In 2019, there were 312,317 crashes at intersections statewide. This total included 884 fatal accidents and over 35,000 injury accidents.
What Are The Most Dangerous Intersections or Roads in Boca Raton?
According to The Palm Beach Post, some of the most dangerous intersections throughout Palm Beach County include:
- Atlantic Avenue and Lyons Road in Delray Beach
- State Road 7 and Glades Road in Boca Raton
- Southern Boulevard and State Road 7 in Royal Palm Beach
- South Military Trail and Atlantic Avenue in Delray Beach
- Forest Hill Boulevard and Military Trail in Palm Springs
- Okeechobee Boulevard and North Military Trail in West Palm Beach
- Lake Worth Road and South Jog Road in Greenacres
- 45th Street and North Congress Avenue in West Palm Beach
- Congress Avenue and West Atlantic Avenue in Delray Beach
There were several more dangerous intersections in Palm Beach County, with at least 74 or more crashes reported during 2018.
What Are Common Causes of Intersection Accidents?
Driver mistakes, negligence, and errors are the most common causes of intersection accidents. Factors that can lead to auto accidents at intersections include:
- Congested traffic, especially during rush hour
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Following too closely
- Distracted driving, including texting while driving
- Fatigued or drowsy driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Confusing lane markers, traffic signs, or traffic signals
- Improperly or defectively designed intersections and roads
- Busy intersections around a shopping center
Regardless of the cause of the crash, intersection accidents can cause traumatic injuries to the passengers.
Head-on crashes and side-impact collisions can increase the risk of severe injuries.
Common Types of Injuries Caused by Intersection Accidents
The types of injuries sustained in intersection accidents depend on the type of collision, the vehicles involved, the vehicles’ speed, and other factors.
Common injuries caused by intersection accidents include:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Lacerations and disfigurement
- Neck and back injuries
- Amputations and loss of limb
- Spain cord injuries and paralysis
- Soft tissue injuries
If you are injured in a car accident, seek immediate medical care for your injuries. Delays in medical treatment could cause your injuries to worsen or become life-threatening. Your delay in seeking medical attention could also hurt your personal injury claim.
Who is Liable for an Intersection Accident?
The driver who caused the intersection accident is financially liable for damages caused by the crash. However, the victim must have sustained injuries that meet the serious injury threshold in Florida because Florida is a no-fault state for car crashes.
Florida’s no-fault system requires you to file an injury claim with your PIP insurance provider for reimbursement of medical bills and lost wages.
However, no-fault insurance may not cover all loss of income or medical expenses from a crash. You also do not receive compensation for your pain and suffering damages. If your injuries are serious, contact a Boca Raton car accident lawyer to discuss filing a claim against the at-fault driver.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Boca Raton Intersection Accident Lawyers
Get help with a car accident claim by contacting the Hollander Law Firm. Call now to schedule a free consultation with a Boca Raton intersection accident attorney.