Many burn injury victims in Boca Raton, FL face a long and hard road to recovery. If you were hurt in an accident that wasn’t your fault, an experienced Boca Raton burn injury lawyer can help. At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we’ll fight to recover every dollar you deserve for your medical bills, pain and suffering, and more.
Our legal team has been fighting for accident victims’ rights for nearly three decades–and we want you to know you don’t have to go through this alone.
If you suffered burn injuries, we’re here to help you get justice. Contact our law offices in Boca Raton, Florida online or call us at (561) 347-7770 to schedule a free consultation with a lawyer who can help.
Table of Contents
How Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers Can Help After Suffering a Burn Injury in Boca Raton, FL
Burn injury victims often struggle with ongoing medical treatment and extreme pain. It’s common for burn victims to be out of work for weeks or months while they receive treatment. If you were hurt, you need money to help cover these costs.
A time-consuming battle with the insurance company, on the other hand, is one thing you definitely don’t need. Fortunately, you don’t have to handle your injury claim alone. Our experienced personal injury lawyers in Boca Raton are here to help.
When you hire our catastrophic injury attorneys, expect us to invest our own resources to get the results you need.
That means your lawyers will:
- Launch a comprehensive investigation to find out who was responsible for your injuries
- Gather the evidence needed to back your claim
- Hire experts and specialists who can provide insight into hard-to-value damages
- Negotiate to recover the most compensation available
Our Boca Raton personal injury attorneys have more than 28 years of experience handling cases like yours. If you’re struggling with a painful burn injury, call us today. We’re always ready to listen to your story and explain your options.
How Common Are Burn Injuries?
According to Center for Disease Control (CDC) research, more than 1.1 million Americans require medical treatment for their burn injuries every year.
About 50,000 people are hospitalized annually because of these injuries. Sadly, about 10,000 people die from burn-related infections every year in the U.S.
In short, burn injuries are much more common than you might think.
Overview of Burn Injuries
Burn injuries can do much more than just damage the skin. Depending upon the type, severity, and area of skin impacted, you could be facing a long road to recovery. Some burns even damage the bones, muscles, and internal organs.
While many burn injuries are caused by exposure to flame, there are actually several different types of burn injuries that you might suffer. Each type of burn injury has its own distinct set of potential complications and consequences.
Representing All Burn Injury Victims in South Florida
We handle all types of burn injury cases at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, including:
- Electrical burns
- Chemical burns
- Thermal burns
- Radiation burns
- Cold burns
- Flash burns
If you suffered a burn injury and think someone else is to blame, reach out to our legal team today. We offer a free case evaluation so you can get the legal advice you deserve.
What are the Signs and Symptoms of Burn Injuries?
The signs and symptoms of a burn injury will vary depending upon the degree of the burn.
Burns are generally grouped into degrees, according to their severity, as follows:
First-degree burns are the least severe. A sunburn is one example of a first-degree burn. Your skin might turn red, but the burn usually won’t leave blisters or cause any lasting damage.
Second-degree burns can damage both the outer layer of skin and the dermis, which is the layer beneath. Superficial second-degree burns sometimes blister but don’t always leave a scar.
A deep partial-thickness burn may, however, change the color of the skin or leave a scar.
Third-degree burns, or full-thickness burns, damage the top two layers of skin. If you suffered a third-degree burn, you might not feel pain because this type of burn can cause nerve damage. Your skin might turn black, brown, yellow, or white, instead of red–and it might also look charred.
Fourth-degree burns can be life-threatening. This type of burn extends through the skin, into the muscles and bone. Fourth-degree burn victims often notice that the skin has a white, leathery appearance–and you may see exposed bone or tissue.
Again, fourth-degree burns usually are not very painful at first. That’s because of the nerve damage caused by the burn–and is actually a sign that you should seek immediate medical attention.
What are the Long-Term Consequences of Burn Injuries?
Burn injuries can result in serious long-term consequences and even catastrophic injuries.
Aside from the initial pain and suffering caused by the burn itself, victims often suffer:
- Organ damage
- Nerve damage
- Thickening of the skin
- Permanent disfigurement and scarring
- Soft tissue damage
- The need for ongoing cosmetic and reconstructive surgeries
- Painful skin grafting treatments
- Chronic pain
- Psychological damage, including PTSD and depression
- Wrongful death
Serious burns can shock the body, and prevent oxygen from getting to the organs–leading to potential organ failure and even death.
What Causes Burn Injuries?
Serious accidents sometimes cause a fire or explosion. In other cases, accident victims suffer a type of friction burn when they come into contact with the pavement or another surface.
Some of the most common causes of burn injuries in Boca Raton include:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Uber or Lyft accidents
- Boating accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Defective products
- Premises liability
- Chemical exposure
- Fires and explosions
These types of accidents usually happen because someone was careless. If someone else’s negligence caused your injury, give us a call at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers for a free consultation today.
What is My Burn Injury Case Worth?
Calculating the value of your burn injury case can be complicated on your own. The best way to find out what you deserve is to call an experienced burn injury attorney. We have the tools and resources to help determine the value of your specific case.
Generally, the value of your case depends on how serious the burn is. Relevant factors include:
- The type and extent of medical treatment required
- If and when you can return to work
- The general trauma of the accident
- How the burn will change your life
Insurance companies want to call the shots when it comes to telling you what your case is worth. Unfortunately, they don’t have your best interests in mind. In fact, they have an obligation to the insurance company–to do everything possible to pay less than the fair value of your case.
What Compensation Can I Recover for My Burn Injury in Boca?
They often include compensation for:
Non-economic damages are more difficult to calculate, but can be equally important. We often bring in experts and specialists who can testify about your intangible losses.
In a burn injury case, you might be entitled to non-economic damages for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Anxiety and depression
- Loss of your ability to enjoy life
- Loss of consortium
Your compensation can also be reduced if you’re partly to blame under Florida’s modified comparative fault laws. If the responsible party tries to blame you, you don’t lose your right to compensation entirely unless you are mostly at fault–but know that your award can be reduced to account for your share of fault.
Ready to learn more about how we’ll fight to maximize your compensation award? Call Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers to set up a free consultation today.
How Long Do I Have to File a Burn Injury Lawsuit in Florida?
Every state limits the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit to recover damages for negligence. In Florida, the statute of limitations gives you two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. You may have more or less time given the facts of your case.
It takes time to build a strong personal injury claim. Our lawyers will need time to locate evidence to support your insurance demand–and we might need to bring in medical experts and other specialists. The more time we have to prepare, the more likely it becomes that the insurance company will take your case seriously.
Contact a Boca Raton Burn Injury Lawyer for a Free Consultation
If you suffered a burn injury and it wasn’t your fault, know that you have legal rights. Whenever you’re ready to learn more, call an experienced Boca Raton burn injury lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers for help with your injury claim.
We offer a free consultation and are ready to sit down and help you understand your right to compensation. If you were hurt in Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, West Palm Beach, Delray Beach, or elsewhere in South Florida, don’t hesitate to give us a call for help.
Our personal injury law firm in Boca Raton, FL also provides:
- Assault Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Day Care Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Day Care Negligence Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Defective Toy Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Dog Bites Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Hip Replacement Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Parasailing Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Premises liability Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Scaffolding Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Scooter Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Slip and Fall Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Spinal Cord Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Taxi Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Train Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Watercraft Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Workplace Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL