If you were hurt in an Uber accident in Boca Raton, FL, you may be entitled to compensation. At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, our Boca Raton Uber accident lawyers help accident victims across South Florida recover fair compensation. Your first consultation with our lawyers is always free. Call 561-347-7770 today or contact our law office in Boca Raton online to schedule your consultation.
Whether you were a passenger, pedestrian or in another vehicle, rideshare insurance might cover the cost of your injuries. However, it can be more difficult than you think to get the money you deserve–even if it seems clear that the accident wasn’t your fault.
We’re proud to remain current in the laws governing rideshare accidents–and know how these cases work
Table of Contents
Why it’s Important to Call a Personal Injury Lawyer if You Were Hurt in an Uber Accident
Most people use Uber and rideshare services because they’re generally safe and cost-effective. Regardless of the precautions that ridesharing companies put into place, however, they cannot guarantee a completely safe experience. Accidents happen–and Uber drivers are human just like anyone else.
You only have one chance to get a fair compensation award from the insurance company. It’s important to have a skilled Boca Raton personal injury lawyer by your side because:
- You might not know what your case is worth. An established lawyer has the resources to engage experts that can make sure your claim is valued fairly.
- Insurance companies always try to pay less than you deserve–especially when Uber’s generous commercial policy is involved. You need someone who knows what you deserve and can fight for what’s right.
- Multiple parties might be responsible. In these cases, at-fault parties might start pointing fingers at other people. We’ll fight to hold everyone accountable for their fair share.
- If you weren’t the Uber passenger, the insurance company might try to blame you so that they can pay less. We know how to fight back against this common scare tactic.
Having someone who knows the ropes in your corner greatly increases your chances of getting a full and fair settlement.
Our Boca Raton personal injury lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers will personally handle every aspect of your case. We know the physical and emotional impact of an accident can be overwhelming. We want to make sure you don’t suffer financially, as well.
We’ll Handle the Insurance Complications in Your Uber Accident Case
A key issue in Uber accident cases involves determining the insurance coverage that’s available. Uber drivers have to carry personal car insurance like everyone else. When they’re driving for a profit and cause an accident, personal car insurance companies usually have a solid reason to deny the claim.
You might instead be entitled to coverage under Uber’s commercial policy. While the policy limits are more generous, that often means you’ll face even more resistance when filing a claim.
Our lawyers will take care of the back-and-forth with the insurance company so you don’t have to worry. If you’re ready to start exploring your options, call our law offices to arrange a free consultation today.
Common Causes of Uber Accidents in Boca Raton
Uber is an extremely convenient way to get around. Despite this, Uber drivers aren’t specially trained drivers. They don’t have to obtain a commercial driver’s license. In Boca Raton, your chances of being hurt in a car accident aren’t diminished because you’re in an Uber.
It makes sense that most of the common causes of Uber and Lyft accidents mirror those of typical car accidents. Uber accidents can be caused by:
In some cases, however, the risk of an Uber accident is magnified by the nature of the job. Uber drivers spend more time in their cars than other people. They’re also more likely to travel outside the community where they live. That’s why so many Uber accidents result from:
Our Uber accident attorneys will find out what caused your accident and fight to get the most compensation possible if you were hurt.
We’ll Fight to Get the Most Compensation for Your Uber Accident Injuries
Serious injuries can haunt you for years. Many car accident injuries are even permanent. It’s important to make sure you’re financially protected if you’ve suffered a serious injury. That’s where our personal injury attorneys can help.
We’ll fight to get the most compensation possible for your Uber or Lyft accident injuries. We handle all types of injury cases, including those that involve:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death
In a car accident, the Uber driver is treated just like any other driver. The rules for determining fault are the same. However, the insurance coverage requirements for Uber drivers are much different.
You want to make sure you have a lawyer who understands those rules. At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers we’re driven to get results for clients. We know the law and the legal system, so give us a call to see how we can help in your case.
Who Pays My Bills if the Uber Driver Caused the Accident?
Florida insurance laws require every driver to carry at least $10,000 in personal injury protection and $10,000 in property damage liability. Florida’s Uber insurance laws are different.
Most Uber drivers don’t carry commercial car insurance–and their personal insurance policies usually refuse to pay when the driver carries passengers for a profit. However, these drivers are still independent contractors. Historically, that meant that Uber often refused to pay. Fortunately, these laws have changed in recent years to provide coverage for passengers and other accident victims.
Uber insurance coverage depends upon what the driver was doing at the time of the accident, as follows:
Driver Accepted a Passenger
The Uber insurance coverage is especially generous when the driver has either accepted a passenger or currently has a passenger in the vehicle. If the driver has engaged a ride, Florida law requires a policy that provides $1 million worth of coverage for death, bodily injury, and property damage.
Driver Searching for a Passenger
If the driver has logged onto the Uber app but has not yet accepted a passenger, the insurance coverage requirements are as follows:
- $50,000 for death and bodily injury per person
- $100,000 for death and bodily injury per accident
- $25,000 for property damage
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
When you’re hurt in an accident involving another driver, you probably won’t know what that driver was doing at the time of the accident. If the Uber driver caused the accident, we can subpoena digital information to prove you’re entitled to these expanded insurance coverage benefits.
Uber App Turned Off
If the Uber driver’s app is turned off, the driver’s personal insurance coverage will apply. In other words, we can fight to get compensation like it was any other type of car accident.
You Only Have a Limited Time to Take Action
State laws impose time limits on taking any kind of legal action to recover compensation. These laws are called the statute of limitations. Florida law gives you two years to file a personal injury claim for damages if you were hurt in an Uber accident.
Once that two-year period is up, you lose your right to compensation.
Because of this, it’s especially important to call a lawyer right away if you were hurt in an Uber crash. Our lawyers will go to work quickly to preserve your right to compensation.
What Types of Damages Are Available if I Was Hurt in an Uber Accident?
Although the stakes are generally higher in Uber accident cases, Florida personal injury laws will still govern your case. A fair settlement may include money for:
- Medical bills
- Future medical treatment
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Lost wages
- Lost future earning potential
- Permanent disfigurement and scarring
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress
- Property damage
- And more
Under Florida modified comparative negligence laws, every person involved in the crash will be responsible for their proportionate share of damages.
It’s common for accident victims to feel uncertain about what to do after a crash. If you were hurt, call our lawyers for help today. We can help you understand your legal rights and explore options for moving forward.
Call Today For a Free Consultation with an Experienced Boca Raton Uber Accident Lawyer
If you were hurt in an Uber accident in South Florida, we know that you’re struggling. The last thing you need is a lawsuit against one of the largest corporations in the country. At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers we have the skills and resources to resolve your case as effectively as possible.
There’s no fee unless we win, so call our law offices today to schedule your free consultation with an experienced Boca Raton Uber accident lawyer. We serve clients in Boca Raton, West Palm Beach, and across South Florida.
Our personal injury law firm in Boca Raton, FL also provides:
- Assault Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Burn Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Molestation Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Day Care Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Day Care Negligence Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Defective Toy Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Dog Bites Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Hip Replacement Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Parasailing Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Premises liability Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Scaffolding Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Scooter Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Slip and Fall Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Spinal Cord Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Taxi Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Train Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Watercraft Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Workplace Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
Boca Raton Emergency Rooms
- MD Now Urgent Care – 7600 W Camino Real Suite #102, Boca Raton, FL 33433
- West Boca Medical Center Emergency Room – 21644 FL-7, Boca Raton, FL 33428
- Boca Raton Regional Hospital ER – 800 Meadows Rd, Boca Raton, FL 33486
Related Uber Accident Blog Posts:
What Our Clients Have To Say About Us
Read our Google reviews here.