Construction workers are all-too-familiar with the hazards of the job. While some might call the dangers of a construction site an occupational hazard, many construction accidents are entirely preventable.
If you were hurt on the job, you may be entitled to financial compensation. The experienced Boca Raton construction accident lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help you get the most compensation possible. We’ll help you explore every option to help you get money in your pocket–so that you can get back on your feet.
Table of Contents
How a Boca Raton Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help if You Were Hurt on the Job
If you were hurt in a construction site accident, you might be in for a long and painful recovery. Fortunately, you have several options available to help you get the compensation you deserve. Actually getting that money in your pocket can be challenging. At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, our Boca Raton personal injury lawyers have over 28 years of experience helping injured workers get what they need.
We explore every available option in your case. That might include:
- Workers’ compensation
- A third-party claim
- A lawsuit against a manufacturer of a dangerous product
- An action for wrongful death
Looking beyond the workers’ compensation system can give you access to additional compensation. Remember, workers’ compensation doesn’t pay for things like pain and suffering and your inconvenience. Our lawyers will make sure you get the most money possible to make up for your injuries.
When you choose our law firm, we will:
- Investigate to find out whether a third party’s negligence caused your accident
- Fight back if the workers’ compensation insurance company denies your claim or pays less than you deserve
- Negotiate with insurance companies and defense attorneys to maximize your settlement award
- Help you understand your options to make sure you don’t leave money on the table
Our experience means that we know how to best approach your case. Call our law offices today so that we can help determine the best course of action for you.
How Dangerous is the Construction Industry?
According to statistics published by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), one in five workplace deaths in 2018 were in the construction industry. That means 21.1% of all workers’ deaths were in construction. 58.6% of construction worker deaths can be attributed the “fatal four,” which are accidents involving:
- Being struck by an object
- Being caught in machinery or caught between objects
Eliminating these fatal four accident types would save hundreds of workers each year. Instead, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that there was a 39% increase in workers who were caught in running equipment and a 17% increase in workers struck by falling objects.
Construction injuries seem to be on the rise overall–BLS reports that three out of every 100 construction workers were injured in 2018. Florida is no different–construction is also the deadliest industry in the state.
We Handle All Boca Raton Construction Accident Cases
General conditions on a construction site greatly increase the chances of injury. Despite dangerous conditions, you don’t merely assume the risk–you deserve compensation when you’re hurt.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of construction accident cases, including those involving:
- Falling objects
- Building collapse
- Heavy machinery
- Crane accidents
- Caught-in machinery/equipment accidents
- Caught between accidents
- Gas explosions
- Electrical shock
- Industrial accidents
- Nail gun accidents
- Scaffolding falls
- Ladder accidents
- Welding accidents
- Cutting accidents
- Roofing accidents
- Car accidents
- Accidents involving defective/dangerous products
Many construction accidents are caused by the negligence of a contractor, property owner or someone responsible for job site safety. These parties often cut corners to maximize their own profits.
Don’t let them get away with it. Call our experienced construction accident attorneys in Boca Raton, FL for your free consultation today.
We’ll Fight to Get Fair Compensation For All of Your Injuries
Construction accidents often cause serious injuries. Most construction workers don’t have the option of returning to lighter-duty work. That means you need fair compensation to help you make ends meet while you’re out of work.
Our lawyers will help you get fair compensation for your construction accident injuries, which often include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Crush injuries
- Severe burns
- Broken bones
- Chronic injuries related to exposure to toxins, like asbestos
- Vision and hearing loss
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death
These injuries can put you out of work for an extended period of time. You might need extensive physical therapy, long-term care and even training in a new profession. Pursuing your right to compensation can be critical to protecting your future.
What Compensation is Available to Construction Accident Victims in Boca Raton, FL?
Construction accident victims can usually recover workers’ compensation benefits. Depending upon the facts, you might also be entitled to file a personal injury lawsuit. Our experienced personal injury attorneys at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers will help you explore all available options, including:
Employees in South Florida are usually eligible for workers’ compensation if they’re hurt on the job. Workers’ compensation provides:
- Comprehensive medical coverage
- Partial wage replacement benefits for temporary disability
- Permanent disability benefits
- Death benefits
Workers’ compensation benefits are often vital to helping injured workers get back on their feet. However, the available compensation is much more limited than in a personal injury lawsuit. If your injuries were serious, workers’ compensation might not offer enough to help you get by in the long run.
Third-Party Personal Injury Claims
A third-party claim is a personal injury lawsuit against someone who was negligent and caused your construction accident. The lawsuit can be based on personal injury laws, product liability laws or wrongful death if you lost your loved one in the accident. Like any other lawsuit, we generally file a claim with the relevant insurance company and try to negotiate a fair settlement.
If the insurance company refuses to deal fairly, we go to court and fight on your behalf.
When you file a personal injury lawsuit, you might be entitled to money for:
- Medical bills
- Future medical treatment
- Physical therapy and rehab
- Nursing care
- Your full lost wages
- Lost future earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Emotional distress and PTSD
- Property damage
- And more
Our lawyers make sure your claim is fairly valued from the start. We’re known throughout the community and have relationships with respected experts. We’ll work with those experts to estimate the full value of your claim and learn how your injury might impact your future.
Our primary goal is to get every dollar you deserve. Call us today to learn more about how we’ll work to do just that.
Who Pays My Compensation if I Was Hurt in a Construction Accident?
At the outset, our lawyers will work to identify all liable parties in your case. Your employer is responsible for providing workers’ compensation insurance coverage in Florida. In exchange, you give up the right to sue your employer for additional compensation.
However, the following third parties might be at least partly responsible for your accident:
- General contractors
- Property owners
- Equipment manufacturers
- Any other third-party non-employer
If a third party was partly to blame for your accident, we’ll find out. Our personal injury lawyers can obtain safety records and investigate the site to see if someone cut corners to maximize their own profit.
We’re familiar with both OSHA and Florida safety regulations. We know how to spot a violation that puts you in harm’s way. To learn more about how Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help, call our law firm for a free consultation today.
How Long Do I Have to File My Accident Claim in Florida?
Florida law gives you two years to file a personal injury claim for damages after most construction accidents. If you lost a loved one in the accident, you have two years to file an action for damages based on wrongful death.
However, it’s important to act much sooner. You have to report your injury to your employer within 30 days to preserve your right to workers’ compensation benefits. Failing to report the injury promptly can cause you to lose your right to benefits.
Most injured workers benefit from claiming workers’ compensation even if they intend to file a lawsuit for damages. If available, workers’ compensation benefits kick in much more quickly–and can help you get by while your lawyer investigates and negotiates a fair settlement.
Speak With a Respected Boca Raton Construction Accident Lawyer Today
Many workers fail to get the help they need after an accident. Relying on workers’ compensation is enough for some–but it might not give you all you need. Our Boca Raton construction accident lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers know the law. We’ll make sure you’re not taken advantage of while you recover from your injuries.
Time is always limited in these cases, but we can get to work right away. To discuss your case in more detail, call an experienced Boca Raton construction accident lawyer for a free consultation today. Our lawyers are serving Boca Raton, Florida, West Palm Beach, and the surrounding communities.
Our personal injury law firm in Boca Raton, FL also provides:
- Assault Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Burn Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Molestation Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Day Care Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Day Care Negligence Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Defective Toy Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Dog Bites Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Hip Replacement Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Parasailing Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Premises liability Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Scaffolding Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Scooter Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Slip and Fall Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Spinal Cord Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Taxi Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Train Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Watercraft Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Workplace Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL