When you spend tens of thousands of dollars to buy a car, truck, or motorcycle, you expect that the vehicle you are purchasing will be safely designed and properly manufactured.
However, the reality is that brake failures, tire blowouts, airbag and safety belt malfunctions, and other vehicle part defects are often to blame for serious and deadly crashes.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a motor vehicle accident caused by a vehicle defect, you may be entitled to collect financial compensation to cover your medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other damages.
These types of cases can be extraordinarily complex and are best handled by a skilled car defect lawyer who knows how to get the maximum amount of compensation available under the law.
Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers is a well-established personal injury law firm in Boca Raton, committed to helping people recover the money they deserve when they have been seriously injured in all types of motor vehicle collisions, including accidents caused by defective automobiles and vehicle parts.
Based in Boca Raton, Florida with convenient office locations in West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale, our law firm has the knowledge and resources to help you obtain fair compensation and justice for your losses.
Call (561) 347-7770 or contact our law office online to schedule your free consultation.
Table of Contents
Common Types of Motor Vehicle Defects
While automobile and motor vehicle parts manufacturers are required to meet strict safety standards, these standards cannot guarantee that all vehicles operating on our highways are safely designed and free from dangerous defects.
There are many different types of vehicle defects that can endanger drivers and passengers, with some of the most common defects including:
- Brake failures. Whether you are driving a car, SUV, truck, or motorcycle your brake system is one of the most critical components of your vehicle. If your brakes fail to operate correctly when you are driving, the consequences can be deadly. Although brake failures are most often due to manufacturing defects, they can also be caused by a mechanic’s negligence when servicing the vehicle.
- Tire blowouts and defective treads. When you are driving on the highway a tire blowout can lead to a serious accident often involving multiple vehicles. When defective treads or any other type of dangerous tire defects result in an accident, tire manufacturers need to be held accountable.
- Faulty Air Bags. While airbags are designed to protect us should a crash occur, a vehicle’s airbag system can cause serious injuries and fatalities when manufacturers install faulty airbags. For instance, defective Takata airbags which were installed in automobiles from 19 different car manufacturers have deployed explosively causing injuries and even death. According to reports from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) the massive Takata airbag recall currently involves approximately 46 million defective airbags and is expected to reach 65-70 million airbags by end of 2019.
- Seatbelt malfunctions. When seat belts fail to function properly, poor design and/or faulty manufacturing is most often the cause. Seat belt malfunctions, including latching and webbing defects, are more common than we would like to think and can result in very serious injuries, including internal bleeding, spinal cord damage, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injuries.
Contact a Boca Raton Motor Vehicle Defect Attorney at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers
If you have been hurt in a serious accident in Boca Raton or another area of South Florida that was caused by a vehicle defect, you need to speak with a car defect lawyer today. These types of cases tend to involve complex issues that need to be handled by qualified legal counsel.
With over 25 years of experience representing accident victims, Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers understands the law and knows how to stand up to the powerful car manufacturers and dealers who are responsible for your injuries.
Contact our law firm today for a free consultation today!
Other Car Accident Cases We Cover
- Drowsy driving
- Tailgating accidents
- Vehicle rollover accidents
- Parking lot accidents
- Whiplash injuries