Were you or a loved one injured in a taxi accident in Boca Raton, FL? An experienced Boca Raton taxi accident lawyer can help you fight to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and even your pain and suffering.
Our team at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help you maximize your compensation award. We have over 28 years of experience handling personal injury cases–and we’ve recovered tens of millions of dollars on behalf of accident victims in South Florida.
Taxi accident claims can be more difficult than typical car accident cases. Call our law offices in Boca Raton, Florida at (561) 347-7770 to schedule a free consultation with our skilled team today, or contact us here.
Table of Contents
How Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers Help After a Taxi Accident in Boca Raton
Most taxi accidents are entirely preventable. When you’re hurt because someone else was careless or reckless, you deserve to be compensated. However, when a taxi is involved, that’s rarely easy.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers we’re here to fight for every dollar you deserve. We have almost three decades of experience handling personal injury cases. We know how a serious accident can change your life in unanticipated ways. We’ll use that experience to force the taxi driver’s insurance company to take you seriously.
Hiring our Boca Raton personal injury lawyers means you’ll have an advocate to:
- Handle all paperwork and administrative issues while you recover
- Calculate the fair value of your case
- Demand fair compensation from all responsible parties
- Hire experts and specialists as needed
- Negotiate with the insurance company to maximize your settlement
We’ve successfully recovered tens of millions of dollars on behalf of our injured clients over the years. Our success has earned us recognition by the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and as an Avvo Top Attorney with a perfect “10.0” rating, to name just a few.
Our accident attorneys fight hard for our clients–and we demand justice. Call for a free consultation today to learn more about how an experienced Boca Raton personal injury attorney can help you get the money you deserve.
What is My Boca Raton Taxi Accident Case Worth?
Filing an insurance claim can be tough–and when lawsuits happen, they only add to the stress. Taxi accident claims can be particularly complex because multiple parties are often involved. It’s important to know how much your personal injury case is worth before you get started.
Multiple factors will impact the value of your case, especially if your injuries were severe. Some of the most important considerations include:
- The cost of your medical treatment
- Your need for future medical care or ongoing rehabilitation
- Your lost wages and income
- Whether your injury will impact your ability to earn a living in the future
- The overall pain and trauma of the experience
In most cases, your damages will be paid by an insurance company. The available personal injury protection insurance coverage can also influence the value of your case.
Our lawyers in Boca Raton can handle the difficult job of calculating the fair value of your case–including putting a price tag on your pain and suffering. Just give us a call to schedule your free case review today.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Taxi Accident Victims?
When someone else is at fault for an accident, injury victims can seek compensation from the responsible party. That compensation is called “damages.” In Florida, taxi cab accident victims can recover compensation to cover their economic damages and non-economic damages.
Examples of your economic damages include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Property damage
Non-economic damages are much more subjective. Examples of your non-economic damages may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
The insurance company will probably try to downplay the extent of your damages. Our lawyers can help you fight for what’s fair. We strongly recommend calling our Boca Raton taxi accident attorneys for a free case evaluation.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Taxi Accident in Florida?
Contributory fault can be an issue if you were hurt in a cab accident. After all, taxi accidents can happen in a variety of ways. Unless you were the taxi passenger, it’s possible that you could be blamed for causing the accident.
However, you won’t lose your right to compensation unless you are mostly at fault.
In the state of Florida, allegations of comparative fault can be used to reduce your compensation award. If the insurance company can prove you share blame, your damages award can be reduced in proportion to your share of fault.
If you’re being blamed for an accident, you need a skilled lawyer by your side. Otherwise, you risk losing part (or all) of your settlement. Our lawyers have been fighting insurance companies for decades. We’d be happy to put our experience to work in your case.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Taxi Accident Injuries
Taxi accident injuries can be serious. It’s common for passengers to forget their seatbelts when they’re riding in the back seat. Even while sitting in the back seat, these unrestrained passengers often suffer the most in a crash.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers we handle all types of taxi accident injury claims, including those involving:
- Whiplash injuries
- Broken bones
- Chest injuries
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Back injuries
- Internal injuries
- Knee trauma
- Amputation injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Whether you were a taxi passenger, driving another vehicle, or injured by a cab while riding your bike, you deserve to be fairly compensated. Call our legal team today to start fighting to protect your rights.
What Causes Most Taxi Accidents in Boca Raton, Florida?
Cab drivers spend a lot of time behind the wheel. Driving is their job, after all. That doesn’t necessarily mean that all taxi drivers are safe–and taxi drivers in Florida aren’t required to obtain a special license. In reality, many taxi cab accidents happen because of the driver’s amount of time behind the wheel.
Some of the top causes of motor vehicle accidents involving taxis in Boca Raton include:
- Distracted driving
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Driver fatigue
- Stopping in unsafe locations
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Unsafe passing
- Illegal lane changes
- Dangerous turns
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Hazardous road conditions
- Poor visibility
- Defective vehicles or vehicle components
Sometimes taxi accidents occur because the driver or taxi company failed to maintain the vehicle in safe condition. Bald tires, worn brakes, and other maintenance issues can increase the risk of accidents and injury.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Taxi Accident in Florida?
Negligence is the legal concept behind most personal injury cases. Someone is negligent when they fail to exercise reasonable caution, and someone else is hurt because of it.
To successfully recover damages for negligence, the victim must establish:
- The at-fault party’s legal duty of care
- A breach of duty
Under Florida law, cab drivers are common carriers who owe a heightened duty of care to others on the roads.
When taxi drivers are negligent and cause accidents, the victim may have a claim for damages against the driver, the cab company or other third parties. Unlike Uber or Lyft drivers, taxi drivers are often classified as employees. Their employers can be held liable for their negligent acts.
Our lawyers can help you find out who is ultimately responsible for your damages. Examples of responsible parties may include:
- Taxi companies
- Third-party drivers
- Maintenance companies
- Bicyclists and pedestrians
- Government transportation agencies
- Manufacturers of defective vehicle parts
- Employers of negligent parties
Our lawyers know how to locate the evidence you’ll need to convince the insurance company who was liable. That evidence may include police reports, toxicology results, maintenance records, video surveillance footage, and more.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Taxi Accident in Florida?
Timing is important if you’ve been injured in a taxi wreck. The Florida statute of limitations in personal injury cases is two years. You’ll generally have two years from the date of your accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. However, there could be exceptions depending on the facts.
Take legal action today by calling Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers for a free initial consultation.
Contact a Boca Raton Taxi Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers we’re always available to discuss your case if you were hurt in Lake Worth, West Palm Beach, or Boca Raton. We offer free consultations so you can get the quality legal advice you deserve without worrying about upfront costs. All you have to do is call and schedule your free consultation with a Boca Raton taxi accident lawyer today.
Our personal injury law firm in Boca Raton, FL also provides:
- Assault Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Burn Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Molestation Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Day Care Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Day Care Negligence Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Defective Toy Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Dog Bites Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Hip Replacement Injury Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Parasailing Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Premises liability Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Scaffolding Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Scooter Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Slip and Fall Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Spinal Cord Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Train Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Watercraft Accident Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Workplace Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL