If your child was injured at a daycare center in Boca Raton, FL, Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, wants to help. Our Boca Raton daycare injury lawyers handle all cases involving daycare injuries. We have been working with clients throughout South Florida since 1996, and we’ve recovered millions of dollars on their behalf.
Table of Contents
How Our Boca Raton Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help if Your Child Sustained a Daycare Injury
For over 25 years, the legal team at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, has helped individuals and families recover the compensation they deserve after sustaining a personal injury. We have recovered multi-million dollar awards for our clients.
Our personal injury attorneys in Boca Raton are passionate about fighting for the rights of accident victims. When you hire our legal team, you can expect us to:
- Complete a comprehensive investigation to gather evidence to prove fault and liability
- Handle all aspects of your personal injury case so you can focus on healing and your family
- Provide trusted legal advice and analysis of your case, together with support and guidance during each phase of your case
- Identify the parties liable for your injury and all insurance companies that provide coverage for the file
- File all necessary documents with insurance companies and the court
- Aggressively negotiate a settlement for your injury claim
We genuinely care about what happened to your child and your family. Our personal injury lawyers in Boca Raton, Florida, won’t stop working until we exhaust every legal avenue to obtain justice for you and your child.
Contact us today to schedule your free consultation with one of our personal injury attorneys. Our law firm is available 24/7 for your convenience.
How Common Are Daycare Injuries?
Working parents need to trust that their children are safe while they are at work. They diligently search for a daycare facility in West Palm Beach or Boca Raton, FL with a good reputation and great reviews. However, daycare accidents can happen at the best daycares.
According to the Florida Department of Children and Families, there were three deaths and nine serious injuries in childcare programs for the 2019-2020 fiscal year. The injuries and deaths were due to child abuse. There were 82 substantiated child abuse reports during that period.
The numbers were higher during the previous two periods, with deaths as high as five for 2017-2018 and 24 serious injuries for 2018-2019.
However, most of the injuries and deaths in daycares are not due to abuse. Most daycare injuries and accidents are due to negligence.
Overview of Daycare Injury and Accidents
Parents worry about daycare injuries and accidents. Even with the best supervision, a child can sustain an injury. Children are energetic and curious, which can lead them to take chances. While some daycare accidents could not be prevented, the accidents and injuries that could be prevented can be the subject of a personal injury claim.
What Are Common Causes of Daycare Injuries?
Multiple factors could lead to a child’s injury or wrongful death in a daycare facility.
Daycare accident and injuries happen because of:
- Inadequate training of daycare workers
- Negligent supervision of children
- Inadequate staff members for the number of children
- Defective playground equipment or children’s toys
- Failure to maintain and inspect the premises for hazards and dangers
- Lack of childproofing at daycare centers
- Slippery surfaces or damaged flooring can cause slip and fall accidents
- Failing to conduct background checks on employees to detect complaints and sexual abuse or child abuse allegations
- Improper food handling
- Lack of proper cleaning methods
- Car accidents while transporting children
- Broken toys or equipment
The above list is not exhaustive. There could be other factors that played a role in your child’s daycare injury. Our personal injury lawyers investigate the case until we discover the truth about what happened to your child.
Common Types of Injuries Caused by Daycare Accidents
Daycare injuries can range from minor scrapes and bumps to traumatic injuries and life-threatening conditions.
Some of the common types of injuries in daycare settings include:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Head and brain injuries
- Lacerations and bruising
- Sprains and strains
- Soft tissue injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Wrongful death
The first priority is to seek medical treatment for your child’s injuries. Prompt medical care is best for your child’s health, and it also documents the injuries for a personal injury claim.
Who is Liable for a Daycare Injury?
Most daycare accidents and injuries are based on negligence claims.
To prove negligence, you must have evidence of:
- A duty of care
- Breach of the duty of care
The daycare has a duty of care to provide a safe environment and supervised care for your child. A breach of that duty occurs when the facility or a daycare worker fails to provide adequate care because of negligence or wrongdoing.
Causation is the link between the breach and your child’s injury. For example, a broken toy cuts your child and he needed stitches. Damages in injury cases in Florida include medical bills, scarring, physical pain, and other financial and emotional consequences of the breach of duty and the injury.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Boca Raton Daycare Injury Lawyers
Holding a daycare and the persons responsible for your child’s injury can result in compensation for you and your child. However, it can also prevent another child from suffering an injury by shedding light on the daycare’s negligence.
Call Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, today to schedule a free consultation with a Boca Raton daycare injury lawyer. We want to help you see the parties who caused your child’s injury held accountable for their actions.
Our personal injury law firm in Boca Raton, FL also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Dog Bites Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Slip and Fall Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Workplace Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL