Were you injured in an accident caused by a motor vehicle defect in Boca Raton, Florida? If so, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost earnings, and suffering.
Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help you hold the at-fault parties liable for your damages. Our legal team has over 28 years of experience helping accident victims in South Florida get the compensation they need to recover and move on.
Contact our law office to speak with an experienced Boca Raton motor vehicle defects lawyer about your accident. We offer a free initial consultation, so call at (561) 347-7770 or contact us online anytime to schedule your appointment.
Table of Contents
How Our Boca Raton Product Liability Lawyers Can Help After an Accident Caused By a Motor Vehicle Defect
Car accidents are usually caused by an at-fault driver’s negligence. However, in a collision caused by a motor vehicle defect, the product manufacturer or seller may be liable under product liability laws. These cases are much more complex than typical car accident claims due to the parties and technical aspects involved.
That’s why you need an experienced Boca Raton product liability lawyer on your side. If you hire Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, you’ll benefit from an attorney who has recovered tens of millions of dollars for victims just like you. We know how to take on corporations and insurance companies to get optimal results for our clients.
Hiring us means you’ll get a legal advocate who will:
- Investigate the automobile defect that caused your accident and determine all parties who may share liability
- Consult leading technical experts to value your product liability case, understand how or why it happened, and determine whether it could’ve been prevented
- Negotiate with opposing parties and fight victim-blaming techniques, such as claiming you didn’t use the motor vehicle or car part as intended
- Handle your product liability claim from start to finish and keep you aware of everything that’s going on
- Take your case to court if we cannot negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf
Don’t try to take on a defective product case on your own. Get an award-winning attorney on your side by contacting our Boca Raton, FL law firm today.
What Types of Motor Vehicle Defects Cause Accidents?
You may not have thought about it before, but a vehicle is a complex machine with many subsystems and components working together to get you to your destination. Accordingly, many different things can go wrong to cause a collision.
Some common motor vehicle defects that cause crashes include:
- Engine malfunctions
- Airbags that fail to deploy
- Faulty seat belts, such as a broken latch
- Problems with the brakes
- Defective tires
- Misaligned suspension that affects your steering
- Defective fuel systems that cause leaks after a wreck
- Electrical system failures
- Windshield wipers that don’t work properly
- Door latch failures
- Headlight or tail light malfunctions
- Design flaws
- And much more
Our Boca Raton product liability attorneys will work to determine the defect that caused your collision.
What Compensation Can I Recover From a Defective Motor Vehicle Accident Claim in Boca Raton, FL?
Boca Raton accident victims can seek economic and non-economic damages in a defective motor vehicle accident claim.
Economic damages are financial losses caused by the crash, including:
- Medical expenses (past and future)
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Out-of-pocket costs, such as medications and transportation costs
Non-economic damages are personal and difficult to quantify, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Permanent disability or impairment
- Lost enjoyment of life
Punitive damages are sometimes awarded in product liability cases, especially if the defendant knew of the danger but failed to warn consumers of the risks. These damages punish defendants for grossly negligent or intentional behavior.
Accidents Involving Motor Vehicle Defects Can Cause Severe Injuries
Our Boca Raton personal injury lawyers have helped victims who have suffered all types of injuries after devastating car accidents, such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries, including concussions
- Spinal cord injuries
- Nerve damage
- Crushing injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal organ damage
- Neck injuries, including whiplash
- Back injuries
- Face and eye injuries
- Amputation injuries
- Chest injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Wrongful death
- And more
While you focus on recovering, let our product liability lawyers in Boca Raton handle your claim for damages.
Who is Liable for Damages Caused By Motor Vehicle Defects?
Vehicles or car parts may be defective due to:
- Design defects – an inherently dangerous design poses an unreasonable risk of harm
- Manufacturing defects – a flaw in the manufacturing process causes an unreasonable risk of injury
- Marketing defects or failure to warn – failing to provide adequate warnings or instructions to warn consumers of unapparent risks
Accordingly, who is liable for your damages will depend on what the defect is and which component is defective. One or more parties could be responsible, depending on the circumstances.
Possible parties who may share liability include:
- Manufacturers of subcomponents, parts, and vehicles
- Repair shops
- Maintenance facilities
- Transportation companies
Contact Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers If You’ve Been Injured in an Accident Due to Motor Vehicle Defects
Product liability claims can be complicated and technical. Contact Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers to speak with an experienced Boca Raton motor vehicle defects attorney. We’ll provide honest legal advice and explain your legal options for compensation. We offer a free initial consultation and work on a contingency fee basis, so call today to see how we can help.