If you were hurt in a slip and fall accident in Boca Raton, FL, you may have the right to compensation. Property owners who fail to fix dangerous conditions on their property are considered negligent. They can be held financially responsible for the full costs of your injuries. At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, our Boca Raton slip and fall accident lawyers are here to help get what you need after an accident. To learn more about your rights, call (561) 347-7770, or contact our law office in Boca Raton online to schedule a free consultation today.
Table of Contents
How to Choose the Right Personal Injury Lawyer After a Slip and Fall
You shouldn’t be left with the financial burden while the negligent property owner walks away unscathed. Unfortunately, slip and fall accidents are often looked at suspiciously. Insurance companies might question whether someone else was really responsible–after all, couldn’t you have been more careful?
Your lawyer’s skill and experience are key to proving that you were hurt because of someone else’s carelessness. You want a Boca Raton personal injury lawyer who:
- Has experience negotiating with insurance companies and defense attorneys
- Has a track record of success in court
- Will devote the time and energy your case deserves
- Has the financial resources needed to fully investigate your case
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers our experienced slip and fall accident attorneys have over 28 years of experience helping clients get what they need after a slip and fall accident. For us, a promise of personal attention is more than just a slogan. We’ve built our practice on it.
To learn more, all you have to do is call our law firm for a free consultation.
What Will a Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Do to Help My Case?
Property owners have a legal duty to keep their property safe for others. However, it isn’t always easy to prove that a property owner neglected that duty. Our lawyers know how to get the evidence you need to strengthen your claim for compensation.
When you choose Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers to protect your interests, our attorneys will:
- Conduct a comprehensive investigation–we’ll interview witnesses, locate any video surveillance footage, investigate the property owner’s actions and more
- Engage experts to help establish the value of your claim
- Work with accident reconstruction experts to pinpoint the cause of the accident
- Negotiate with the insurance companies so you don’t have to
- Fight back if the insurance company tries to blame you
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers we back up our damages claims with evidence. A strong, evidence-backed claim gives you the best chance of getting full compensation for your injuries.
Our lawyers have experience handling all types of personal injury cases. If you or a loved one were hurt in a Boca Raton slip and fall accident, call to learn more about how we can put our experience to work for you.
Why Do So Many Slip and Fall Accidents Occur?
According to CDC data, more than 800,000 people are hospitalized for fall-related injuries each year. More than three million older Americans visit the emergency room after slip and fall accidents annually.
In Florida, fall-related fatalities for those aged 65 and up are 7.16% higher than the national average, according to the Florida Department of Health. In fact, falls are the leading cause of injury-related hospitalization for Floridians of all ages.
Slip and fall accidents are also shockingly expensive. In 2015, the CDC reported that the cost of treating fall-related injuries totalled more than $50 billion–and that figure accounts solely for medical costs.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents in Boca Raton
Boca Raton residents are fortunate enough to avoid snow and ice-related slip and falls. Still, slip and fall accidents can happen in any number of ways. Fall accidents often happen because of:
- Uneven pavement, whether in parking lots or sidewalks
- Slick floors in places like grocery stores, restaurants and shopping malls
- Obstacles in walkways
- Poor lighting
- Damaged railings on staircases
- Uneven carpeting and mats
- A store’s failure to properly place mats to collect rainwater
- Broken or uneven steps and curbs
Property owners have a duty to take steps to prevent hazards like these from preventing injury. If you were hurt in a fall on someone else’s property, don’t hesitate to get a lawyer’s advice about your right to compensation.
Fall Accidents at Work
Employees are also at risk for fall-related injuries–especially those who work in the construction industry. If you were hurt in a slip and fall at work, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. Negligent third parties can also be held liable for damages in a personal injury lawsuit.
What do I Have to Prove to Recover Damages After a Slip and Fall Accident in Boca Raton?
Slip and fall accident cases are based upon a property owner’s negligence. This type of negligence is based on a theory of law called “premises liability.” To recover damages, you have to prove:
- The property owner owed you a duty of care. This can generally be established if you were on the property legally, whether as a customer or invited guest.
- The property owner knew that there was a dangerous condition on the property and failed to fix it.
- The property owner failed to place adequate warnings about the danger.
- You were hurt because of the dangerous condition.
- You suffered damages.
Business owners also have a duty to inspect their property periodically to discover any hidden hazards. In other words, if you were invited onto the property so that the owner could make a profit, the owner can be held responsible for any dangers that they reasonably should have known about.
Common Slip and Fall Accident Injuries
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of slip and fall accident cases. We want to get you compensation for all expenses related to your injuries, which often include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Hand and wrist injuries
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Injuries to the knees, hips and shoulders
- Wrongful death
Some accident victims recover quickly from their injuries. However, fall accidents are the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries in the U.S. These types of injuries can create serious complications and shouldn’t be taken lightly.
Our attorneys are standing by to evaluate your injury case and discuss options for your specific case. Give us a call today to learn more.
What if the Insurance Company Blames Me For the Fall?
Insurance companies often try to scare the victim into accepting a lowball settlement. Blaming the victim is a common tactic. Our lawyers expect that the insurance company will try this–so we’re always prepared.
Everyone has a duty to be reasonably careful. You also have a right to expect that others will do everything they can to keep their property safe. Our lawyers will work to get the evidence needed to back up your claim and refute any allegations that you could have prevented the fall.
However, it’s also important to know that you can recover compensation even if you were partly to blame. Florida’s comparative negligence rules provide that your compensation award is reduced by any amount of fault attributed to you. So, if you were 20% responsible and received a $100,000 settlement, you’d walk away with 80% (or $80,000).
What Damages Are Available for Slip and Fall Accident Victims in Boca Raton?
Under Florida personal injury laws, you’re entitled to reimbursement for all of the expenses you incur because of the accident. You’re also entitled to compensation to help you make ends meet while you recover, if you’re unable to work.
Your damages award may include money for:
- Medical bills
- Ongoing medical care (the future cost of treatment)
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- In-home care
- Home modifications
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress
- And more
The cost of quality medical care is extremely expensive. You might also be facing a painful recovery. Our lawyers work with the top experts in the area to properly value your case.
We want to help you get the most compensation possible if you were injured in a slip and fall accident. It’s important to have a dedicated personal injury attorney by your side to avoid leaving money on the table. Speak with an experienced attorney at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, to start exploring your options today.
Contact an Experienced Boca Raton Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer to Discuss Your Case
It’s important to call a slip and fall attorney with experience handling premises liability cases as soon as possible after your accident. Florida law limits the time you have to file a claim to four years–and the insurance company might impose even shorter timelines.
Perhaps more importantly, the property owner might fix the danger right after your accident. We’ll need to get evidence about the conditions on the property to support your claim–and the sooner we do that, the better your odds.
To discuss the specifics of your fall with an experienced Boca Raton slip and fall accident lawyer, call Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers for a free consultation today. Our Boca Raton personal injury lawyers also serve clients in West Palm Beach and across South Florida.
Our personal injury law firm in Boca Raton, FL also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Dog Bites Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Slip and Fall Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Workplace Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL