Were you recently injured in a motorcycle accident? The West Palm Beach motorcycle accident lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help you fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact our law office in West Palm Beach, FL, or call 561-556-7873 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your rights and options today.
You may have the right to pursue compensation for your medical expenses, lost income, and property damage.
Table of Contents
How Our Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You With Your Motorcycle Accident Case
Motorcycle accidents can leave riders with painful, debilitating, life-threatening injuries. And, the consequences of a motorcycle wreck can have a sizable impact on a victim’s wallet. Fortunately, if someone else caused you to get hurt, you can take action to hold them accountable.
Hiring an experienced West Palm Beach personal injury attorney from Hollander Law Firm to lead the charge can make a world of difference in how your case is resolved.
When you hire our law firm, you’ll benefit from 28+ years of experience and millions of dollars recovered on behalf of motorcycle crash victims just like you.
Expect us to:
- Handle every part of your case from start to finish. All you need to handle is your recovery.
- Start a careful investigation into your crash as quickly as practicable. We will determine what caused the accident and who is at fault.
- Stand up and fight back when the insurance company tries to blame you for the crash.
- Work with the best experts in West Palm Beach. We will find all the experts needed to prove your motorcycle accident claim, including accident reconstructionists, medical experts, and forensic examiners.
- Communicate regularly so you know what’s going on in your case and can make an informed decision with the best information.
We don’t back down from the insurance companies. We will negotiate the best possible deal we can for you. If the insurance company refuses to play fair, we will take your case to court.
Contact our West Palm Beach law offices to learn more with a free case evaluation today.
When Should I Call a West Palm Beach Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
After an accident, it is important to start the legal process quickly. Evidence tends to slowly dissipate over time. If there’s a delay in the investigation of your case, you may have problems getting the documents or testimony you need to prove your claim.
Police reports may get lost. Witnesses may have foggy memories.
Experts need to evaluate all of the evidence and prepare a report. All of the steps to prepare a solid personal injury case take time.
Don’t be worried about calling an attorney before you have finished your medical treatment or recovery. We can help you throughout your treatment and recovery process.
What is My West Palm Beach County Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
Our attorney can help you figure out how you should be compensated and what damages you are owed. Damages are a money award to compensate you for your injuries and losses.
The amount of your damages depends on many factors:
- The severity of your injuries (mild, severe, catastrophic)
- Whether injuries limit your work or prevent you from working
- If your ability to earn an income is limited by your injuries
- Whether your injuries caused a permanent disability
- Whether you need special medical equipment or nursing care
- If your ability to take care of yourself is limited by your injuries
Each case is different and all injuries can cause different limitations in different people. We can help you evaluate your injuries and the limitations caused by them. You may be entitled to compensation for each kind of injury or limitation.
Florida Motorcycle Accident Statistics
In many years, Florida reports more motorcycle accident fatalities than any other state. According to data from the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Department in 2019, there were 8,895 total motorcycle crashes in Florida. Of these, 550 were fatal and 7,719 resulted in injuries
Data from the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration shows that, of all fatal motorcycle accidents in 2017:
- 97% occurred on a clear or cloudy day
- 62% happened during the day or at dusk
Hazards on the roadside and defective roads lead to fatal motorcycle crashes, even on clear days.
Nationwide data from the NHTSA shows that among all fatal motorcycle crashes in 2017:
- 28% involved alcohol-impaired drivers
- 29% involved riders without a valid motorcycle license
- 32% involved speeding
- 43% of motorcycle riders who died in single-vehicle crashes were alcohol-impaired
- 39% of motorcyclists killed in motor vehicle crashes were not helmeted
Helmets saved 1,872 lives in motorcycle accidents in 2017. Experts estimate that helmets are 37% effective in preventing fatal injuries to motorcycle riders and 41% effective for motorcycle passengers.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in West Palm Beach
Florida’s year-round sunny weather and tropical climate make it perfect for a motorcycle ride. However, crashes can occur even in ideal conditions.
Motorcyclists are often overlooked by drivers of automobiles. Automobile drivers might also cause a motorcycle crash in these other ways:
- Turning suddenly in front of a motorcycle
- Changing lanes abruptly
- Cutting off the motorcyclist
- Tailgating (following too closely)
- Opening a door into the motorcycle’s lane of travel.
Other causes of motorcycle accidents in Florida include:
- Distracted driving
- Aggressive driving
- Drug or alcohol-impaired driving
- Fatigued driving
- Substandard roadways
- Motorcycle defects
- Adverse weather conditions
It’s okay if you don’t know exactly what caused your accident. Many accidents have more than one cause. We have the resources and knowledge to determine whether your accident was the result of someone else’s negligence.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
The Hollander Law Firm handles motorcycle accident cases no matter what the victim’s injuries. Injuries common to motorcycle accidents include, but are not limited to:
- Road rash or severe burns
- Fractures, broken bones, and amputation
- Chest, back, leg, and pelvic injuries, including paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries, swelling, and damage to the brain
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal injuries
- Wrongful death
You shouldn’t be left to suffer the consequences when you have been in a motorcycle crash that was not your fault. We can help you get the compensation you deserve from the at-fault party.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Motorcycle Crash in Florida?
In Florida, when your case asserts a claim of “general negligence,” the statute of limitations is either two (if your accident happened on or after 3/24/2023) or four years (if it happened before that date) from the date of the injury due to a recent change. In wrongful death cases, the statute of limitations is also two years.
If the injured party fails to file their lawsuit on or before the deadline, they forever lose their right to sue.
While this might sound like a long time, each step of a lawsuit can take months to complete. We conduct detailed investigations to collect evidence and build your case. Once the evidence is collected, the experts review it and prepare a report. Due to the time needed to prepare a lawsuit to get you the maximum compensation, it is recommended that you establish an attorney-client relationship soon after an accident.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, it is in your best interest to contact the Hollander Law Firm as soon as you can after the accident. We can get started working on your case today.
Can I Still Recover Compensation If I’m Partly to Blame for a Motorcycle Accident in West Palm Beach, FL?
When you sue the at-fault fault party for the compensation you deserve, they may try to argue that you are responsible, in part, for your injuries. If an injured party is partly responsible for their injury, the law of comparative negligence applies.
Florida operates under a modified comparative negligence system with a 51% bar. This means that sharing blame will result in your total settlement being reduced by the percentage for which you are at fault.
You can still recover damages, even if you were partly responsible – as long as you weren’t mostly responsible. A skilled lawyer can prove that your injury was caused entirely by the negligence of another person or minimize your responsibility for the injuries.
What Damages Are Available After Motorcycle Accidents in Florida?
When lawyers say that you can get the money you deserve for your injuries, they are talking about legal damages. Damages are meant to make you whole or to make up for what you lost because of your injuries. your loss or injuries. Legal damages are not limited to your out-of-pocket expenses.
If you have been in a motorcycle accident, you could be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages and lost future earning capacity
- Physical therapy, rehabilitative care, and long term care
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering or emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium
Contact Our West Palm Beach Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Today
Insurance companies do everything they can to make it difficult for motorcycle accident victims to get the full compensation they deserve. The insurance companies have a battalion of defense attorneys who spend their days developing strategies to minimize your settlement award. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle crash, you deserve an attorney who works even harder to maximize the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Your first step after a motorcycle accident should be to talk to an experienced West Palm Beach motorcycle accident attorney. We can help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries and damages. To learn more about how you can protect your legal rights and get started with our law firm, call us today for a free consultation.
Our personal injury law firm in West Palm Beach, FL also provides:
- Amputation Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Assault Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Aviation Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Birth Injury Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Boating Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Electric Scooter Attorney In West Palm Beach, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Maritime Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Mass Transit Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Negligent Security Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Premises Liability Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Product Liability Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Sexual Assault Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Train Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Truck Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Worker’s Compensation Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Workplace Accidents Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL