Did you or a loved one sustain injuries in a recreational vehicle accident in West Palm Beach, FL? You may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and more. An experienced West Palm Beach recreational vehicle accident lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help you fight for every dollar you deserve.
Since we were founded in 1996, we’ve dedicated our entire practice to fighting for accident victims throughout South Florida. We’ve successfully recovered tens of millions of dollars because of our efforts.
If you have questions about your rights under Florida personal injury laws, don’t hesitate to call our law offices in West Palm Beach, Florida at (561) 556-7873 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation today.
Table of Contents
How Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Recreational Vehicle Accident in West Palm Beach
You didn’t anticipate being injured in an RV accident. If that happened, you deserve to know that an experienced West Palm Beach personal injury lawyer is doing everything possible to recover the fair compensation you deserve.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we have over 28 years of experience standing up to insurance companies. We’ve received a perfect-10 Avvo rating. More importantly, we’ve helped countless clients recover the fair compensation they need to move on with their lives.
Life can be challenging after an accident in Palm Beach County.
Hiring our personal injury law firm means you’ll have an entire legal team to:
- Conduct a comprehensive investigation into the accident
- Locate all responsible parties and insurance coverage
- Assess your case value
- Protect you if the insurance company tries to blame you for the accident
- Handle all of the paperwork and legal aspects of your case
- Negotiate with the insurance company to secure the highest settlement possible
Our West Palm Beach personal injury attorneys are ready to get started today. We have the experience and resources to handle even the most complex accident claim. It’s never too early to create an attorney-client relationship, so call for a free initial consultation today.
How Common Are Recreational Vehicle Accidents in West Palm Beach, FL?
Recreational vehicles, or RVs, have become extremely popular in the last few years. According to some estimates, about 500,000 new RVs were shipped in 2021.
RVs are designed to provide temporary lodging quarters. FEMA defines RVs as mobile lodging quarters that are 400 square feet or less. While some RVs are self-propelled, others are designed to be towed by another vehicle.
Some vehicles that are classified as “recreational vehicles” include:
- Motor homes
- Fifth-wheel trailers
- Toy haulers
- Pop-up vans
Recreational vehicles are large and heavy. Like trucking accidents, crashes involving RVs tend to be more serious than ordinary auto accidents.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) publishes statistics on accidents involving large trucks, buses, and RVs. According to the most recent data, 117 fatal recreational vehicle accidents occurred in 2019. Five of those fatal accidents were in Florida. According to FMCSA estimates, about 75,000 people were injured in RV accidents in a single year.
What is My West Palm Beach Recreational Vehicle Accident Case Worth?
The answer to this question depends on the facts of your specific case. Every case is unique. You can count on our lawyers to carefully evaluate your circumstances to fight for every possible dollar you deserve.
Some factors that will influence the value of your personal injury case include:
- The type of injuries you’ve sustained
- The anticipated duration of your recovery
- The cost of your medical treatment
- Your estimated future costs
- Whether the injury impacts your work, education, or quality of life
- Your emotional suffering
Insurance companies tend to focus on different factors. They might claim that you contributed to the accident or failed to mitigate your damages. Our lawyers have years of experience helping injured clients fight these and other insurance tactics. You can get the legal advice you deserve by calling for a free case review today.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Recreational Vehicle Accident Victims in West Palm Beach, FL?
Florida personal injury laws give accident victims the right to seek two primary types of damages: economic damages and non-economic damages.
Economic damages cover your financial expenses. A successful settlement should make it as though the accident never happened, at least in terms of money.
Examples of economic damages include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost future earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Property damage
Non-economic damages, on the other hand, compensate accident victims for their subjective, non-financial losses.
Some common types of non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Anxiety, depression, and PTSD
- Loss of consortium
Punitive damages aren’t very common in Florida. You may be entitled to punitive damages if your accident happened because of someone’s intentional wrongdoing or gross negligence. For example, if a drunk driver was responsible, the court may award punitive damages as punishment.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Blamed for a Recreational Vehicle Accident in West Palm Beach, Florida?
Under Florida’s modified comparative fault laws, financial liability is divided between all parties who share blame for an accident. As the victim, your settlement will be reduced to account for your own percentage of fault. Florida has a 51% bar to recovery as well, so you cannot recover damages if you were mostly at fault.
If you hire an experienced West Palm Beach RV accident attorney, you’ll be able to respond to allegations of blame effectively and preserve your right to compensation.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your RV Accident Injuries
RV wrecks can cause serious injuries. RV passengers aren’t always wearing seatbelts. That can cause severe injuries even if the crash itself was relatively minor.
Some common RV accident injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Catastrophic injuries
If your family member was killed in a fatal recreational vehicle accident, we can also help you fight to recover compensation for wrongful death.
What Causes Most Recreational Vehicle Accidents in West Palm Beach, Florida?
Recreational vehicle accidents happen for any number of reasons. Some of the most common causes of RV accidents are the same causes that often contribute to motorcycle and car accidents in Florida.
Overall, some of the most common causes of recreational vehicle accidents include:
- Distracted drivers
- Fatigued driving
- Excessive speeds
- Aggressive driving
- Failure to yield to other motorists, pedestrians, and bicyclists
- Dangerous left-hand turns
- Failure to check the RV’s blind spots
- Failure to account for longer stopping times, given the RV’s size and weight
- Overloading the RV
- Failure to properly secure the RV to another vehicle before towing
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Windy driving conditions
- Weaving and drifting between lanes
- Rollovers, which are more common in RVs because of the vehicle’s higher center of gravity
- Improperly balanced loads
- Failure to regularly inspect or maintain the vehicle
- Defective RVs or RV safety equipment
Under Florida law, ordinary drivers don’t have to obtain any special license to operate an RV. Understandably, many recreational vehicle accidents occur because of inexperienced RV drivers.
Were you injured in an RV accident? Our West Palm Beach recreational vehicle accident attorneys can help you determine the cause of the crash. To get started, we highly recommend that you contact our law firm to schedule a free case review today.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Recreational Vehicle Accident in West Palm Beach, FL?
General negligence is the most common cause of RV accidents. In other words, most crashes occur because someone was careless or reckless.
To prove negligence, your lawyer will work to establish:
- The at-fault party owed you a legal duty of care
- A breach of duty
- The breach caused your accident
- You sustained damages
More specifically, we’ll review police reports, interview witnesses, locate video surveillance footage, and find any other evidence to support your case.
Who is Responsible for Paying My RV Accident Damages In West Palm Beach, Florida?
Multiple parties can share liability after an accident in the state of Florida. If your case involved an RV rental, more than one party could be liable.
Examples of potentially responsible parties include:
- RV drivers
- RV rental companies
- Third-party drivers, pedestrians, or bicyclists
- RV mechanics
- Inspection companies
- Manufacturers of defective RVs or safety equipment
- Government agencies
- Employers of an at-fault driver
Identifying the at-fault parties is a critical aspect of your personal injury case. Our experienced West Palm Beach recreational vehicle accident attorneys at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers are here to help. Just call to schedule your free case evaluation today.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Recreational Vehicle Accident in West Palm Beach, Florida?
The statute of limitations in Florida was recently changed for most personal injury cases. By default, you have four years from the date of the RV accident to file a personal injury lawsuit if the crash took place on 3/23/2023 or before. If it took place after that date, you’ll have just two years instead. If you wait too long, you’ll lose your right to compensation.
Because there are exceptions to these deadlines in many cases, it is best to confirm the time limit for your particular situation with an attorney.
Contact a Car Accident Law Firm in West Palm Beach, FL for a Free Consultation
Were you or a loved one injured in an RV accident? Call an experienced West Palm Beach recreational vehicle accident lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers today. Our lawyers can significantly increase your chances of recovering the maximum compensation you deserve.
Our personal injury law firm in West Palm Beach, FL also provides:
- Amputation Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Assault Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Aviation Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Birth Injury Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Boating Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Electric Scooter Attorney In West Palm Beach, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Maritime Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Mass Transit Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Negligent Security Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Premises Liability Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Product Liability Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Sexual Assault Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Train Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Truck Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Worker’s Compensation Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Workplace Accidents Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL