Were you or a loved one hurt because a business owner in West Palm Beach, FL failed to provide adequate security? The property owner may owe you compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and more. An experienced West Palm Beach negligent security lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help you fight for every dollar you deserve.
Since 1996, our team of top-rated attorneys has recovered tens of millions of dollars for accident victims across South Florida.
Table of Contents
How Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers Can Help With a Negligent Security Claim in West Palm Beach
Most premises liability claims involve slip and fall accidents. However, you can also recover damages if you were a victim of assault, sexual assault, or another violent crime. Florida negligent security claims turn on whether the property owner could have prevented the attack.
Our West Palm Beach personal injury attorneys at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help you obtain fair compensation to cover your costs. We have over 28 years of experience. In that time, we’ve been recognized as top trial lawyers by the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and earned a perfect-10.0 Avvo rating.
More importantly, we’re dedicated to providing the highest quality legal representation possible.
Hire our experienced attorneys, and you’ll have an advocate to:
- Thoroughly investigate the circumstances of your attack
- Determine who could have prevented the act and who is ultimately liable
- Hire expert witnesses when needed
- Calculate your case value
- Negotiate with the insurance company to win the maximum compensation available
Financial compensation might not be the first thing on your mind after an attack. However, winning fair compensation can be critical to your future. Call today to learn more about establishing an attorney-client relationship with a West Palm Beach personal injury attorney.
What is My West Palm Beach Negligent Security Case Worth?
After establishing that the property owner is liable for damages, you’ll also have to prove how much your case is worth.
Putting a dollar value on a personal injury case is always challenging. Fortunately, our lawyers have decades of experience handling complex cases similar to yours.
We’ll consider all of the relevant circumstances, including:
- The extent of your injuries
- The nature of the property owner’s actions
- Whether you’ll suffer permanent injuries or need ongoing medical treatment
- How the violent attack impacted your quality of life
- Your lost wages, medical bills, and other costs
The insurance company may initially appear sympathetic. After all, you were a victim of an attack. That doesn’t mean they’ll simply offer you the money you deserve. In fact, they’ll probably try to downplay your injuries and losses.
Having an experienced lawyer by your side is the best way to prevent these tactics from succeeding. To learn more about our legal services and how we can help, call today.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Victims of Negligent Security?
When you file a negligent security claim, you’re entitled to seek compensation for all of your losses. Those losses include economic damages with a clear financial value. They also include your suffering and other non-economic damages.
Our lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers will fight to recover compensation for your:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Rehabilitation costs
- Counseling and other therapies
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Ongoing mental health issues, such as anxiety, depression, and PTSD
- Loss of consortium
If caught, your attacker may also be liable for punitive damages. Punitive damages punish a defendant for intentional wrongdoing or malicious acts.
Our West Palm Beach Negligent Security Lawyers Will Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Injuries
A violent attack can leave victims struggling with serious physical injuries. An attack can also be emotionally damaging. You could struggle with fear, PTSD, and other mental health disorders for years to come.
You can count on our West Palm Beach negligent security attorneys to fight for the full compensation you deserve for all of your injuries, including:
- Facial injuries
- Severe bruising, cuts, and lacerations
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
- Soft tissue injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Internal injuries
- Puncture wounds
- Gunshot wounds
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
We know the thought of seeking legal advice can be overwhelming. We’re here to help you get justice in any way we can.
What is Negligent Security?
Florida’s premises liability laws are designed to protect you from being a victim of a violent crime. Businesses and property owners are required to take steps to keep visitors and guests safe. That includes providing adequate security.
Unfortunately, not everyone follows the law. If you were attacked on someone else’s property, the owner might be liable for damages. After all, the owner of the property could have taken precautions to prevent the crime from occurring.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of negligent security claims in West Palm Beach, including those involving:
- Colleges and universities
- Rental apartment buildings
- Cruise ships
- Parking garages
- Shopping malls
- Office complexes
- Sports and entertainment venues
- And more
If you were hurt because a business owner was negligent, we can help you prove it. Our lawyers will handle the heavy lifting and find the evidence to support your claim, including:
- Area crime maps
- Eyewitness testimony
- Evidence of past criminal activity, including police and accident reports
- Prior calls to law enforcement
- Security records
We have the resources to find out who was responsible for your attack. Just give us a quick call to discuss your legal options today.
We Handle All Types of Negligent Security Claims in West Palm Beach, FL
Negligent security can take many forms. Whether security is considered inadequate depends heavily on the facts and circumstances of your case.
Our West Palm Beach negligent security attorneys often handle cases involving an owner’s failure to:
- Install security cameras, metal detectors, and other deterrents
- Install proper lighting, especially in parking lots and alleys
- Provide warnings about criminal activity in the neighborhood
- Secure gates and fences
- Fix broken locks
- Hire security guards
- Install security systems, gates, or fences
- Reply to security alerts
- Train employees and staff in how to handle violence and prevent attacks
Were you a victim of a criminal attack? Do you suspect the crime could have been prevented? Call today to schedule a free case review and learn more about your legal rights.
How Do I Establish Liability for Negligent Security if I Was Attacked in West Palm Beach, Florida?
Your attacker can be held liable for financial compensation if they’re caught. Your lawyer can help you recover damages in civil court.
On the other hand, third-party property owners aren’t automatically liable for damages caused by criminal attacks. To seek compensation from a property owner, you have to prove negligence. In other words, you have to prove that the owner breached a duty of care. The breach of duty must have allowed the attack to happen.
Business owners are subject to a heightened duty of care as opposed to other landowners (e.g., homeowners). They’re required to take stronger measures to protect customers and visitors, who are classified as “invitees.”
A number of factors may be relevant in determining whether the business provided inadequate security, including:
- Any previous history of criminal activity in the neighborhood
- Whether similar crimes occurred on the premises in the past
- Whether the business is of a type where violence is likely to occur (bars and nightclubs)
- Whether the business is likely to be targeted by criminals (pawn shops and banks)
- Where the neighborhood is located
The scope of a business owner’s duty will depend on these and other factors. Not every business is required to take strict security measures. Businesses are only required to provide security against crimes that are reasonably foreseeable.
For example, the security measures required by a nightclub downtown will be different than those required of a suburban daycare center.
How Long Do I Have to File a Negligent Security Lawsuit in Florida?
It’s never too early to get started. We can help you take steps to preserve your right to compensation while you recover. All you have to do is pick up the phone and call for a free case evaluation today.
Contact a West Palm Beach Negligent Security Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Our experienced attorneys at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers are always available to discuss your case. We know that being the victim of a violent crime is traumatic. When you’re ready to explore your options for recovering compensation, call to schedule a free consultation with a West Palm Beach negligent security lawyer.
Our personal injury law firm in West Palm Beach, FL also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Birth Injury Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Premises Liability Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Truck Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL