Were you or a loved one hurt in an accident involving a rideshare company in West Palm Beach, FL? You may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and your pain and suffering. An experienced West Palm Beach Uber accident lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover the maximum compensation you deserve.
Our lawyers have been fighting to help accident victims across South Florida since 1996. In that time, we’ve recovered tens of millions of dollars in life-changing settlements and verdicts.
Uber accident cases can be complex. If you were injured in an Uber accident, contact our law offices in West Palm Beach, Florida at 561-556-7873 to schedule a free consultation today.
Table of Contents
How Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers Can Help After an Uber Accident in West Palm Beach
Complex insurance rules can make an Uber accident claim much more difficult than your typical auto accident case. But you shouldn’t have to spend your time fighting for the money you deserve. Let an experienced West Palm Beach injury lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers handle the legal issues in your case.
Our lawyers have over 28 years of experience handling complex cases like yours. We’ve been recognized by the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and as an Avvo Top Attorney with a perfect “10.0” rating.
You can trust our lawyers to:
- Launch a full investigation into your accident
- Determine the Uber driver’s status at the time of the crash
- Assess the fair value of your injury claim
- Consult experts and specialists as needed
- Handle all negotiations with the insurance companies and defense lawyers
Getting fair compensation can be a difficult process. Our West Palm Beach personal injury attorneys are up to the challenge. Call to schedule a free initial consultation with our team today to get started.
What is My West Palm Beach Uber Accident Case Worth?
You probably know that you may be entitled to compensation if you were seriously injured due to someone else’s negligence. However, you may not know how much your personal injury case is worth.
The value of your personal injury case will depend on the facts surrounding your accident, including:
- The type and severity of your injury
- The type and cost of your medical treatment
- Your financial losses, including lost income
- How the injury changes your daily life
- Your physical and emotional suffering
- Available insurance coverage
Putting a dollar value on your pain and suffering can be complex. Some damages are easy to value. You’ll have receipts for your past medical care and out-of-pocket expenses. It’s much more difficult to value your non-financial losses and estimate your future expenses.
Let our West Palm Beach Uber accident attorneys help. We’ve handled countless personal injury cases over the years. We can hire respected experts and specialists to help us understand the true cost of your injuries.
How Does Insurance Impact the Value of My Uber Accident Case?
Florida follows a no-fault insurance law. After an accident, you’ll first file a claim under your own personal injury protection (PIP) insurance. If your expenses exceed your policy limits, you may be entitled to file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance.
In the past, Uber and Lyft accident cases were more complicated because rideshare drivers were independent contractors. Their personal insurance policies wouldn’t cover the damages–and neither would Uber or Lyft.
Now, Florida laws require ridesharing services to provide commercial insurance coverage to protect crash victims. The value of that coverage depends on the driver’s status at the time of the accident.
Uber App is Turned On, Driver is Looking for a Passenger
If the Uber driver is available to accept a passenger, the following enhanced coverage is available:
- $50,000 in bodily injury coverage per person
- $100,000 in bodily injury coverage per accident
- $50,000 in property damage coverage per accident
This third-party liability coverage applies if your auto insurance isn’t enough to cover your damages.
Driver is Carrying a Passenger or Has Accepted a Ride
If the Uber driver is carrying a passenger or on the way to pick someone up, more generous insurance coverage is available.
This Uber policy provides:
- $1 million in third-party liability coverage
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
- Contingent collision coverage up to the value of your damaged car
If the driver’s Uber app is turned off, the accident is handled like any other car accident case. In other words, Uber’s insurance policies won’t apply at all.
It can be difficult to understand which types of coverage may be available in your case. Unless you were an Uber passenger at the time of the crash, you won’t know the Uber driver’s status at the time of the accident.
Our lawyers in West Palm Beach are here to help. Just call our law offices to schedule a free case review to learn more about what we can do in your case.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Uber Accident Victims?
Florida personal injury laws classify compensatory damages as either economic damages or non-economic damages.
Economic damages are available to cover all of your financial expenses, including:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and income
- Reduced future earning potential
- Nursing care
- Property damage
Examples of your non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
Obviously, these non-economic damages are some of the most difficult to value. Our lawyers can help you fight for every penny you deserve. Just call to schedule a free case evaluation to learn more.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for an Uber Accident in Florida?
It’s always possible that the insurance company might try to blame you for causing the accident. If they succeed, your damages award can be reduced under Florida comparative fault laws.
Here’s how it works. Each party who contributes to the cause of an accident is assigned a percentage of fault. You are responsible for that percentage of the damages. So, if the insurance settlement is $100,000 and you were 30% responsible, you’ll take home $70,000–or 70% of your compensation.
In other words, you don’t lose your right to compensation entirely if you’re partly responsible for an Uber accident.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Uber Accident Injuries
Uber accidents have the potential to cause a wide range of injuries. At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we often represent Uber accident victims who have sustained:
- Broken bones
- Nerve injuries
- Whiplash injuries and other neck injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Seat belt injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Burn injuries
- Amputation injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Don’t underestimate the cost of an injury. You don’t have to fight for fair compensation alone, so call our legal team to schedule a free initial consultation today. We’ll do everything we can to maximize your settlement or verdict.
What Causes Most Uber Accidents in West Palm Beach, Florida?
Rideshare drivers are screened before they’re allowed to accept passengers. However, Uber and Lyft drivers don’t receive any special training. That means they’re as likely to cause an accident as anyone else on the roads.
Some of the most common causes of Uber accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
- Looking for a passenger, rather than paying attention to the road
- Stopping in dangerous locations
- Speeding and other traffic violations
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Aggressive driving behaviors
- Unsafe passing
- Illegal lane changes
- Dangerous turns
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
Uber drivers use their own personal vehicles. Failure to maintain the car in safe condition can also contribute to the cause of an accident.
How Do I Prove Negligence After an Uber Accident in Florida?
Like any other motor vehicle accident, Uber crashes often happen because of someone’s negligence.
To prove negligence, your lawyers will work to establish:
- The responsible party’s legal duty of care
- Breach of duty
- The breach caused your accident
- The damages you sustained
Many different types of evidence can be used to prove liability, including:
- Police reports
- Video surveillance footage
- Photos of the accident scene
- Eyewitness testimony
- Opinions offered by expert witnesses
You can count on our lawyers to find the evidence you need to support your case.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After an Uber Accident in Florida?
For most car accident victims, the statute of limitations in Florida is four years. If you fail to file a personal injury lawsuit within the four-year period, you lose your right to seek compensation.
Contact a West Palm Beach Uber Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Were you or a family member injured in an Uber accident in Palm Beach County? These cases can quickly become complicated. To get the legal advice you deserve, we highly recommend calling a West Palm Beach Uber accident lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers to schedule a free consultation today.
Our personal injury law firm in West Palm Beach, FL also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Birth Injury Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Premises Liability Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Truck Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL