Were you or a loved one injured in a crash involving a taxi in West Palm Beach, FL? You may be entitled to seek compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and your pain and suffering. An experienced West Palm Beach taxi accident lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can fight to maximize your financial compensation award.
Our legal team has been committed to protecting the rights of accident victims across South Florida since 1996. To date, we’ve recovered millions of dollars for our satisfied clients.
Do you have questions about your legal rights after a taxi accident? Call our law offices in West Palm Beach, Florida at 561-556-7873 to schedule a free consultation today, or contact us here.
Table of Contents
How Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Taxi Accident in West Palm Beach
If someone else was responsible for your injuries, they may owe you money to help with your expenses. Unfortunately, it isn’t always easy to get the full amount you deserve. Insurance companies are skilled at undervaluing claims and using delay tactics to scare victims into giving up.
Our West Palm Beach personal injury lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help. We have over 28 years of experience handling personal injury cases. Our founding attorney has been recognized by the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum and as an Avvo Top Attorney with a perfect 10.0 rating.
When you hire our lawyers, you’ll benefit from:
- A full investigation into the circumstances of your accident
- Attorneys with the resources to hire respected experts and specialists
- A lawyer who can defend you if you’re blamed for the accident
- A skilled negotiator who will handle all insurance negotiations and communications
You deserve time to focus on your recovery. You can count on the best personal injury lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL to do everything possible to maximize your compensation award. Call today to get started.
What is My West Palm Beach Taxi Accident Case Worth?
This is a difficult question to answer without evaluating the facts of your case. Every personal injury case is different. Even if your injuries are similar to someone else’s, your losses could be very different.
The value of most personal injury claims hinges on multiple factors, including:
- The severity of your injuries
- Your financial losses, including lost wages and the cost of medical treatment
- Your expected recovery time
- Whether you’ll suffer a permanent impairment
- The impact of the injury on your quality of life
- Available insurance coverage
- Whether you contributed to the cause of the accident
The fact is, most personal injury victims don’t know how much their case is worth before settling. They tend to accept the insurance company’s offer at face value. That means many injured people walk away with less money than they deserve.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we know how to evaluate the extent of your damages. We’ll do everything possible to maximize your settlement or verdict. Just give us a call and schedule a free case review to learn more.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Taxi Accident Victims?
Treating any injury can be expensive. Costs can add up quickly–and insurance doesn’t always cover everything. It’s important to make sure you’ve accounted for all of your damages before accepting an insurance settlement.
Under Florida personal injury laws, accident victims are entitled to two primary types of compensatory damages: economic damages and non-economic damages.
Economic damages cover your out-of-pocket costs and expenses. You may be entitled to money for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced future earning potential
- Nursing care
- Property damage
Your non-economic damages are much more personal in nature. These damages can cover a wide range of subjective suffering and inconvenience. Examples include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
Calculating pain and suffering damages is a complex process. Insurance companies often try to take advantage of the fact that you won’t have receipts to back up these losses.
Our experienced West Palm Beach taxi accident attorneys can help. We’ve been successfully handling cases like yours for decades–and we know how to convince the insurance companies to play fair.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Taxi Accident in Florida?
Taxi accident claims can get messy. The victim isn’t always blameless. Unless you were riding as a passenger in the cab, the insurance company will likely look for ways to blame you.
Under Florida’s pure comparative fault law, you won’t lose your right to compensation if you were partly responsible. Instead, your compensation will be reduced in proportion to your percentage of fault.
Our personal injury lawyers can help if you’re being blamed for an accident. Contact our team today to learn more.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Taxi Accident Injuries
Taxi accident victims often suffer a wide range of injuries. Taxi passengers often forget to wear a seat belt when riding in the back seat. That can cause much more severe injuries in a serious cab accident.
However, many of the injuries suffered by cab accident victims mirror those in ordinary car accident claims.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we often represent taxi crash victims who have sustained:
- Broken bones
- Nerve injuries
- Whiplash injuries and other neck injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Seat belt injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Burn injuries
- Amputation injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Whether you were a taxi passenger, third-party driver, or merely walking down the street, you deserve to be compensated if you were injured due to someone else’s negligence. Call our lawyers in West Palm Beach for a free case evaluation today to learn more about your legal rights and options.
What Causes Most Taxi Accidents in West Palm Beach, Florida?
Cab drivers can be careless like anyone else. Many cab drivers in South Florida spend most of their day behind the wheel. They’re often tired and distracted. They’re also in a hurry to maximize the number of rides they can complete in a day.
Ultimately, taxi cab accidents often happen because of:
- Distracted driving
- Speeding and other aggressive driving behaviors
- Stopping in dangerous locations to pick up or drop off passengers
- Fatigued driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Unsafe passing
- Illegal lane changes
- Illegal or unsafe turns
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Using drugs behind the wheel
- Failure to properly maintain the vehicle
Of course, cab drivers aren’t always at-fault in a taxi accident. Third-party motorists, motorcyclists and even pedestrians can share fault for an accident.
To recover full compensation, you have to identify every factor that played a role in your crash. You can count on our legal team to find out what happened to cause your accident. We’ll use that information to demand fair compensation from all responsible parties.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Taxi Accident in Florida?
Most motor vehicle accidents occur because someone was negligent. As the victim, you are responsible for offering proof to establish the responsible parties’ negligence.
More specifically, you must establish:
- A legal duty of care existed
- Breach of duty
- The breach was the direct cause of your accident
- The damages you sustained
In a typical two-vehicle car crash case, establishing liability is often simple. The police report might even tell you who was to blame.
Taxicab accident cases can become more complex. While taxi drivers are common carriers in the state of Florida, so they owe others on the road a heightened duty of care. However, most taxi drivers are also common law employees, unlike Uber and Lyft drivers. That means that the taxicab company may be held liable for damages if their employee was negligent.
In taxi accident cases, the following parties may share liability for your damages:
- Taxi companies
- Taxi mechanics
- A company responsible for inspecting the cab fleet
- Third-party drivers
- Companies that manufacture defective vehicles or taxi safety equipment
- Government agencies
Our lawyers will review all evidence in your case to identify everyone who can be held responsible for your damages. When you’re ready to learn more, just call our offices to schedule your free initial consultation.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Taxi Accident in Florida?
Every state limits the amount of time you have to take legal action after an accident. Under Florida law, taxi accident victims have four years to file a personal injury lawsuit. The statute of limitations starts running on the date of your accident.
Missing the deadline has harsh consequences. You’ll lose your right to compensation if you wait too long.
Contact a West Palm Beach Taxi Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Taxi accident cases can be complex. Fortunately, you don’t have to handle the legal process alone. If you or a family member were injured in a taxi accident, call an experienced West Palm Beach taxi accident lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers for a free consultation today.
Our personal injury law firm in West Palm Beach, FL also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Birth Injury Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Premises Liability Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Truck Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL