If you suffered an amputation injury after an accident in West Palm Beach, you may be entitled to compensation. A West Palm Beach amputation injury lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help you recover money for medical bills, lost wages, and more.
You shouldn’t have to suffer the financial consequences of someone else’s carelessness. Give us a call today at (561) 556-7873 to schedule a free consultation to learn more about getting the compensation you deserve.
How An Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help With Your Amputation Injury Claim
Loss of a limb is one of the most life-changing injuries a person can ever suffer. While victims of amputation injuries very often go on to live long, fulfilling lives, the financial and emotional toll can last a lifetime.
You can soften the blow by recovering fair compensation from the negligent party who caused your accident. The unfortunate fact is that amputation injury cases can be especially complex–because the injury will, by definition, last a lifetime. An experienced Gainesville personal injury lawyer can make all the difference in your case.
In fact, hiring a personal injury lawyer can spell the difference between recovering full compensation for your losses and nothing at all. In the eyes of big insurance companies, an amputation injury equals a potentially severe financial hit. They’ll throw everything they have at your case to avoid paying what’s fair. That’s where our lawyers come in to even the score.
Here are just a few examples of the ways the Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers will help:
- We’ll gather evidence about the cause of your accident, including video surveillance, witness testimony, police reports, and more
- Our attorneys work with respected experts and specialists who can provide valuable information about how much your injury will cost over time
- We know how to stand up to insurance companies who might try to blame you for getting hurt
- We’ll negotiate with the insurance companies to make sure your settlement award is fair
- Our experienced trial attorneys will fight for your rights in the courtroom if necessary
Our attorneys are dedicated to getting the most compensation possible. We want to make sure you’re protected, both now and in the future. It isn’t always easy to get what you deserve–but our lawyers will put decades of experience to work to get the best outcome for you and your family.
You don’t have to handle this fight on your own. Call the experienced West Palm Beach catastrophic injury attorneys at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers to get the legal advice you need today.
Quick Statistics on Amputation Injuries
Amputation injuries are much more common than you might think. Over 2 million Americans are living with lost limbs. About 185,000 amputations occur in the U.S. every year–and more than 30% of people who lose a limb experience depression or anxiety as a result.
Unfortunately, around 45% of amputation injuries are caused by some type of traumatic accident. These injuries result in almost $9 billion in hospital costs annually. That dollar figure doesn’t even begin to amount for the costs of an amputation over the patient’s lifetime.
Common Causes of Amputation Injuries in West Palm Beach
Traumatic amputations are injuries that happen because of an accident. The limb could have been severed in the accident itself. In other cases, complications or infection might require surgical amputation at a later date.
In either case, you could be entitled to compensation. Some common causes of amputation injuries include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Premises liability
- Defective products
- Fires and explosions
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, our personal injury attorneys in West Palm Beach, Florida are here to help in any way we can. We have decades of experience handling even the most complex catastrophic injury claims. We’re ready to put that experience to work for you.
Types of Amputation Injuries
Any type of amputation injury will dramatically impact your life. Even once you adjust to the changes, you’ll likely require ongoing care and replacement prostheses.
Some examples of the types of amputation injury cases we handle include:
- Trans-femoral amputations (above the knee)
- Trans-tibial amputations (below the knee)
- Trans-humeral amputations (above the elbow)
- Trans-radial amputations (below the elbow)
- Shoulder disarticulation (removal of the arm at the shoulder)
- Wrist disarticulation (amputation through the wrist)
- Hip disarticulation (removal of the entire leg at the hip)
- Ankle disarticulation (removal of the foot at the ankle)
- Pelvic amputation (removal of a part of the pelvis and leg)
- Digit amputation (removal of a toe or finger)
Any type of amputation will change your life forever. Even the most basic tasks, like brushing your teeth and getting dressed, can become a challenge. Our attorneys will fight to get the most compensation possible for your injuries. That way, you can rest assured that you’ll be able to afford the quality medical care you need.
Understanding the Impact of Phantom Limb Syndrome
Adjusting to a prosthetic is only the beginning of the battle for many people who lose a limb. For some, physical pain persists even once their wounds have healed and the scars have faded. This phenomenon is known as phantom limb syndrome.
For the amputation injury victim, this pain is very real–even though the limb is gone. The problem can be extremely difficult to treat. Some victims resort to cognitive therapies, such as mirror box therapy or hypnosis. Others might try acupuncture.
Unfortunately, it can be hard to get your health insurance to cover the cost of treating phantom limb syndrome. It’s important to make sure your compensation award provides enough compensation to treat all of the issues caused by the amputation–including phantom pain.
Time Limits for Filing a Personal Injury Claim in Florida
Saying that you have a lot on your plate is an incredible understatement if you’ve lost a limb. However, you don’t have an unlimited amount of time to take legal action. In Florida, you have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit in most cases.
To recover the full amount you deserve, our lawyers will work with your doctors and medical experts to get an educated assessment of the cost of your injuries over time. This is critical to making sure you have enough money for your future treatment–but the process also takes time.
That’s why it’s always a smart idea to speak with a respected lawyer as soon as you can. Give Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers a call today. We’ll get to work immediately to help secure your future.
What if I’m Partly to Blame For the Accident?
The cause of an accident isn’t always cut and dry. Multiple factors can lead to a catastrophic injury. Florida law allows you to hold every responsible party accountable for their share of fault. That also means you don’t lose your right to compensation if you played a role in causing the accident.
Florida modified comparative fault laws do provide that your compensation award can be reduced to account for your own share of fault. These rules will bar you from recovering compensation if you are mostly at fault.
Don’t let the threat of shared responsibility scare you off. Amputation injuries can be incredibly expensive to treat–and health insurance doesn’t always cover everything. Fighting to win fair compensation can be one of the most important things you ever do. Our Palm Beach County lawyers know how to minimize your role in the accident so that you can get the maximum available compensation.
Damages Available to Victims of Amputation Injuries in West Palm Beach
Like any other personal injury case, your compensation award will depend upon the type of amputation, the cost of past and future medical care, and a number of other factors.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we’ll fight to get fair compensation for:
- Past medical bills
- Lost wages and income
- Future medical expenses
- Loss of future job opportunities
- Prosthetic limbs
- Medical devices
- Physical therapy
- Rehabilitative care
- In-home assistance
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Lost independence
- Loss of consortium or a loved one’s company
We’re committed to treating our clients like family. We’ll work closely with you to fully evaluate the costs of your injuries. We want you to recover every dollar that you deserve–and we’re willing to put in the hard work necessary to get the best results for you and your family.
Over the years, we’ve demonstrated our ability to win full compensation awards for injured clients. We’re ready to do the same for your family. All you have to do is call our law offices to arrange your free case review with an experienced South Florida personal injury attorney.
Contact a West Palm Beach Amputation Injury Lawyer For Help Today
Have you lost a limb because you were involved in an accident that someone else caused? Anyone who was partly to blame for the accident can be held accountable for paying your damages. Call an experienced West Palm Beach amputation injury lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers to set up a 100% free consultation today.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office In West Palm Beach, FL
Our personal injury law firm in West Palm Beach, FL also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Aviation Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Birth Injury Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Boating Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Civil rights/police brutality lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Electric Scooter Attorney In West Palm Beach, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Maritime Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Mass Transit Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Negligent Security Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Premises Liability Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Product Liability Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Sexual Assault Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Train Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Truck Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Worker’s Compensation Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Workplace Accidents Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL