Have you or a loved one been injured in a bicycle accident in West Palm Beach, FL? In order to maximize your recovery, it’s important to get help from a West Palm Beach bicycle accident lawyer. Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers has been advocating for bike accident victims for more than 28 years. Call (561) 556-7873 today.
You may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and distress. Whoever caused or contributed to your accident – a motorist, a negligent government agency, another cyclist – can be held accountable.
We’ve obtained sizable financial settlements and jury awards on our clients’ behalf. If you’ve been injured, we’ll put our reputation, experience, and skills to work for you. Contact our law office in West Palm Beach to get started with a free case evaluation.
Table of Contents
How Our West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help After a Bicycle Accident
Whether you were struck by a vehicle or got hurt when your tire hit a hazard in the road, the injuries you’re dealing with after a Florida bicycle accident are likely severe. And, while money won’t guarantee that you make a full recovery, it can help to limit the stress in your life – now and for years to come.
However, insurance companies and negligent drivers will be working around the clock to limit your claim for damages or, if possible, deny it altogether.
You can protect yourself and increase the odds of a win by making the simple choice to hire Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, to represent your interests.
Our West Palm Beach personal injury attorneys have a reputation for being savvy negotiators and tough litigators in the courtroom. At the same time, we offer our clients compassionate and trustworthy legal representation. That combination has helped us recover tens of millions of dollars in compensatory awards.
When you hire our law firm for help after a bicycle accident, you can trust that we will:
- Coordinate an exhaustive analysis of your bicycle accident
- Hire experts, including forensic specialists, accident reconstructionists, and medical professionals, to help us as we investigate, build, and value your claim
- Determine what caused your bicycle crash and, in turn, identify liable parties
- Take care of all insurance documentation and court filings on your behalf
- Handle all conversations with insurance adjusters and at-fault parties
- Provide guidance and legal advice as you sit down to make the tough decisions – like whether to settle or take your case to trial
We are here to make the time after your bicycle accident as easy as we can. Give our law firm a call today. Your first consultation is absolutely free.
How Common Are Bicycle Accidents in West Palm Beach?
In a word, very.
Florida, as a whole, is cited as the most dangerous state in the nation for cyclists. According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, there were 6,658 bicycle accidents across the state in 2019.
At least 428 of those accidents happened in West Palm Beach and Palm Beach County.
Statistically speaking, not a day goes by without a bicycle accident happening somewhere in Palm Beach County.
While these accidents can unfold anywhere in Palm Beach County, data seems to indicate that West Palm Beach is the site of many of these crashes. The city has some of the most dangerous intersections and stretches of road for pedestrians and bicyclists in the state.
The stretch of US-1 that runs through the city is a particularly risky thoroughfare for cyclists, as are the intersections of North Congress Ave and 45th Street and 45th Street & N Australian Ave.
The stretch of US-1 that runs through the city is a particularly risky thoroughfare for cyclists.
What Causes Bicycle Accidents in West Palm Beach?
Back in 2017, West Palm Beach adopted a plan to install 100 miles of bicycle lanes across the city – including a dedicated two-way path on South Flagler Drive. And, while bicycle accidents have declined since the West Palm Beach Bicycle Master Plan was embraced, crashes are still all-too-common.
There are a lot of different things that can (and do) contribute to bike accidents in West Palm Beach.
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Fatigued or drowsy driving
- Motorists speeding, especially at or near intersections to beat a red light
- Motorists failing to yield the right of way to bicyclists at a crossroads
- Motorists refusing to share the road safely and driving too close to a bike
- Dooring, or failing to look for oncoming cyclists before opening a car door
- Hazardous or dangerous road conditions
- Defective bikes and safety equipment
Keep in mind that not all bike accidents are the fault – in whole or in part – of third parties. Sometimes riders contribute to car accidents that involve bikes, too. This tends to happen when cyclists text or talk on the phone, don’t follow the rules of the road, or ride at night without the proper safety gear – like reflectors and lights.
Liability for West Palm Beach Bicycle Accidents
In Florida, anyone who contributes to a bicycle accident will share liability for the consequences. This might include:
- Drivers of vehicles on the road, including cars, trucks, motorcycles, and buses
- Other bicyclists
- Employers of negligent third parties
- Mass transit companies, both public and private
- Bike and/or vehicle manufacturers
- Government agencies, particularly those responsible for road design and maintenance
Determining liability goes hand-in-hand with establishing causation. That’s why our law firm will invest the time and resources that are necessary to get to the bottom of what caused your accident. With that information, we can turn our attention to holding those who are responsible fully accountable for the harm they’ve caused.
I’m Being Blamed For My Bicycle Accident – What Does That Mean For My Case?
It doesn’t mean you should panic. Florida has a pure comparative negligence system in place. So, as long as you share blame with someone else – meaning that another person is at least 1 percent to blame for the crash – you can recover compensation for your injuries.
However, the amount of money you can get will be directly related to how much fault is allocated to you.
So, if your proportionate responsibility for a West Palm Beach bicycle accident is 10 percent, your damages will be reduced by 10 percent to reflect that.
Insurance companies will try to pin some (or all) of the blame on you. Left unchallenged, these efforts can cause you to lose out on a lot of money or leave you with nothing at all. It is important to fight back.
The bicycle accident attorneys at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, will fight back for you. We’ll work hard to gather evidence that disproves the allegations or, at the very least, reduces how much fault is ultimately assigned to you.
What is My West Palm Beach Bicycle Accident Case Worth?
It really depends on the seriousness of your injuries and the extent to which your life will be changed, as a result. Generally speaking, the more catastrophic the crash, the higher a related injury case is worth.
Our personal injury attorneys in West Palm Beach will fight vigorously to secure an award that reflects the full value of your case. We’ll fight to get you money for all economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Medical bills – both those incurred today and in the future
- Lost income and wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- PTSD, depression, and other mental anguish
- Lost limbs, disfigurement, and scarring
If a bicycle accident in West Palm Beach is fatal, our law firm can help family members seek compensation through a wrongful death action. Damages can include awards for suffering, funeral costs, and as well as the financial and emotional impacts of the victim’s death.
You Have a Limited Time to File a Bicycle Accident Lawsuit in Florida
If you’ve suffered a traumatic brain injury, severe fractures, damage to your neck, back, or spinal cord, or another catastrophic injury, it can be important to seek compensation from those responsible. However, Florida law limits the amount of time you have to assert your legal rights and pursue a financial award.
Most bicycle accident lawsuits in West Palm Beach are subject to a four-year time limit. And, lawsuits stemming from a fatal crash must be initiated within two years of the victim’s death.
Don’t let the money you deserve slip away. Call Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, and ask our attorneys for help. Our team is always standing by to take your call.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our West Palm Beach Bicycle Accident Lawyers
Following an unexpected and avoidable wreck, don’t hesitate to call the West Palm Beach bicycle accident lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, Over the course of 28+ years, our law firm has won tens of millions of dollars on behalf of injury victims just like you.
We are ready and willing to step in and help you fight for compensation for your severe bicycle accident injuries, too. Just give us a call to arrange a time to discuss your options and rights today. As always, your initial case evaluation is free.
Our personal injury law firm in West Palm Beach, FL also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Birth Injury Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Premises Liability Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Truck Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL