Were you or a family member sustained a catastrophic injury caused by someone else’s negligent actions? You may be able to hold that party accountable for your medical bills, lost wages, and more. An experienced West Palm Beach catastrophic injury lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help you get the full amount you deserve.
Table of Contents
How Can a West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer Help With My Catastrophic Injury Claim?
With nearly three decades of legal experience, we have seen the devastation that a catastrophic injury can cause. In the aftermath, it might seem like things will never be the same again.
In fact, it’s very possible that the injury could change your life forever. It can also be heartbreaking to know that a simple act of caution could have prevented the accident entirely.
Finding the will to fight for compensation can feel impossible after a serious accident. However, getting fair compensation can also be the most important thing you ever do. You’ll need that money for quality treatment and care. Unfortunately, the insurance company won’t make the fight easy.
If you were seriously hurt, the insurance companies know the stakes are high. They have their eye on the bottom line and will do everything they can to pay less than you deserve. You need an experienced attorney in your corner to fight back.
An experienced West Palm Beach personal injury attorney at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers will:
- Listen to you and put your family’s needs first
- Launch a detailed investigation to identify every party who was responsible for your injuries
- Identify all sources of insurance compensation to get the most money possible for your family
- Work with respected experts in medicine, life-care, psychology, and rehabilitation to provide evidence about the full cost of your injuries
- Negotiate aggressively with the insurance company to get the best deal possible
- Take your case to trial if the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we have a reputation for winning when it matters the most. Our lawyers take a vested interest in our clients’ future. We have over 28 years of experience–and we know how to prepare your case to get the best possible results.
All you have to do is call to discuss your case with our experienced catastrophic injury attorneys today.
What Types of Injuries Are Considered Catastrophic?
Catastrophic injuries are serious, life-changing injuries. Catastrophic injury victims often face lifelong challenges and massive expenses.
In legal terms, a catastrophic injury is usually one that prevents the victim from performing any gainful work.
Examples of injuries that can be catastrophic include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage and paralysis
- Severe burns
- Traumatic amputations
- Internal organ damage
- Diseases caused by exposure to toxic substances
- Crush injuries
- Vision or hearing loss
The economic cost of any one of these injuries can be unimaginable. Those costs could include:
- Loss of income because the victim can no longer work
- Extensive and ongoing medical costs
- Around-the-clock treatment in a long-term care facility
- Devastating emotional damage to both you and your family
Our West Palm Beach personal injury attorneys at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers know that the stakes are high for you and your family. We’ll do everything we can to get the maximum possible compensation.
Common Causes of Catastrophic Injuries
Any type of traumatic accident can lead to catastrophic injuries. We’ve represented clients who have been hurt in serious truck accidents and other auto accidents.
We can also help with catastrophic injuries that were caused by:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Fires and explosions
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
- Defective products
- Violent crimes, such as assault and rape
Regardless of how you were injured, our lawyers have the knowledge and resources to find out who was responsible. Call our law firm today to schedule a free case review and learn more about the legal process.
How Can a Catastrophic Injury Attorney Help Prove Liability?
Most catastrophic injury lawsuits are based on negligence. In plain English, someone is considered negligent when they’re careless or reckless and hurt someone else in the process.
To establish negligence, you have to find proof that:
- A duty of care existed, meaning that the responsible party had a duty to exercise caution to keep others safe
- The third party breached that duty by acting carelessly
- The breach was the direct cause of your injury
- You suffered damages as a result of the injury
There are many ways to get the evidence needed to support your personal injury claim. Most accident victims rely on evidence that includes:
- Police and accident reports
- Eyewitness testimony
- Video surveillance
- Testimony of engineers and accident reconstruction specialists
- Medical records
- Past safety records
Our personal injury attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL have helped thousands of clients get the evidence they need to recover fair compensation. If you’re interested in learning about how we can put our skills to work for you, all you have to do is call our law offices in West Palm Beach.
What if I’m Partly to Blame for the Accident?
Things aren’t always black and white. In some cases, the injured party’s actions also contributed to the cause of the accident. That doesn’t necessarily mean you lose your right to recover damages. As long as you weren’t mostly to blame for your injuries, you can file a personal injury lawsuit for damages.
Florida follows a modified comparative fault rule with a 51% bar. That means every party involved is assigned a percentage of fault. The compensation awarded to the injured party can be reduced to account for their share of the blame. In addition, you cannot recover damages if your percentage of fault reaches 51% or more under Florida law.
In reality, it’s rarely so simple. Each party will conduct its own thorough investigation of the accident. Then the lawyers will negotiate fiercely to minimize their client’s share of fault. When comparative negligence is an issue, you need a lawyer with the resources and skills to effectively advocate on your behalf.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we’ll put our substantial resources to work for you. All you have to do is give our catastrophic injury attorneys in West Palm Beach, Florida a call to get started.
We Fight to Get Fair Compensation for West Palm Beach Catastrophic Injury Victims
You can expect the insurance company to try to discount the value of your injury. They might offer a settlement right away–and it might even seem like a generous offer. Unfortunately, it’s hard for accident victims to know how much their injuries will really cost over time.
We know it can be tempting to get money in your pocket quickly. Accepting a lowball settlement can also cause you to run out of money faster than you might think. The cost of treating a catastrophic injury can easily amount to hundreds of thousands of dollars over a lifetime. You deserve to receive compensation for your full costs.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, our South Florida accident attorneys will work tirelessly to recover compensation for:
- Medical bills, including ER costs, hospitalization, surgeries, and more
- Lost wages and income
- Future medical expenses
- Lost future earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Long-term care
- Medical devices
- Modifications to your home and vehicle
- The cost of in-home care and assistance
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Lost quality of life
- Loss of your independence
- Damages for losing the company of your loved one in a wrongful death lawsuit
Our legal team will work closely with experts and specialists to investigate and build your case. Their expertise can help us prove how the injury impacts you today and how it will likely change your future. Insurance companies take this type of evidence seriously–because they know a judge and jury will pay close attention at trial.
Florida Statute of Limitations for Catastrophic Injury Lawsuits
Under Florida law, the statute of limitations in most personal injury cases was recently changed. There is a four-year deadline for injuries sustained on or before 3/23/2023, and a two-year deadline for those sustained after that date. Medical malpractice victims have two years from the date they discover the cause of their injuries.
If you wait too long to come forward, you could lose your right to compensation. It’s always a good idea to contact our West Palm Beach personal injury lawyers as soon as you’re able, especially because there are exceptions to these deadlines in some cases. We can start building your case as soon as you reach out for help.
Call a Trusted West Palm Beach Catastrophic Injury Lawyer for a Free Consultation Today
Have you recently sustained a catastrophic injury? Did you lose a close family member because of catastrophic injuries? By definition, that injury will change your life forever.
You can’t erase the damage that’s been done, but you do have rights. Don’t hesitate to learn more about your legal rights. Call an experienced West Palm Beach catastrophic injury lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers today.
Remember, your first consultation is always free. Our lawyers are dedicated to helping accident victims get the help they need, so reach out to us today to arrange a time to talk.
Our personal injury law firm in West Palm Beach, FL also provides:
- Amputation Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Assault Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Aviation Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Birth Injury Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Boating Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Electric Scooter Attorney In West Palm Beach, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Maritime Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Mass Transit Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Negligent Security Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Premises Liability Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Product Liability Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Sexual Assault Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Train Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Truck Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Worker’s Compensation Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Workplace Accidents Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL