Have you been involved in an aviation accident in or near West Palm Beach, FL? Call Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers at (561) 556-7873 or contact us online to discuss your legal rights and options. You may have the right to substantial compensation for your injuries and suffering. Our West Palm Beach aviation accident lawyers can fight to maximize your financial recovery.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we’ve been advocates for injury victims in West Palm Beach and across South Florida since 1996. We have more than 28 years of experience and have won tens of millions of dollars for clients just like you.
If you’ve been hurt in a plane accident, our top-rated legal team is here to fight for you. Contact our law office in West Palm Beach, Florida to learn more. Your first consultation is absolutely free, so call us now.
Table of Contents
How Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers Can Help After an Airplane Accident in West Palm Beach, FL
Whether you were injured in a relatively minor accident on the tarmac or hurt in a crash from a higher altitude, an airplane accident can have long-lasting consequences. When a negligent pilot or airline is responsible for your trauma, they must be held accountable. That’s where our West Palm Beach aviation accident attorneys can help.
Here’s what you can expect from our law firm as we navigate your plane accident case:
- A thorough assessment of your plane accident to supplement the investigation being conducted by Florida state and federal government agencies
- Expert analysis of evidence and circumstances to help us build a strong case and make sure it’s valued properly
- Tough negotiations with airlines, insurance companies, and negligent third parties designed to get you the best possible settlement deal
- Top-rated representation at trial if you’re offered anything less than a fair settlement
Take the time you need to recover and let Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers focus on getting you the money you need and deserve. Your first consultation is free, and there’s no fee unless we win your case.
There’s absolutely no risk involved in hiring our law firm. Benefit from decades of experience and a team that’s won tens of millions in settlements and verdicts. Get in touch to get us in your corner today.
How Common Are Aviation Accidents?
Accidents involving aircraft don’t happen as frequently as car accidents, but they happen more often than you probably think. According to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, there were a total of 1,085 aviation accidents reported nationwide in 2020. That reflected a drop from years prior, when there were typically an average of 1,200+ airplane accidents annually.
That means, in an average year, there are roughly 3 to 4 plane accidents across the United States every single day.
How serious are these aviation crashes? In 2020, there were 205 fatal accidents that resulted in 332 deaths. Another 187 people were “seriously injured” after being involved in a plane crash.
Given the prevalence of airports and aircraft in the West Palm Beach area, accidents can (and do) happen here.
Commercial airliners and private jets can take off and land at a number of area airports, including Palm Beach International Airport, North Palm Beach County Generation Aviation Airport, Palm Beach County Park/Lantana Airport, Boca Raton Airport, and KPBI.
If you’ve been hurt in an aviation or helicopter accident in West Palm Beach, call Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers. We can help you seek full compensation from those responsible.
What Causes Most Aviation Accidents in Florida?
If you think about it, aviation accidents shouldn’t happen. There are strict Florida state and federal aviation laws in place to ensure safe air travel. Airlines have an obligation to hire qualified pilots and staff. Plus, even amateurs have to have experience and training to operate an airplane, helicopter, or another type of aircraft.
When aviation accidents do occur, it’s usually because someone was negligent.
Some leading causes of Florida plane accidents include:
- Inexperienced operator
- Pilot error
- Loss of control
- Pilot fatigue
- Drug and alcohol use
- Mechanical failure
- Defective aircraft or equipment
- Air traffic control error
Our West Palm Beach airplane accident attorneys will carefully assess your case from all possible angles to determine why it happened. Once we know the cause(s), we can focus on seeking damages from all those who share fault.
What’s My Aviation Injury Case Worth?
The value of your case depends on the answers to these questions:
- What types of injuries have you suffered?
- Are you expected to make a full physical recovery?
- What kind of long-term impacts will your airplane accident have?
- How traumatized are you after being in an aircraft accident?
The more serious the injuries and the more traumatic the experience, the more a case tends to be worth.
However, every situation is different. Every victim is unique, and the long-term repercussions of a crash can vary significantly from one person to the next.
The best thing you can do is speak with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL and discuss the specific facts of your case. Call Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers to learn more about how much money your airplane accident case might be worth.
What Damages Can Be Awarded to Plane Accident Victims in Palm Beach County?
If you’ve been in a plane accident, you should be entitled to recover both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages cover the costs of your plane accident and injuries, such as:
- Medical bills
- Nursing care
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
Non-economic damages are awarded to make up for the short-term and long-term damage that’s difficult to value, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If there’s evidence that a pilot or airline acted with gross negligence or a reckless disregard for your safety, then punitive damages may also be available.
We’ll Fight to Secure Maximum Compensation For All of Your Aviation Accident Injuries
An accident involving an airplane or another type of aircraft can turn your world upside-down. The injuries you sustain can be painful and change how you live your life.
Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers represents aviation accident victims who’ve suffered:
- Burn injuries
- Broken bones
- Crushing injury
- Nerve damage
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck injury
- Back injury
- Soft tissue damage
- Trauma to the face and eyes
- Wrongful death
Seek medical attention as soon as you can after being involved in a plane accident or helicopter crash. Prompt care will limit the chances of complications and ensure that you get the proper treatment. Plus, your visit will help establish a causal link between the plane accident and your injuries. This can be instrumental as you seek damages in a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
What’s the Statute of Limitations For Aviation Accident Lawsuits in Florida?
The Sunshine State has a two-year statute of limitations that applies to most aviation accident lawsuits based on negligence. This deadline was longer (four years) before the state revised it on March 24, 2023.
You could have even less time to act if a state or federal government agency is involved as a defendant.
And in some cases, the statute of limitations could possibly be tolled (paused) for a period of time.
The important takeaway is this: you have a very limited window of time to file a legal action for damages. Don’t miss it, or you’ll lose out on a valuable financial award.
Who Could Be Liable For My Injuries After a Plane Accident in West Palm Beach?
Under Florida law, anyone who contributes (directly or indirectly) to an aviation accident can be on the hook for damages.
This can include:
- Negligent pilots
- Commercial airlines
- Aircraft owners
- Air traffic control professionals
- Government agencies
- Aircraft manufacturers
Our West Palm Beach aviation accident attorneys will work tirelessly to ensure that all liable parties are identified and held accountable.
What Do I Have to Prove to Win My Aviation Accident Case?
Typically, aviation accident lawsuits are based on the argument that someone was negligent.
Negligence means that:
- Someone owed you a duty of care;
- This duty was breached;
- The failure to act reasonably (the breach) caused you to get hurt; and
- You’ve suffered damages.
In order to win your personal injury case, you will have the burden of proving negligence by a preponderance of the evidence. In other words, you’ll have to convince a jury that your argument is more likely true than not.
Don’t try to take on the challenge of building a successful personal injury case on your own. Trust our West Palm Beach airplane accident lawyers to take charge, build a solid case, and prove that you deserve to be compensated for your aviation accident injuries.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation With an Experienced West Palm Beach Aviation Accident Lawyer
Were you recently involved in an accident on an aircraft in West Palm Beach, FL? Call Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers for immediate legal assistance. You may be entitled to compensation from a negligent pilot, commercial airline, or private charter service. Our West Palm Beach aviation accident lawyers will help you seek a full and fair financial recovery.
We offer a free consultation, so give us a call to schedule yours today. Our legal team is always standing by to provide assistance when you need it most.
Our personal injury law firm in West Palm Beach, FL also provides:
- Amputation Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Assault Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Birth Injury Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Boating Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Electric Scooter Attorney In West Palm Beach, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Maritime Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Mass Transit Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Negligent Security Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Premises Liability Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Product Liability Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Sexual Assault Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Train Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Truck Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Worker’s Compensation Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Workplace Accidents Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL