A truck accident can change your life in an instant. If you’re seriously hurt, you need a West Palm Beach truck accident lawyer who will stand up and protect your right to compensation. Our experienced lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help you. Call 561-556-7873 and start fighting for your rights.
Our lawyers have already helped hundreds of truck accident victims get the compensation they deserve. Interested in learning more about how we can help in your case? Contact our West Palm Beach personal injury lawyers near you today to get started.
Table of Contents
How Will a Personal Injury Lawyer Help Me After a Truck Accident?
It takes time, energy, and resources to win compensation in a personal injury case. Those are three things most truck accident victims don’t have to spare. You should be focused on your health and recovery after a serious crash.
The last thing you need is a complex truck accident claim.
Some truck accident victims decide to accept a quick settlement offer instead of putting up a fight. While we know you need money in your pocket now, this can be a mistake. It’s hard to know what your injury will cost in the long run. Understanding what your case is worth is the key to protecting your future financial security.
Hiring an experienced West Palm Beach personal injury lawyer can prevent you from leaving money on the table.
Here’s what our skilled attorneys at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers will do for you:
- Conduct a full investigation into the circumstances surrounding your crash
- Locate every responsible party to make sure they’re held fully accountable for your injuries
- Hire experts in medicine, accident reconstruction, forensics, and any other specialties that might strengthen your injury claim
- Stand up for you when the insurance companies try to reduce their own liability by blaming you for the accident
- Negotiate with the insurance companies to get the most possible compensation for you
- Stand by your side and make sure you understand what’s happening with your case
Our lawyers will visit the scene of the accident and gather any relevant evidence that might help with your case.
We take our clients’ injuries personally–and we’ll go the extra mile to get the money you deserve.
Ready to learn more? Call the West Palm Beach truck accident attorneys at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers for help you can count on.
How Common Are Truck Accidents in West Palm Beach?
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports show that overall, motor vehicle accident fatalities decreased in 2019. However, fatalities in crashes involving at least one large truck increased by about 1%.
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) crash statistics for 2019 show that Florida is one of the top three deadliest states for truck accidents. 296 Floridians lost their lives in accidents involving large trucks and buses. 5,696 more people were hurt in semi-truck crashes.
In fact, some of the deadliest truck wrecks of 2019 happened right here in South Florida.
What Causes Truck Accidents in West Palm Beach?
More than 5,000 people were killed in large truck accidents across the country in 2019. Thousands more are seriously hurt. Truck accidents occur for many different reasons. Unfortunately, most of the major causes of truck accidents in West Palm Beach are entirely preventable.
Common causes of truck accidents include:
- Distracted driving and texting
- Aggressive driving and road rage
- Failure to follow trucking industry safety regulations
- Drunk driving
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Unsafe or illegal passing
- High speeds
- Vehicle defects
- Failure to properly inspect and maintain the truck
- Improperly loaded cargo
- Inexperienced or unqualified drivers
- Fatigued driving
- Road hazards
Multiple factors can come into play to cause a truck accident. It isn’t always the trucking company that’s to blame. Just like in any other car accident case, all parties who caused the accident can be held responsible.
Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers will investigate thoroughly to find out what happened. We’ll demand compensation from every party who contributed to the cause of the truck wreck.
Truck Accident Injuries Can Be Devastating or Fatal
Truck accident victims in smaller vehicles are at an extreme disadvantage in a crash. Semi-trucks and tractor-trailers can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds. The average car weighs about 4,000 pounds. Put simply, occupants in passenger vehicles are at the greatest risk for suffering serious injuries in a truck accident.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, our personal injury attorneys will fight to win fair compensation for all of your injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Severe burns
- Back injuries
- Traumatic amputations and loss of limbs
- Internal organ damage
- Chest injuries
- Crush injuries
- Broken bones
- Joint injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death
Every case is personal to our legal team. If you were hurt in a truck accident in West Palm Beach, your first step should be to seek the medical care you need. The next is to call our experienced truck accident lawyers for a free consultation.
Who Can Be Held Liable For Causing My Truck Accident?
Florida truck accident cases can be complex. Multiple parties often play a role in causing a commercial truck wreck. Even if the driver was ultimately responsible, the actions of big corporations are important.
Most truck drivers don’t own their semi or tractor-trailer. They’re hired by a trucking company to drive the truck cargo across the country. All parties involved in the trucking process can be liable, depending on the circumstances.
There are a few options. Our lawyers will pursue them all. Potentially responsible parties might include:
- Trucking companies
- The company that loaded the cargo
- The company responsible for inspecting or maintaining the vehicle
- Manufacturers of defective truck parts
- Truck leasing companies
- Another at-fault driver
- The truck driver
All of these parties know what’s at stake if they’re found negligent. They’ll do everything they can to minimize their own financial exposure. Let our lawyers fight to hold all responsible parties accountable for your losses.
How Long Do I Have to File a Truck Accident Lawsuit in West Palm Beach, FL?
You can lose your right to compensation if you wait too long to file a lawsuit. Florida law gives accident victims two years to file a lawsuit based on truck accident injuries. You only have two years if the crash was fatal as well.
You might have more or less time depending on the accidents. You might be struggling if you were injured in a trucking accident. We know you have enough on your plate. Call us today so that we can take steps to preserve your right to compensation while you recover.
How Can Comparative Negligence Impact My Truck Accident Claim?
The comparative negligence rules in Florida can complicate things. Insurance companies know that they might be able to pay less if they can show that the victim was also to blame for the crash.
That doesn’t mean you lose your right to compensation if you were partly to blame. You can still recover partial damages under Florida’s modified comparative fault rules. If a judge believes you were partly responsible, your compensation award will be reduced to account for your share of fault. However, if you are found mostly responsible, you won’t be able to recover any money.
Minimizing your role in the accident is important. When the insurance company goes on the offensive, you need proof to establish what really caused the crash. Our lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers know how to fight back when the insurance company tries to point the finger at you.
Damages Available to West Palm Beach Truck Accident Victims
Truck accidents tend to be violent. The crash can crush smaller vehicles and leave victims with catastrophic injuries. Treating those injuries is expensive. Most accident victims have to miss time at work even if they do recover fully. Someone else caused the accident. They should also be held responsible for the damage.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we’ll fight to get full compensation for your losses. That might include money for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Future medical expenses
- Reduced earning potential
- Long-term care
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Anxiety, depression and PTSD
- Loss of consortium, financial support and other damages for wrongful death
Florida personal injury laws give accident victims the right to full compensation for their losses. That doesn’t mean the insurance company will play by the rules. They’ll do everything they can to drive down the value of your claim.
You don’t have to accept the first settlement offer you see. Our injury lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers have a track record of convincing insurance companies to pay what you really deserve.
Contact an Experienced West Palm Beach Truck Accident Lawyer For Help Today
The trucking company will have teams of defense lawyers and insurance adjusters in their corner. You deserve a legal team that knows how to fight back.
If you’re struggling with injuries, an experienced West Palm Beach truck accident lawyer can help you get back on your feet. Just call Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers for a free consultation with our dedicated personal injury attorneys today.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office In West Palm Beach, FL
West Palm Beach Chiropractors
- Llorens, Jose L. D.C. – 219 S Olive Ave, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- Accelerate Health Center – 512 Evernia St Suite 203, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- Vital Health Chiropractic-Downtown WPB – 411 7th St, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- All Health Chiropractic & Acupuncture Center – 1649 Forum Pl Suite 4B, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Our personal injury law firm in West Palm Beach, FL also provides:
- Amputation Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Assault Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Aviation Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Birth Injury Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Boating Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Civil rights/police brutality lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Electric Scooter Attorney In West Palm Beach, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Maritime Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Mass Transit Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Negligent Security Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Premises Liability Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Product Liability Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Sexual Assault Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Train Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Worker’s Compensation Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Workplace Accidents Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL