Were you or a loved one injured by a defective product in West Palm Beach, Florida? You may be able to hold the manufacturer, seller, or other liable parties responsible for your medical bills, lost wages, and more.
However, defective product cases are complex. An experienced West Palm Beach product liability lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help you identify the responsible parties and hold them accountable for your losses. We have over 28 years of experience helping injury victims recover fair compensation after devastating accidents.
Call us at (561)-556-7873 or contact our law firm online to set up a free initial consultation with an experienced attorney. We’re available 24/7 to hear your story and implement a strategy to win your product liability case.
How Our West Palm Beach Product Liability Attorneys Can Help If You’ve Been Injured By a Defective Product
\You expect products to be safe for consumer use. After all, regulations and procedures are implemented to test products before market release. However, that’s not always the case; products may have different defects that cause injuries, even if you use them as intended.
Unfortunately, even if a company is aware of its faulty products, it isn’t always quick to pay injured consumers for the damages they cause. That’s where an experienced West Palm Beach product liability attorney can help.
Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers has nearly three decades of experience and has won tens of millions of dollars for injured victims throughout South Florida.
If you hire our top-rated legal team for help with your product liability case, we’ll:
- Research the defective product that injured you and evaluate whether any recalls or alerts have been issued for it
- Consult industry experts to understand the technical aspects of the product and whether the defect could’ve been prevented
- Negotiate with insurance companies, manufacturing companies, and other liable parties on your behalf
- Protect your right to fair compensation by pushing back against tactics that serve to undervalue your claim
- Argue your case before a Palm Beach County jury if we fail to secure a fair out-of-court settlement
Call our West Palm Beach, FL law office to discuss the product that injured you, your legal options, and the compensation you can seek.
What Is Product Liability?
Florida product liability laws provide a way for people injured by defective products to hold sellers, manufacturers, designers, suppliers, and others responsible for their losses.
Three types of defects can be alleged in product liability claims:
Product liability claims based on a design flaw allege that the product’s design is inherently dangerous and presents an unreasonable risk of harm. These products are unsafe even if they’re manufactured according to specifications and used as intended by consumers.
To prove a design defect, the plaintiff must show that the danger was foreseeable and that a safer, economically feasible alternative design of the product is available.
A manufacturing defect exists when something during the production, assembly, or manufacturing process affects a single item, batch, or whole line of products. For example, it may be contamination, the wrong size screw, or a cheaper material that causes the defect.
Marketing Defects/Failure to Warn
Sellers and manufacturers have a duty to warn consumers of the inherent risks of using a product. They must do this by placing conspicuous warning labels or instructions on their products. This is why you see lists of side effects on medications and instructions on how to assemble furniture correctly.
We Handle All Types of Product Liability Cases in West Palm Beach, FL
Any product can create a cause of action for a product liability claim if it injures a consumer while being used appropriately.
Our West Palm Beach defective product lawyers can help if you were injured by:
- Prescription drugs or over-the-counter medications
- Household appliances (e.g., ovens, stoves, microwaves, etc.)
- Children’s toys
- Stairs and ramps
- Televisions or computers
- Construction equipment, including machinery and scaffolding
- Beds and mattresses
- Household cleaning products
- Pesticides and fertilizers
- Vehicle parts (e.g., brakes, seat belts, airbags, etc.)
- Chairs and sofas
- Phones and other electronic devices
- Power tools
- Medical devices
Reach out to us today to discuss your injuries and the defective product that caused them. We’ll start investigating immediately to help you recover the best outcome in your product liability case.
How Much Is My West Palm Beach Product Liability Case Worth?
Every product liability claim is unique, with different victims, defendants, products, and circumstances. Typically the more severe your injuries, the more your product liability claim is worth.
Several people may have been injured by the same product, or you may be the only one. The defendant may be a large corporation or a small business owner. All of these things can affect the value of your case.
The following questions will be helpful when valuing your claim:
- What product was involved, and how was it defective?
- What types of injuries did you sustain?
- How severe are your injuries, and are you expected to make a full recovery?
- How do your injuries affect your quality of life?
- Do your injuries prevent you from working?
- Do you have a permanent impairment or disability?
- Were you using the product as intended?
- What medical expenses, lost wages, and out-of-pocket costs have you incurred?
- Have you suffered pain, suffering, and emotional trauma due to the accident?
We’ll identify the possible defendants in your case and determine if other people have filed claims against them. We’ll also value the full extent of your damages to ensure you’re fully compensated.
What Compensation Is Available in Product Liability Cases in Florida?
Consumers who are injured by defective products in West Palm Beach, FL can seek economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages cover financial losses sustained due to the defective product, such as:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical needs, including physical therapy
- Lost income
- Loss of earning capacity
- Other out-of-pocket costs
Non-economic damages vary from one person to another and compensate for things like:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Lost enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship
Courts award punitive damages in some product liability cases, especially if the seller or manufacturer knew of a defect but continued to sell the product and failed to warn consumers. These damages aren’t intended to compensate victims for losses; they’re awarded to punish defendants for intentional or grossly negligent misconduct.
What Types of Injuries Are Caused By Defective Products?
Depending on the product that injured you, you could be facing various types of injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord damage
- Back injury
- Neck injury
- Nerve damage
- Internal organ damage
- Eye injury
- Hearing loss
- Facial injury
- Respiratory problems
- Illness from exposure to toxic substances
- Catastrophic injury
- Crushing injury
- Soft tissue injury
- Knee injury
We’ll review the injuries you’ve sustained due to the defective product and explore your legal options for compensation. Contact our product liability lawyers in West Palm Beach to learn more.
How Do I Prove My Product Liability Case in Florida?
Product liability cases in Florida can be based on many theories, including negligence, strict liability, and breach of warranty (or a combination of these theories).
For a product liability case based on negligence, you have the burden of proving the following elements:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care;
- The defendant breached their duty of care by failing to design, manufacture, or market the product as a reasonable party in a similar situation would;
- The defective product directly caused your injuries; and
- You suffered damages.
For a product liability case based on strict liability, you must prove:
- You used the product as intended or in a reasonably foreseeable manner;
- The product was unreasonably safe or defective when it was sold (i.e., you didn’t change it in any way);
- The defendant has a commercial connection with the product; and
- The defective product injured you.
As you can see, you don’t have to prove a breach of duty in a strict liability claim. The defendant may be liable for damages regardless of their intent. No matter the cause of action, we’ll gather evidence proving your claim for damages.
How Long Do I Have To File a Product Liability Lawsuit in Florida?
Florida law implements statutes of limitations for different types of cases, which set deadlines you must adhere to when filing your claim. Most product liability cases must be filed within four years of the date the defective product injured you. If you lost a loved one due to a defective product, you only have two years from their date of death to file a wrongful death claim.
Florida also has a statute of repose that bars product liability claims after a specified amount of time. If the defective product has an expected useful life of ten years or less, you cannot file a claim if your harm occurred more than 12 years after it was first sold, with some exceptions.
It’s crucial to call a personal injury attorney in West Palm Beach as soon as possible if you were injured by a defective product. We’ll ensure that you meet the applicable statutory deadline.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation With Our West Palm Beach Product Liability Lawyers
Did you sustain injuries due to a defective product in West Palm Beach, FL? You could be entitled to damages from the at-fault parties.
Contact Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers to speak with an experienced West Palm Beach product liability lawyer today. We’ll help you with your claim from start to finish and ensure that you recover the compensation you deserve for your losses.
We offer a free consultation, so call us today to schedule yours.