Were you or a loved one involved in a bus accident in West Palm Beach, FL? You may be entitled to seek compensation for your injuries. Contact an experienced West Palm Beach bus accident lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers for help recovering the maximum compensation you deserve.
We’ve been committed to protecting the rights of accident victims since we opened our doors back in 1996. To date, we’ve recovered tens of millions of dollars in life-changing settlements and verdicts for our clients in South Florida.
You may be entitled to financial compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. To learn more, call our law offices in West Palm Beach, Florida at (561) 556-7873 to schedule a free consultation today.
Table of Contents
How Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Bus Accident in West Palm Beach
Most of the time, public transportation is a safe and convenient option. We rarely think about what would happen if we were involved in a bus wreck. Unfortunately, even a minor bus accident can have serious consequences.
Filing a personal injury claim or lawsuit can help you get the money you need. Hiring a personal injury lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL will greatly increase your chances of recovering the full amount you deserve.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we can help by:
- Investigating to identify all responsible parties and insurance coverage options
- Standing up to insurance companies that will try to downplay the extent of your injuries
- Hiring leading experts and specialists to offer expert testimony
- Defending you if you’re blamed for causing the accident
- Negotiating with the insurance companies on your behalf
Getting hurt is never easy. Our legal team has a long history of standing up for accident victims like you. We’ve been recognized as an AVVO top attorney with a perfect-10 rating. We’ve also earned a spot in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Our West Palm Beach personal injury lawyers would be proud to use our skills to your advantage. All you have to do is call us today for a free initial consultation.
How Common Are Bus Accidents in West Palm Beach, FL?
Buses offer a convenient way to get around Palm Beach County. Palm Tran operates 32 bus routes out of West Palm Beach. Approximately 35,000 passengers board Palm Tran buses each day. Countless parents rely on school buses to transport children to and from school.
Unfortunately, bus wrecks do happen. According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), approximately 17,720 bus drivers and passengers were involved in bus accidents statewide in 2020.
In 2020, at least 223 bus passengers and drivers were injured in bus accidents across the state of Florida. Most of the injuries were sustained by passengers. Those figures don’t even begin to account for occupants in passenger vehicles, pedestrians, and bicyclists who may have sustained injuries in bus crashes.
Our lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers handle all types of bus accident cases, including those involving:
- Palm Tran buses
- Charter buses
- Shuttle buses
- Greyhound buses
- Tour buses
- School buses
Sadly, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) research shows that about 40% of all bus crashes involve school buses.
What is My West Palm Beach Bus Accident Case Worth?
Factors that can play a role in calculating the fair value of your personal injury claim include:
- The severity of your injuries
- How the injury impacted your work, education, and quality of life
- Your costs and expenses
- The emotional trauma you’ve experienced
- Your pain and suffering
- The nature of the responsible party’s actions
- Whether you’ve suffered a permanent or long-term impairment
In other words, your case is probably worth more than your past medical bills and lost income to date. That’s why we highly recommend that you have an experienced attorney review your case before taking a settlement offer.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Bus Accident Victims?
If you were injured in a bus crash, you may have sustained a variety of damages. You have the right to pursue compensation for all of your losses.
Our lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers will pursue money to cover your economic damages, or financial expenses, including:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Nursing care
- Property damage
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
We’ll also pursue compensation for your more subjective, non-economic damages, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, anxiety, and PTSD
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium
If you lost a loved one in a fatal bus crash, you may be entitled to additional damages for funeral costs, loss of inheritance, and more.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Bus Accident in Florida?
Unless you were injured as a bus passenger, there’s a good chance the insurance company might try to blame you for causing the accident. Under Florida comparative fault law, you won’t lose your right to damages entirely. Instead, your damages can be reduced in proportion to your share of fault.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Bus Accident Injuries
Buses have the ability to cause significant damage in an accident. Often, occupants in passenger vehicles suffer the most severe injuries in a crash.
Our West Palm Beach bus accident attorneys at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers often represent accident victims who have sustained:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Whiplash injuries
- Soft tissue damage, including sprains and sprains
- Nerve damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Burns and abrasions
- Chest injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
The injuries you’ve sustained may also depend on the type of bus accident. Our lawyers handle all types of bus accident cases, including those involving rollovers, t-bone accidents, rear-end collisions, and even head-on crashes.
What Causes Most Bus Accidents in West Palm Beach, Florida?
Many of the same factors that can cause a typical car accident in West Palm Beach also play a role in bus accidents. The streets of West Palm Beach can be congested and difficult to navigate–especially during prime tourist season.
Overall, some of the most common causes of bus accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Driver fatigue
- Inexperienced bus drivers
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Stopping in unsafe locations
- Failure to account for longer stopping distances
- Aggressive driving
- Passing too closely to other vehicles, bicycles, and pedestrians
- Dangerous turns
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Failure to regularly inspect and maintain the bus
- Vehicle defects
- Dangerous road conditions and poor visibility
Multiple factors can play a role in any bus crash. While the bus driver’s negligence is often a contributing factor, other parties may ultimately share financial liability. That makes it especially important to identify every factor that contributed to the cause of your accident.
Our lawyers in West Palm Beach have the tools to launch a full investigation into the crash. To get started, call to schedule a free case review today.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Bus Accident in Florida?
Bus accident victims can seek compensation from anyone who contributed to the accident.
Responsible parties often include:
- Bus drivers
- Bus companies
- Government agencies
- Maintenance companies
- Manufacturers of defective vehicle components
- Third-party drivers, pedestrians, or bicyclists
To successfully recover damages, however, you’ll first have to establish liability. That usually requires proving negligence. Someone is negligent when they fail to exercise a reasonable level of caution.
More specifically, your lawyers will work to prove that:
- The defendant owed you a legal duty of care
- They violated, or breached, that duty
- The breach directly caused the accident
- You suffered damages
Bus drivers in Florida are common carriers. That means they’re held to a higher standard of care. Still, a detailed investigation will be necessary to prove your case–and that takes time and energy. While you focus on recovering, let our lawyers coordinate an investigation to find out who was responsible for your injuries.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Bus Accident in Florida?
It’s always a good idea to speak with a lawyer relatively soon after an accident. It can take time to locate evidence to prove your personal injury case.
However, under the Florida statute of limitations, you have four years to file a personal injury lawsuit. After the four-year deadline passes, the court will refuse to hear your case. That means you’ll be barred from seeking damages.
In bus accident cases, you may have less time to act. Before you can recover damages from a government agency, you’ll have to file a notice of claim. The deadline may only be a few months from the date of your injury.
Contact a West Palm Beach Bus Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Were you or a family member injured in a bus crash? Our lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers know how to handle these complex cases. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with an experienced West Palm Beach bus accident lawyer.
Our personal injury law firm in West Palm Beach, FL also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Birth Injury Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Premises Liability Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Truck Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL