A common cause of traffic accidents in West Palm Beach, FL is the failure to obey traffic signals. Failing to stop for traffic lights results in intersection accidents. The consequences of red and yellow light accidents in West Palm Beach, FL can be devastating.
Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers handle all types of traffic accident claims. Our legal team works tirelessly to get you the money you deserve after a car accident.
Call our West Palm Beach law office at 561-556-7873 to schedule a free consultation with an experienced West Palm Beach car accident lawyer. We provide sound legal advice. Our legal team also guides you through the claims process to make the process as stress-free for you as possible, contact us here.
Table of Contents
How Our West Palm Beach Car Accident Lawyers Can Help After a Red and Yellow Light Accident
Proving fault for a red and yellow light accident could be challenging. Both drivers may claim that they had the right of way as they entered the intersection. Without evidence proving the other driver was at fault, you might not recover fair compensation for your damages.
Therefore, our West Palm Beach auto accident lawyers carefully analyze each factor of your accident claim. We investigate to gather evidence proving you had the right of way.
Additionally, when you hire the Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers to handle your case, you can expect us to:
- Explain the Florida traffic laws and personal injury laws applicable in your case
- Search for evidence proving the other driver caused the crash by failing to stop for traffic lights
- Work with expert witnesses, as necessary
- File claims with insurance companies and other parties to protect your rights
- Monitor deadlines to file lawsuits under the Florida statute of limitations
- Calculate an accurate and fair value for your damages
- Fight to get you full compensation for damages, including taking the case to court if necessary
If another driver fails to yield the right of way, contact our legal team in West Palm Beach, Florida for a free case evaluation. Learn more about how we can help you with your claim during your free appointment with an attorney.
Injuries Caused by Red and Yellow Light Accidents in West Palm Beach
Drivers have a duty of care to come to a complete stop until they have the green light or they are sure there is no danger if they make a left turn. Running a yellow signal could have the same result as running red lights when a driver turns left. A collision with oncoming traffic could cause the vehicle to roll over or cause the occupant to be ejected from the vehicle.
Injuries that people sustain in red and yellow light accidents include:
- Blunt force trauma to the face and hands from the airbag and striking the dashboard
- Traumatic brain injuries and skull damage
- Injuries and damage to internal organs
- Broken bones and fractures
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Whiplash caused by rear-end collisions
The damages caused by running yellow lights and red lights could be significant, depending on the severity of your injuries. Documenting your injuries and other damages increases your chance of receiving full compensation for your accident claim.
Who is Liable for Damages Caused by Red and Yellow Light Accidents in South Florida?
The driver who failed to yield the right of way is generally liable for damages caused by the crash.
- Property damage
- Medical bills and expenses
- Lost income and benefits
- Disabilities, impairments, and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering caused by physical injuries
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Reduced earning potential and future lost wages
- Cost of nursing care and personal care
The insurance company for the at-fault driver may allege that you were partially to blame for the cause of the crash. This tactic is used to reduce the amount of money the insurance company must pay to resolve your injury claim.
Our legal team gathers evidence to refute these claims. Evidence proving fault may include videos of the collision, eyewitness statements, physical evidence, photographs of the accident scene, and police reports. In some cases, we may consult with accident reconstructionists and other experts to help prove that you were not to blame for the cause of the crash.
Let Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers Help After Your Car Accident in West Palm Beach
Intersection accidents can cause catastrophic injuries and wrongful deaths. The crashes are often head-on collisions or side-impact crashes. These types of auto accidents have a high risk of severe injuries and death.
If you were hurt in a red and yellow light accident in West Palm Beach, FL please contact us to request a free case review. We encourage you to call today so we can begin work on your car accident case.