If you’ve been hurt in a U-Turn car accident in West Palm Beach, FL, don’t hesitate to call Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers. You may be entitled to compensation from the negligent driver and other parties. Our West Palm Beach car accident lawyers can help you fight to get every cent you deserve.
Since 1996, attorney Gregg Hollander has been a tireless advocate for crash victims in South Florida. He’s helped his clients win tens of millions of dollars in life-changing settlements and verdicts. He’s here to help you after your devastating U-Turn car crash, too.
Table of Contents
How Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers Can Help After a U-Turn Collision in West Palm Beach
Making a U-Turn is dangerous, but that doesn’t stop drivers from attempting to make these types of maneuvers. When they cause harm, these drivers have to be held accountable. That’s what our West Palm Beach car accident lawyers will work hard to do for you.
As we handle your personal injury case, we’ll:
- Gather evidence to prove that your crash and injuries were caused by an unsafe U-Turn
- Investigate to determine if there were any other contributing factors
- Determine who could be held financially accountable for your injuries and suffering
- Help you understand and exhaust all of your legal options for recovery, from insurance benefits to a lawsuit
- Defend you if insurance companies or other parties attempt to blame you
- Negotiate to get the best possible settlement deal for you
- Bring your case to a jury if you’re not offered a reasonable settlement
Focus on recovering from your catastrophic injuries. Take time to heal from the emotional trauma you’ve experienced. Let Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers handle your fight for compensation. Call our law office in West Palm Beach, Florida, to get started now.
Is it Legal to Make a U-Turn in West Palm Beach, FL?
U-Turns are legal in the state of Florida unless there are traffic signs that prohibit them. It’s up to local towns and municipalities to decide if they want to make some or all U-Turns illegal.
Under Florida law, there are certain things that drivers must do in order to execute a legal U-Turn.
Drivers attempting to make a U-Turn must:
- Yield the right of way to all other motorists and road users (such as pedestrians and bicyclists).
- Wait until it is safe to turn before beginning the maneuver.
For a U-Turn to be legal, the coast has to be clear. If a driver makes a U-Turn and disrupts the flow of traffic, then they could be liable for any resulting accidents or harm.
What Causes Most U-Turn Car Crashes in West Palm Beach?
Negligence is the leading cause of most U-Turn auto accidents in South Florida.
Some of the most common contributing factors to these types of car accidents include:
- Failure to yield the right of way to oncoming traffic
- Making a turn without checking for oncoming traffic
- Misjudging the time and distance a vehicle has to make a safe U-Turn
- Attempting to make a U-Turn from a middle lane of traffic
- Not making a U-Turn from a designated turning lane when appropriate
- Failure to look for pedestrians and/or bicyclists before turning
- Attempting to make a U-Turn with an obstructed view or in conditions where visibility is limited
- Not slowing down before making a U-Turn
- Ignoring traffic control signals (e.g., steady red lights or arrows, signs prohibiting U-Turns)
- Inclement weather
- Vehicle malfunction or defect
- Driver distraction
- Driver intoxication
- Illegal U-Turns
Our personal injury lawyers in West Palm Beach will carefully investigate your U-Turn crash to figure out why it happened. Once we know the cause(s), we can move forward and build a strong case for damages on your behalf.
Who’s At Fault For a U-Turn Car Crash in Florida?
Typically, it’s the driver attempting to turn around who’s at fault and liable for these types of accidents. However, that’s not always the case. The U-Turn driver may only be partly to blame or may bear no responsibility, at all.
Other potentially liable parties could include:
- Drivers of other motor vehicles (if they speed up or attempt to interfere with a safe and legal U-Turn)
- Pedestrians crossing at unsafe and/or unmarked locations at an intersection
- Bicyclists riding against the flow of traffic
- Manufacturers, if a product defect contributes to a U-Turn crash (e.g., faulty brakes or lights)
- Government agencies, if a defective road design is a factor
It’s important to consider causation and liability from every possible angle. Our personal injury and wrongful death attorneys will aggressively pursue damages from anyone who shares fault for your U-Turn motor vehicle accident.
Call Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers After a U-Turn Car Accident in West Palm Beach, FL
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, our West Palm Beach car accident lawyers have 28+ years of experience handling tough cases like yours. Let us help you fight for a full financial recovery after your U-Turn car accident in West Palm Beach, FL. We’ll seek full damages for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Contact our law firm, with an office conveniently located in West Palm Beach, to arrange a time for your free consultation. We’re standing by to take your call right now or whenever you need help the most.
Other Car Accident Claims We Cover
- Head-on crashes
- Rideshare accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Accidents involving a self-driving car