Intersections are one of the most common locations where car accidents occur. Because multiple vehicles are approaching the intersection from different directions, the likelihood of a collision is much higher than when vehicles are traveling in the same direction.
In addition to worrying about negligent motorists who run red lights or stop signs, motorists also need to keep a lookout for pedestrians and pay attention to various signs telling them what to do. Problems with traffic signs, signals, and road markings can also create hazardous conditions where crashes are more likely to occur.
If you were injured in an intersection crash in West Palm Beach, Florida, Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help. Our car accident lawyers are here to help demand the compensation you deserve after being harmed by the negligence of others. Call our law office today at (561) 556-7873 for your free case review.
Table of Contents
How Our West Palm Beach Car Accident Lawyers Can Help After an Intersection Crash
Empathy and compassion are the driving forces behind Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers.
For nearly three decades, our team has fought to recover the compensation our clients deserve after being harmed by the negligence of others.
When you hire our West Palm Beach car accident attorneys to represent you after an intersection collision:
- We can investigate the circumstances surrounding your crash and the factors that contributed to it.
- We can examine photos or videos regarding the accident, including the design of the intersection and the inefficiency of any signs.
- We can determine who is responsible for your injuries and advise you of your legal rights and options.
- We can investigate the applicable statute of limitations and procedural requirements involved in your case, especially if a government agency is named as a defendant.
- We can document the full extent of your injuries.
Our West Palm Beach, FL personal injury law firm offers a free, no-obligation consultation, so you have nothing to lose when you contact us for a free case review.
What Are the Dangers of Intersections?
Accidents are more likely to occur at intersections. According to the U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration, more than half of all fatal and injury crashes occur at intersections.
Intersection accidents typically occur when multiple roads meet where drivers are traveling in different directions. Traffic lights or road signs may direct traffic to help keep motorists safe. However, when motorists make the decision to disregard these signs or they cannot see them, serious injuries can occur.
Some of the most common causes of intersection accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Impaired driving
- Poor road design
- Lack of road signs
- Maintenance issues related to signage or traffic lights
- Malfunctioning traffic lights
An experienced West Palm Beach personal injury lawyer can investigate the accident that caused your injuries and determine who is responsible for it.
What Are Common Injuries Stemming from Intersection Crashes in West Palm Beach, FL?
Intersection crashes may happen when a driver is running a red light or stop sign, which can result in serious injuries, such as:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ damage or bleeding
- Knee and leg injuries
- Elbow and wrist injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Airbag deployment injuries, such as chest injuries
It is also not uncommon for intersection accidents to result in T-bone accidents, which often lead to serious injuries because the side of the impacted car is hit during this type of crash. The sides of most passenger vehicles do not have as effective safety features as other vehicles.
An experienced car accident lawyer in West Palm Beach can help gather evidence to help you identify the responsible party for your injuries.
Evidence To Help Establish Liability in a West Palm Beach Intersection Collision
Florida has numerous laws regarding the right-of-way at intersections. Determining who is at fault for an intersection collision often comes down to showing who violated these laws.
Critical evidence that may help establish liability might include:
- Accident reports
- Photos or videos of the accident scene
- Traffic camera, dash cam footage, or surveillance footage of the circumstances leading up to the accident
- Statements from witnesses
An experienced lawyer can identify and gather compelling evidence that can help with your case.
What Damages Can I Recover After an Intersection Crash in West Palm Beach, Florida?
If you were injured in a crash at an intersection, you may be able to recover compensation for the damages you suffered, including:
- Past, present, and future medical expenses
- Lost wages, lost employment benefits, and reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
- Physical and mental pain and anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Our legal team is ready to get started on your case.
Contact Our West Palm Beach Car Accident Attorneys for Assistance After Your Intersection Crash
If you were injured in an intersection crash in West Palm Beach, FL, Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers is here to help. Our team is standing by and is ready to assist you with proving who is to blame for the accident and put you on the path to recovery. Call us today for a free consultation.