Have you recently been injured in a commercial vehicle accident in West Palm Beach, FL? If so, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and suffering. Our West Palm Beach commercial vehicle accident lawyers are here to advocate for you and get you the money you deserve.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we have been providing injury victims with exceptional legal representation since 1996. In the process, we have earned a reputation for winning large financial awards that help our clients get back the lives they had before their accidents.
Call our West Palm Beach, Florida law offices at (561) 556-7873 to speak with one of our personal injury lawyers. We offer a free consultation, so you lose nothing by contacting us to review your accident. Contact us today.
Table of Contents
How Our West Palm Beach Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You After a Commercial Vehicle Crash
After being involved in a commercial vehicle accident, you need time to focus on your recovery and not be concerned about financial strain. Let us handle the legal matters and fight for the monetary resources you need to support you and your family after your accident.
Our West Palm Beach car accident attorneys at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, know how critical it is for you to get the justice you deserve for what you are going through following your accident. Having a well-respected law firm in your corner can significantly increase the likelihood of a positive outcome in your case.
Here are just a few of the services you can expect from us when you select our law firm to represent you in your accident case:
- Take the time to hear your side of how the accident happened
- Investigate the accident site for details surrounding the crash
- Collect evidence, including accident reports, medical records, surveillance footage, and witness statements
- Bring on expert witnesses such as automotive specialists, medical professionals, and accident reconstructionists to consult on your case
- Negotiate with insurance companies to get you the best possible offer
- Take your case to court if the insurance company denies your claim or tries to lowball you
Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, operates on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay nothing unless we are able to secure a financial award for you.
What Is a Commercial Vehicle?
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) a commercial vehicle is defined as:
- A self-propelled or towed vehicle used to transport goods or passengers, with
- A gross vehicle weight rating or combination weight rating of 26,001 pounds or more, or
- Seats to transport more than eight passengers for money, or
- Seats to transport more than 15 passengers, not for money, or
- A bed or trailer to transport a large quantity of hazardous material.
Florida statute further defines a commercial vehicle as any vehicle used to transport goods or passengers and includes the following requirements:
- Not owned or operated by a governmental entity;
- Uses special fuel or motor fuel on the public highways; and
- Has a gross vehicle weight of 26,001 pounds or more, or has three or more axles regardless of weight, or is used in combination when the weight of such combination exceeds 26,001 pounds gross vehicle weight.
When people think of commercial vehicles, they tend to think of large semi-trucks, but the definition extends beyond just trucks.
Other examples of commercial vehicles include:
- Garbage trucks
- Delivery trucks
- Cement trucks
- Commercial passenger buses
- Farming equipment
- Ice cream trucks
It is important to identify the type of commercial vehicle involved in your accident because commercial vehicles and drivers have to meet certain requirements such as special licensing. Our experienced personal injury legal team at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers knows what to look for in determining whether Florida laws were followed.
What Injuries Occur in Commercial Vehicle Accidents?
Being in a commercial vehicle accident can be especially devastating due to the size and weight of these vehicles. Injuries resulting from commercial vehicle accidents are often more severe and life-threatening than typical car accidents.
Some of these injuries include:
- Spinal cord injury
- Brain injury
- Broken or fractured bones
- Cuts and lacerations
- Airbag injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
You should not have to suffer through these injuries without financial compensation from the negligent parties responsible for your pain. We will work to hold them accountable and work tirelessly to get you justice.
How Common are Commercial Vehicle Accidents in Florida?
According to the FMCSA:
- There were roughly 510,000 crashes involving big trucks in 2019 (more than 1300/day)
- 4,805 large trucks were involved in fatal accidents in 2019
- Fatal accidents went up 47% between 2009-2019
- 82% of those killed in commercial vehicle accidents were individuals other than the truck occupants (such as a passenger vehicle occupant, pedestrian, or motorcyclist)
- Trucks constitute only 8% of the traffic on highways but make up 11% of total fatal crashes
According to the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, in 2017 alone there were:
- 32,000 large truck accidents
- 27 fatalities
- 57 incapacitated
- 1053 injuries
Commercial vehicle accidents also wreak havoc across the United States. A person is injured or killed due to a commercial vehicle accident every 16 minutes in the U.S. Each year sees more than 140,000 people injured.
Get Help After a Car Accident in West Palm Beach, Florida
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we take your injuries seriously and treat our clients like family. We care about what you’re going through, and we will not let the parties responsible for your pain off the hook. Our goal is to help you get justice and financial compensation so you can breathe easy and get back to your life. You can trust us with your case.
Contact us if you’ve been involved in a commercial vehicle accident in West Palm Beach. We will work with you to lay out a legal plan so you can move forward. We offer a 100% free consultation and you pay nothing unless we win. Call us today – we’re here 24/7.
Other Car Accident Claims We Cover
- Aggressive driving
- Head-on crashes
- Chain reaction
- Red and yellow light accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- U-Turn accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- DUI accidents
- Accidents involving self-driving cars