If you or a loved one were injured in an electric scooter accident in West Palm Beach, FL, you may be entitled to financial compensation. An experienced West Palm Beach electric scooter accident lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help you fight to secure money for medical bills, lost wages, and your suffering.
We’ve been committed to protecting the rights of accident victims in South Florida since we opened our doors back in 1996. We’ve already recovered tens of millions of dollars for those clients. Give us a call today to see how we can help with your case.
Table of Contents
How Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers Can Help After an Electric Scooter Accident in West Palm Beach
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we have a proven track record of winning fair compensation for our clients when it matters the most. Over the years, we’ve helped countless clients navigate complex personal injury claims.
We’ve been recognized as Avvo “top attorneys” and earned a spot on the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. We also have more than 28 years of experience proving that we have what it takes to win the maximum compensation for our clients.
Hire us, and our West Palm Beach personal injury lawyers will:
- Launch a full investigation into the accident
- Identify all responsible parties and insurance coverage
- Help you understand the pros and cons of all legal options
- Hire top-rated experts and specialists to support your claim
- Handle all insurance negotiations so you can focus on getting better
Insurance companies rarely make matters easy after a serious accident. They’ll do whatever they can to minimize your settlement. Our lawyers are familiar with these tactics and will work tirelessly to protect you.
To learn more about how an experienced West Palm Beach personal injury attorney can help with your case, call or contact us today.
How Common Are Electric Scooter Accidents in West Palm Beach, FL?
Electric scooters have become extremely common in major U.S. cities. More than 38.5 Americans took e-scooter rides in a single year. West Palm Beach now allows e-scooter rentals as an alternative to motor vehicle traffic.
Despite the convenience factor, e-scooters are controversial. Even strict safety regulations in major U.S. cities have done little to prevent e-scooter accidents. At least 27 fatal e-scooter accidents were reported to the Consumer Product Safety Commission between 2017 and 2019.
Over a five-year period, more than 3,000 people were hospitalized with e-scooter injuries. Electric scooters have been blamed for tens of thousands of injuries during that period.
What is My West Palm Beach Electric Scooter Accident Case Worth?
Money can’t take away your suffering. It can be critical to protecting your financial security after an accident. Unfortunately, insurance companies are always looking for ways to pay less than the victim really deserves.
Our team at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers will carefully review the facts to assess how much your personal injury case is worth.
Numerous factors can be important in our evaluation, including:
- The type and severity of the injuries involved
- The cost of your medical treatment and expenses
- Whether you’ll require ongoing medical care or rehabilitation
- Your lost wages and income
- Whether you can return to work in the same capacity
- Your emotional and physical suffering
- Whether you contributed to the accident
Some damages are easy to calculate. It’s much more difficult to assign a dollar value to pain and suffering or anticipate the future cost of your medical care.
Fortunately, you don’t have to handle the valuation process alone. Our lawyers in West Palm Beach are here to help, so give us a call to schedule a free initial consultation today.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Electric Scooter Accident Victims?
Florida personal injury laws give victims the right to reimbursement for all losses caused by an accident.
- Past and future medical expenses
- The emergency room visit
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Nursing care
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Physical disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
Our lawyers will aggressively seek the maximum compensation possible. To discuss your case, call for a free consultation today.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for an Electric Scooter Accident in Florida?
Multiple parties can share responsibility for the same accident. Florida comparative fault laws allow victims to recover compensation even if they were partly responsible.
Under Florida shared fault rules, your settlement or verdict will be reduced in proportion to your percentage of liability. So, if you were 40% responsible for the crash, you can take home 60% of your compensation.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Electric Scooter Accident Injuries
Like bicycles, e-scooters offer very little protection for victims in an accident.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, our West Palm Beach electric scooter accident attorneys represent clients who have sustained:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Other head and neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
- Soft tissue damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Burns and road rash
- Amputation injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Studies have shown that over one-third of the e-scooter riders who visit the hospital are treated for head injuries. However, Florida laws don’t require riders to wear a helmet unless the maximum electric scooter speed exceeds 30 miles per hour.
While helmets can’t protect against all injuries, they can reduce the risk of sustaining brain damages in an accident.
What Causes Most Electric Scooter Accidents in West Palm Beach, Florida?
Florida law requires drivers to be at least 16 and have a valid driver’s license to operate an e-scooter. Still, most people have very little experience operating the electric scooters offered by Bird, Lime, and other e-scooter companies. Often, crashes happen because of inexperienced drivers.
Some additional factors that often contribute to the cause of electric scooter accidents include:
- Operating the scooter on sidewalks and other prohibited areas
- Riding double on the scooter
- Parking the scooter in locations where pedestrians might trip and fall
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Excessive speeds
- Aggressive or reckless driving
- Lack of bike lanes or infrastructure
- Uneven pavement and potholes
- Dangerous turns
- Passing too close to pedestrians and vehicles
- Failure to follow traffic regulations
- Drunk driving
- Defective scooters, batteries, and scooter components
- Splitting lanes with other motorists
- Power surges and other scooter malfunctions
Electric scooters aren’t always easy to control. Further, infrastructure in West Palm Beach and other cities hasn’t caught up to provide a dedicated space for e-scooter operators.
If you were involved in an e-scooter accident, many different factors may have contributed to the crash. Our experienced lawyers will identify each and every factor so that we can hold all responsible parties accountable. Just give us a call for a free case review today.
How Do I Prove Negligence After an Electric Scooter Accident in Florida?
Careless driving is a leading cause of e-scooter accidents. However, pedestrians, bicyclists, and other motorists can also share responsibility for an accident. Under Florida personal injury laws, anyone whose negligence contributed to the accident can be liable for damages.
The victim is responsible for proving negligence after an accident. To recover damages, your lawyer will work to prove:
- The at-fault party had a legal duty of care
- A breach of duty occurred
- The breach directly caused your accident
- You suffered damages
Sometimes establishing liability after an accident is simple. In many e-scooter cases, however, it’s much more complex. It’s common for others to try to pin the blame on the e-scooter riders.
Our lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers will dig deep to find evidence to back up your claim, including:
- Video surveillance footage from traffic lights, businesses, and dash cams
- Eyewitness statements
- Evidence from the crash scene, including skid mark analysis and damage to vehicles
- Police reports
- Medical records
- E-scooter maintenance records
- And more
If your scooter was somehow defective, it’s also possible that you may be entitled to hold the scooter company strictly liable for damages.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After an Electric Scooter Accident in Florida?
Like any car accident victim, you have to take legal action before the statute of limitations expires. Otherwise, you’ll lose your right to compensation.
In Florida, you have four years to file a personal injury lawsuit. The clock starts to run on the date of the e-scooter accident.
Contact a West Palm Beach Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Every dollar can be important when you’ve sustained a serious injury in West Palm Beach, Boynton Beach, or Delray Beach. Our lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers have the experience to help you recover the maximum compensation available. Get started today by calling for a free consultation with an experienced West Palm Beach electric scooter accident lawyer.
Our personal injury law firm in West Palm Beach, FL also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Birth Injury Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Premises Liability Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Truck Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL