Did you or a loved one sustain injuries in an accident involving Lyft in West Palm Beach, FL? You may be entitled to recover damages from the rideshare company. An experienced West Palm Beach Lyft accident lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help you fight to maximize your financial recovery.
Since 1996, we’ve worked hard to secure the maximum compensation possible for accident victims across South Florida. Our dedication has paid off: we’ve already recovered tens of millions of dollars for our injured clients.
We’ll help you fight for money to cover medical bills, lost wages, and your pain and suffering after a car accident. All you have to do is call our West Palm Beach, Florida law offices at (561) 556-7873 or contact us to schedule a free consultation today.
Table of Contents
How Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Lyft Accident in West Palm Beach
If you were seriously injured in a rideshare accident, you may quickly realize that the insurance company doesn’t want to go to court. The insurance adjuster might offer a fast settlement–or use scare tactics to convince you that you don’t have a case.
You may not know whether they’re right. Fortunately, you don’t have to handle your case alone. An experienced West Palm Beach car accident lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can offer sound legal advice every step of the way.
You can expect our team to:
- Identify all parties who share responsibility for your accident
- Calculate the fair value of your personal injury claim
- Defend you if and when the insurance company tries to pin the blame on you
- Negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf
Unlike the insurance companies, our West Palm Beach car accident attorneys aren’t afraid to fight for you in court. We’ve achieved a perfect-10 AVVO rating and earned a spot on the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
You don’t have to take our word for it. Call our team to learn more about an attorney-client relationship today.
How Common Are Lyft Accidents in West Palm Beach, FL?
Uber and Lyft are now extremely common in West Palm Beach and across the U.S. Research shows that there are about 1.4 million Lyft drivers nationwide. As of January 2019, 65 million people had downloaded the Lyft app.
Still, Lyft drivers use their own personal vehicles. Many people drive for both Uber and Lyft. That makes it difficult to know how common Lyft accidents really are. On the other hand, studies do show that traffic fatalities have increased since ridesharing companies took to the roads.
By some estimates, traffic deaths have increased by 2% to 4% for every year that Uber and Lyft have been on the roads in major cities.
What is My West Palm Beach Lyft Accident Case Worth?
Most often, the following additional factors will influence the value of your case:
- The nature of your injuries and your future medical costs
- Whether you’ll suffer a long-term disability
- How the injury will impact your quality of life
- The duration of your recovery
- The circumstances of the accident
- Whether you’ve suffered any emotional trauma
Available insurance coverage can also impact the value of Lyft car accident claims. Because Uber and Lyft drivers are independent contractors, the rideshare company isn’t responsible when they cause an accident.
However, Florida laws now require Lyft to purchase commercial car insurance to cover damages sustained in an accident. The value of the Lyft insurance policy will depend on the driver’s status at the time of the accident.
Lyft App is Turned On
If the Lyft app is turned on and the driver is available to accept a ride, the following liability insurance is available:
- $50,000 in bodily injury coverage per person
- $100,000 in bodily injury coverage per accident
- $25,000 in property damage coverage per accident
The Lyft policy provides third-party liability coverage if your own car insurance policy doesn’t cover your damages.
Driver Has Accepted a Ride or is Carrying a Passenger
From the moment the Lyft driver accepts a ride request, a more generous $1 million insurance policy kicks in. That coverage lasts until the ride has ended within the Lyft app.
In other words, the $1 million policy is available if:
- The Lyft driver is en route to pick up a passenger
- A passenger is in the Lyft vehicle
The policy also provides uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage and contingent collision coverage.
Lyft App is Turned Off
If the rideshare app is turned off, the Lyft driver’s personal insurance policy will apply. The case will be treated like any other car accident case.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Lyft Accident Victims?
Lyft accident victims may be entitled to both economic damages and non-economic damages that don’t have a concrete financial value.
Common types of economic damages include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost future earning potential
- Specialized treatment
- Property damage
- Additional out-of-pocket expenses
Our lawyers will also seek compensation for your personal, non-economic damages, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, anxiety, depression, or PTSD
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
Even if an insurance policy is available, the insurance company won’t simply hand over a check. You’ll have to prove the damages you’ve sustained. Our West Palm Beach Lyft accident attorneys can evaluate your claim and identify your damages. Just call for a free case review today.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Lyft Accident in Florida?
Multiple factors can play a role in any auto accident. Under Florida’s modified comparative fault laws, you can recover damages even if you’re partly responsible for an accident.
Insurance companies often blame victims for getting hurt. If they succeed, they can reduce your settlement in proportion to your share of fault. On the other hand, you won’t lose your right to seek compensation unless you were 51% or more liable for the crash.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Lyft Accident Injuries
Lyft accidents have the potential to cause serious injuries. We’re here to recover damages for any injury you’ve suffered, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Whiplash injuries
- Soft tissue damage, including sprains and sprains
- Nerve damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Burns and abrasions
- Chest injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Recovering from your injuries should be your top priority. Our lawyers in Palm Beach County will make it our top priority to recover the fair compensation you deserve. Just give us a quick call for a free initial consultation to learn more.
What Causes Most Lyft Accidents in West Palm Beach, Florida?
Traffic accidents involving Lyft happen for many different reasons. Some of the most common causes of Lyft accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Stopping in unsafe locations
- Making sudden stops to let passengers out
- Speeding and traffic violations
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Aggressive driving
- Dangerous turns
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Driver fatigue
- Road hazards and poor visibility
- Failure to maintain the vehicle
Some Lyft drivers aren’t familiar with the area. They may be paying attention to their GPS device instead of watching the road.
Not sure what caused your accident? We can help. Contact us for a free case review to discuss your case today.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Lyft Accident in Florida?
Lyft accidents tend to happen because someone was careless. In other words, they happen because of negligence.
To recover damages based on negligence, you must establish:
- The at-fault driver owed you a legal duty of care
- A breach of duty occurred
- The breach was the proximate cause of the accident
- You suffered injuries, or damages, because of the accident
Our West Palm Beach car accident lawyers can locate evidence to support each element of your negligence claim. We’ll gather and analyze:
- Data from the Lyft app
- Video surveillance footage from traffic lights, dash cams, and local businesses
- Eyewitness statements
- Photos of the crash scene
- Police reports
- Medical records
- And more
The investigation into the crash can be critical to recovering the maximum compensation you deserve. To learn more about how we can help, call Hollander Law Firm, P.A for a free case evaluation today.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Lyft Accident in Florida?
Under Florida personal injury law, victims have either two (for accidents occurring on or after 3/24/2023) or four years (for accidents taking place after that date) to file a lawsuit. Once the statute of limitations has passed, you’ll be barred from seeking damages.
As there are exceptions to the statute of limitations, we recommend getting in touch with our law office to confirm the appropriate deadline for your case.
Contact a West Palm Beach Lyft Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Were you injured in a Lyft accident? Dealing with the insurance company can make your recovery even more difficult. Our team at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help you fight for the full compensation you deserve. Contact us today to speak with an experienced West Palm Beach Lyft accident lawyer.
Our personal injury law firm in West Palm Beach, FL also provides:
- Amputation Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Assault Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Aviation Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Birth Injury Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Boating Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Electric Scooter Attorney In West Palm Beach, FL
- Maritime Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Mass Transit Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Negligent Security Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Premises Liability Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Product Liability Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Sexual Assault Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Train Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Truck Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Worker’s Compensation Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Workplace Accidents Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL