Were you injured aboard a cruise ship near West Palm Beach, FL? You may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Contact an experienced West Palm Beach cruise ship accident lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers for help recovering the maximum compensation you deserve.
Since 1996, we’ve committed our practice to fighting for accident victims in South Florida. We’ve recovered tens of millions of dollars in compensation over the years.
Table of Contents
How Can Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers Help After a Cruise Ship Accident in West Palm Beach
Lawsuits can be complex and overwhelming. Even filing a claim with the insurance company can be a nightmare. That’s probably the last thing you anticipated when you boarded a cruise ship for a relaxing vacation.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, our West Palm Beach injury attorneys have a proven track record of success when it comes to fighting big insurance companies and cruise lines. We’re here to handle every aspect of your legal claim while you recover.
When you hire us, expect a lawyer to:
- Independently investigate your accident claim
- Locate all evidence to prove causation
- Determine which state, federal, and maritime laws may apply in your case
- Consult with experts and specialists
- Handle all negotiations to maximize your financial award
Our West Palm Beach personal injury lawyers have over 28 years of experience handling complex injury claims. Attorney Hollander has been recognized as a Multi-Million Dollar Advocate and an Avvo Top Attorney with a perfect 10.0 Rating.
We also work on a contingency fee basis, so you won’t have to worry about any up-front costs. All you have to do is pick up the phone to schedule a free case evaluation today.
How Common Are Cruise Ship Accidents in West Palm Beach?
Major disasters, such as sinking or running around, are relatively rare on cruise lines. Still, nearly 450 major cruise ship accidents were reported between 2005 and 2018.
Around 30 million people boarded cruise ships in 2019 alone. Thousands of “minor” cruise ship accidents occur each year. Nearly every major cruise ship has reported accidents and incidents over the years.
In one three-year period, about 663 injuries were reported aboard cruise ships. More than 12% of those injuries were classified as “serious”–and 44.8% of all injuries onboard were caused by slips, trips, and falls.
What is My West Palm Beach Cruise Ship Accident Case Worth?
Every personal injury claim is different. Any lawyer who offers a dollar-value estimate without examining the facts isn’t being up front with you.
Before we can determine how much your personal injury case is worth, we’ll need to examine all of the facts. Important factors tend to include:
- The severity of your injury
- Whether you’ll be able to work while you recover
- Whether you’ll suffer a permanent disability
- How the injury impacts your daily life
- Florida’s modified comparative fault laws
Some cruise line tickets also contain provisions that limit the company’s financial liability after an accident. Our lawyers will carefully examine those provisions to determine whether they may impact the value of your claim.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Cruise Ship Accident Victims?
Any injury can make a dent in your bank account. The cost of medical care alone can be overwhelming. Fortunately, Florida personal injury laws allow victims to recover compensation to cover the full range of their out-of-pocket costs.
Examples of the types of economic damages that you may incur:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Property damage
Non-economic damages compensate for your “pain and suffering.” They often include:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish, anxiety, or depression
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of consortium
Our lawyers are here to help you seek the full range of damages available. We’ve handled cases like yours before, and we know how to win when it counts. Call to schedule a free case evaluation today to learn more about how we can help.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Cruise Ship Accident Injuries
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we know that even a “minor” accident or injury can change your life. You deserve to be compensated if someone else’s careless acts were to blame.
Common examples of cruise ship injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Cuts, lacerations, and soft tissue injuries
- Eye injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Chest injuries
- Back injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
The cost of treating an injury can add up quickly. If you or a family member sustained an injury aboard a cruise ship, don’t hesitate to reach out to Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers for legal advice today.
What Causes Most Cruise Ship Accidents in West Palm Beach, Florida?
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of cruise ship accident claims in West Palm Beach, including those involving:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Sexual assault
- Food poisoning
- Bed bugs
- Swimming pool accidents
- Recreation accidents
- Falls overboard
- Medical malpractice
- Fires and explosions
- Accidents during onshore excursions
- Negligent security
- Running aground
- Collisions with other vessels
- Amusement park accidents
Simple slip and fall accidents are a common cause of cruise ship injuries in Florida. Cruise lines are property owners under Florida state law. They’re required to maintain their property–the cruise ship–in a safe condition for passengers and crew.
Slip and falls often occur because of:
- Uneven surfaces
- Slick surfaces
- Missing guardrails
- Broken staircases
- Inadequate lighting
- Inadequate traction for surfaces that are frequently wet or slippery
- Missing mats or damaged carpeting
- Failure to inspect and maintain the vessel
- Failure to warn about known hazards
- Debris and obstacles in walkways
- Power outages
The cruise line can be responsible for injuries that occur anywhere on the vessel. It’s also possible that the company can be held liable for accidents and injuries that occur while offshore if you participate in cruise-sponsored excursions.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Cruise Ship Accident in Florida?
Negligence is a legal term for a failure to exercise reasonable caution to keep others safe. The four elements of negligence are:
A cruise ship is a business. Under Florida premises liability laws, business owners owe a heightened duty of care to customers.
That means the cruise line has a legal duty to:
- Maintain the ship in safe condition
- Regularly inspect the vessel to identify any hidden dangers
- Provide adequate warning about any dangerous conditions that can’t be fixed immediately
- Provide adequate security to prevent reasonably foreseeable criminal activity (including during onshore excursions)
- Provide safe access to the vessel
- Carefully screen, train and supervise the ship’s crew members
Getting the evidence to back up your claim can be challenging. You were only on the cruise ship for a few days–and you may have spent that time focusing on your injuries.
Our lawyers in West Palm Beach can help. We’ll conduct a detailed investigation and examine video footage, witness testimony, inspection records, medical records, and more. With that information, we can determine who was responsible for your injuries and demand fair compensation.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Cruise Ship Accident in Florida?
The Florida statute of limitations for most personal injury cases was recently modified. There is a default two-year deadline for accidents occurring on or after March 24th, 2023, and a four-year deadline for accidents taking place before that date.
However, cruise ship accident victims typically have much less time to take legal action. The terms and conditions of your cruise ticket will impact the deadline in your case. For example, if you’re injured aboard a Carnival Cruise ship, you must provide notice of the injury to Carnival within 185 days of the accident. You will then have only one year to file a personal injury lawsuit for damages–or risk forfeiting your right to compensation.
Each major cruise line sets its own terms and conditions. You could have more or less time, depending upon the company. Create an attorney-client relationship with an experienced West Palm Beach cruise ship accident attorney to protect your legal rights today.
Contact a West Palm Beach Cruise Ship Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Were you or a loved one injured aboard a cruise ship off West Palm Beach? Contact Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers for legal assistance today. An experienced West Palm Beach cruise ship accident lawyer can fight to maximize your financial compensation award and hold the cruise line accountable for your losses.
Our personal injury law firm in West Palm Beach, FL also provides:
- Amputation Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Assault Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Aviation Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Birth Injury Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Boating Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Electric Scooter Attorney In West Palm Beach, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Maritime Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Mass Transit Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Negligent Security Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Premises Liability Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Product Liability Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Sexual Assault Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Train Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Truck Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Worker’s Compensation Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Workplace Accidents Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL