Has your child recently been injured in an accident in West Palm Beach, FL? Do not hesitate to contact the West Palm Beach child injury lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers. Your family may be entitled to significant compensation, and our law firm can help you fight to maximize your financial recovery.
The costs of childhood trauma can last a lifetime. Our attorneys are ready to put 28+ years of legal experience to work to make things right for your family. Since 2002, we’ve successfully obtained tens of millions in settlements and verdicts for clients just like you.
Call us at (561) 556-7873 or contact our law offices in West Palm Beach, Florida, to get started with a free consultation. We’re happy to listen to your story, explain your legal options, and show you how we can help.
Table of Contents
How Our West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help If Your Child Has Been Hurt in an Accident
Despite the fact that a child was injured, insurance companies won’t want to pay for the consequences. You’ll have to put up a fight – and it’s important to have all the help you can to make your case a success. That’s why the best thing you can do is hire an experienced West Palm Beach personal injury lawyer to represent you.
At Hollander Law Firm, we’ve been standing up for accident victims and their families in South Florida since 1996. Our attorneys are nationally recognized for their hard work, dedication, and results.
When you hire us, you get the compassion and attention of a small firm while also benefiting from the resources and experience typically associated with a big firm. It’s the best of both worlds – especially when your child’s future is at stake.
You can count on us to:
- Coordinate a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding your child’s accident and injuries
- Bring in experts to help us gather, review, and analyze relevant evidence
- Handle all aspects of your case from start to finish – so that you have time to focus on your child’s recovery
- Utilize tried-and-true negotiation strategies designed to get you the best possible settlement offer
- Have our top-rated Florida trial attorney argue your child’s case before a compassionate jury, if necessary.
Our personal injury attorneys in West Palm Beach are the advocates you want in your corner during this difficult time. Contact our law office to arrange a time to speak about the details of your case. Your first consultation is absolutely free, so call now.
We Handle All Child Injury Cases in West Palm Beach, FL
Children are resilient, but they are also prone to serious injuries when they’re involved in traumatic accidents.
At Hollander Law Firm, we regularly represent children and their families in cases involving:
- Car accidents
- Backover accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Boating accidents
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Scooter accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Defective toys and products
- Fireworks accidents
- Food poisoning
- Birth injuries
- Medical malpractice
- School accidents
- Sports accidents
- Accidental swallowings
- Sexual assaults
- Daycare negligence or abuse
- Swimming pool accidents
- Accidents involving attractive nuisances
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
- Dog bites, and more.
Our compassionate wrongful death lawyers are also here for families who have had the tragic experience of losing a child in a fatal West Palm Beach accident.
What’s My Child’s Personal Injury Case Worth?
Just like every child is unique, every case is different, too.
What your child’s specific injury claim is worth will depend on a variety of factors, such as:
- The type of injuries your child sustained
- How serious those injuries are and the potential for life-long consequences
- Whether your child will be able to make a full recovery or if they’re facing a permanent disability
- Your family’s out-of-pocket costs related to the accident and injury
- The mental and emotional impact on your child, and
- Your child’s ability to live a normal life or earn a living
Determining the value of a child’s damages is considerably more difficult than calculating the value of an adult’s damages. Children have their whole futures in front of them. An injury – even a seemingly minor one – can change the course of their life forever. That could have a sizable financial impact – especially if the child had certain strengths that have been compromised by their injury.
The only way to really understand your child’s case value is to consult with an experienced child injury lawyer near you in West Palm Beach.
What Compensation is Available to Children Who Have Suffered Injuries in West Palm Beach Accidents?
Just like adults who are injured in South Florida accidents, children can recover both economic and non-economic damages in personal injury disputes.
Economic damages are awarded to compensate for the verifiable – and reasonably projected – financial costs of an accident.
Examples might include:
- Present and future medical bills
- Lost wages and income
- Physical therapy
- Medical devices or equipment
- Necessary home modifications to support a disability, and more.
Non-economic damages are awarded to make up for the consequences of a child’s accident that are subjective and difficult to value.
Often referred to as pain and suffering damages, these can include money for:
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Diminished quality of life
- Chronic pain
- Depression, anxiety, and PTSD
- Mental anguish
- Disfigurement and scarring, and more.
At Hollander Law Firm, we work closely with experts to identify damages and ensure that we can identify what each and every one is worth. With the help of medical professionals, rehabilitative specialists, forensic specialists, and more, we can learn about the specific details of your child’s case. The more we know, the better prepared we can be to advocate on your child’s behalf.
What Happens If My Child is Being Blamed For Their Accident?
Sometimes children are injured through no fault of their own. For instance, maybe your child was in the backseat of your car when you were rear-ended at a busy intersection in West Palm Beach.
Other times, children get hurt because they don’t always make the best decisions or appreciate the risks involved in what they’re doing. For example, let’s say your child suffered serious injuries, including significant loss of oxygen, because they saw a swimming pool in your neighbor’s yard and decided to jump in.
Can you still seek damages if your child contributed to their own accident and injuries? Under Florida state law, the answer is yes.
However, there are some important things to know:
Florida’s Pure Comparative Fault Rule and Children
Florida has pure comparative fault rules, which means that sharing blame for an accident will have a direct impact on damages in a personal injury case.
However, children under the age of six cannot typically be considered comparatively negligent. They simply don’t have the ability to logically consider and analyze the risks associated with their behavior. So, if your child is under the age of six, a defendant cannot argue that the child shares fault for their injuries.
Attractive Nuisances in Florida
An attractive nuisance is defined as “a dangerous condition on a landowner’s property that may particularly attract children onto the land and pose a risk to their safety.”
An attractive nuisance might be a swimming pool, a trampoline, or even just a big hole in the ground. When an adult has something that could be classified as an attractive nuisance, they have a legal obligation to take steps to keep children away from it.
Failure to take reasonable and necessary precautions – such as installing a fence or gate – can result in liability, regardless of the child’s age.
How Long Do I Have to File a Child Injury Lawsuit in Florida?
Children who have suffered injuries in an accident in Florida will typically have up to seven years to file a personal injury lawsuit for damages.
There are, however, circumstances that can give a child victim additional time to take legal action.
The statute of limitations can possibly be tolled (or paused) in child injury cases if:
- The defendant named in the lawsuit can’t be located or isn’t in the state of Florida
- The defendant can’t be served
- The child doesn’t have a parent or legal guardian, or if their interests are at odds.
Seven years – or longer – might seem like a long time. However, it’s important to get started on a personal injury case as soon as an injury is discovered.
Evidence can disappear. Witness memories fade. It takes time to gather documentation and identify the full scope of a child’s injuries. And, mistakes or missteps that cause a delay could cause you to miss the deadline that applies to the child’s case.
If your child has been injured and you suspect that someone else is to blame, don’t hesitate to reach out to our qualified West Palm Beach personal injury attorneys for help. We’ll be there to offer the guidance, support, and legal representation you need during this trying time.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our West Palm Beach Child Injury Lawyers
Has your child been injured in an accident in West Palm Beach? Do you believe that someone else caused them to get hurt? Hollander Law Firm will be there to help you pursue compensation.
We work on a contingency fee basis, which means it costs nothing to ask for our help until we win your case. No win, no fee. End of story.
Contact our West Palm Beach child injury lawyers today to schedule a free consultation to learn more.
Our personal injury law firm in West Palm Beach, FL also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Birth Injury Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Premises Liability Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Truck Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL